Windows 10: CD/DVD drive not listed in File Explorer

Discus and support CD/DVD drive not listed in File Explorer in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Earlier today, my cd/dvd drive disappeared from File Explorer. I insert a dvd and it spins, but nothing happens after that. I walked through some CMD... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ShawnWalker1, Feb 28, 2019.

1. CD/DVD drive not listed in File Explorer

Earlier today, my cd/dvd drive disappeared from File Explorer. I insert a dvd and it spins, but nothing happens after that. I walked through some CMD prompts with support tech to no avail. I have uninstalled in Device Manager and rebooted - nada. I can see the drive in Drive Management. I can change the drive letter, but it still doesn't appear in File Explorer. Have tried multiple tips from online - still nothing. At a loss at what to do next other than pay for a fix it program and hope for the best.

:)

ShawnWalker1, Feb 28, 2019
  2. KomouPoji Win User

how to copy files from the CD to the Computer drive

Hi Hankriegler,

I would suggest you to follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X.

• Click file explorer from the list.

• Select the CD/DVD drive and hit Enter.

• Select the files you want to copy from the CD/DVD, then select the drive where you want to paste or save.
    I hope the information is helpful.

Thank you.

KomouPoji, Feb 28, 2019
  3. CD/DVD drive no longer listed in windows explorer

My CD/DVD drive is no longer listed in windows explorer. How can I get it back?

ToddWilson1, Feb 28, 2019
  4. CD/DVD drive not listed in File Explorer

CD/DVD drive won't play CDs & does not appear in This PC list in File Explorer

Hello --

The CD/DVD drive on my older PC with Windows 10 has stopped playing CDs, and the drive does not appear under This PC in File Explorer.

- Yet Device Manager lists the drive and under Properties>General states "This device is working properly."

Any suggestions on how to fix this?

Further details:

- This is a reconditioned Lenovo ThinkPad T430s, running Windows 10 Pro

- The drive is Matsushita DVD-RAM UJ8C2 with up-to-date Microsoft driver

- Before it stopped playing and showing up in Explorer, some CDs were intermittently recognized within WMP. I thought this might be b/c of disc condition (borrowed from public library).

Joan-jjblue, Feb 28, 2019
Thema:

CD/DVD drive not listed in File Explorer

1. CD/DVD drive not listed in File Explorer - Similar Threads - DVD drive listed

2. CD/DVD does not show up in the File Explorer list

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    CD/DVD does not show up in the File Explorer list: I ran into this problem with my new Windows 10 desktop, and I was wondering if the system really came with a CD/DVD drive or not! I brought up 'This PC' and it was listed, but not in Explorer. After reading all the very involved, and complicated 'answers', none of which...
  3. no cd\dvd in file explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    no cd\dvd in file explorer: file explorer no showing cd\dvd https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-cddvd-in-file-explorer/8b78080c-70ab-47be-a862-4a7f233c59fa
  4. windows 10 cd/dvd file explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 10 cd/dvd file explorer: I can not burn file to my dvd/cd from file explorer since last windows 10 undate https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-cddvd-file-explorer/4d55ab0b-0695-4dca-aa47-24b7ac3d98f9
  5. cd/dvd drive

cd/dvd drive: although previously working ok, my HP pavilion will not run cd/dvd, I think since Windows 10 updates. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cddvd-drive/2052dead-0253-46dc-a189-ffe263dd0d15
  6. cd/dvd drive

cd/dvd drive: I have a new/used laptop and can't see the files from my cd/dvd drive. Device manager says drive is working properly, but it's not. Can someone help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cddvd-drive/4a1c6a9a-0e94-4804-9a7f-b7f99b2d551a
  7. CD/DVD drive won't play CDs & does not appear in This PC list in File Explorer

CD/DVD drive won't play CDs & does not appear in This PC list in File Explorer: Hello -- The CD/DVD drive on my older PC with Windows 10 has stopped playing CDs, and the drive does not appear under This PC in File Explorer. - Yet Device Manager lists the drive and under Properties>General states "This device is working properly." Any suggestions on...
  8. CD/DVD not showing on file explorer

CD/DVD not showing on file explorer: I noticed that on my W10 build, that the cd/dvd (Drive D: in my case) does not show on file explorer. However if I put a blank disk or a disk with data, it will show. This behavior is different than Win7, which always shows the cd/dvd drive. Is this a problem or feature??...
  9. CD/DVD Drive Missing in File Explorer And Device Manager.

CD/DVD Drive Missing in File Explorer And Device Manager.: Hi, title says it all. I'm having problems with my computer CD/DvD drive where its not shown in File Explorer As (D: ) or even shown in Device Manager. I have tried inserting a disk and ejecting it out and it works fine. However the drive is just missing from the computer....
  10. Too many CD/DVD drives shown in File Explorer

Too many CD/DVD drives shown in File Explorer: I have one DVD drive, with no DVD in it, yet File Explorer shows three drives, each with files in them. How do I get rid of the two phantom drives and get rid of the phantom files in the real DVD drive? 54816

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 cd drive not showing file explorer

2. no cd/dvd in file explorer

3. cd drive not listed on drive list