Windows 10: CD-DVD DRIVE NOT RECOGNISING DISC

Discus and support CD-DVD DRIVE NOT RECOGNISING DISC in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; HI Peeps just bought a recon computer, everything is up and running and works great. I just dug my old CD+G discs out of my shed because I want to... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by paulwildash, Jul 29, 2019.

1. CD-DVD DRIVE NOT RECOGNISING DISC

HI Peeps

just bought a recon computer, everything is up and running and works great.

I just dug my old CD+G discs out of my shed because I want to put together some backing track playlists.

for some reason when I put a new disc in it will only play the first track then says Window media player encountered a problem.

Also some discs just come up as Empty.

Could really do with some help. thanks guys Paul

:)

paulwildash, Jul 29, 2019

2. The DVD drive was not showing not recognised.

Thanks for info.

i have followed steps but still not working.

the DVDs/cd drive is shown in file manager and it shows it to be working correctly but when a cd/ dvd disc is inserted it is still not recognised.

If if I double click on the drive in file manager the disc is ejected and I am asked to insert a disc.

Any further suggestions?

regards

johnwbeasley, Jul 29, 2019
  3. CD/DVD RW Drive not recognised

Hi all.

I have an Acer laptop with built in DVD/CD RW drive, running Win 10

For some reason, the laptop has stopped recognising it.

When I put a disc in it whirs, spins and clicks as usual as if it were reading it normally, then stops.

Have gone through all the usual checks and I note that its not even listed under devices, in fact, there is no option for CD/DVD drives even listed to expand under

I have even gone as far as to return the laptop to factory settings and still no luck.

Can anyone suggest a fix (in laymans terms LOL)

SniperShot, Jul 29, 2019
  4. CD-DVD DRIVE NOT RECOGNISING DISC

The DVD drive was not showing not recognised.

Thanks.

I have gone through trouble shooting stage.

In Device manager the DVD/CD drives are shown as working correctly, the DVD drive is showing in File Explorer. When I right click properties it shows as working correctly.

When a disc is inserted and I left click on the drive in File Explorer it ejects the disc and asks for a disc to be inserted. It is therefore not recognising a valid disc.

Have you any suggestions

Regards

johnwbeasley, Jul 29, 2019
Thema:

CD-DVD DRIVE NOT RECOGNISING DISC

1. CD-DVD DRIVE NOT RECOGNISING DISC - Similar Threads - DVD DRIVE RECOGNISING

2. DVD drive cannot read DVD discs, read only CD discs.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DVD drive cannot read DVD discs, read only CD discs.: I'm using DVD RW drive. I was not used it for a while and now when I tried to use it it looks like it read only CD discs when show size is 0, but can play it as expected. Regarding DVD discs, the lamp is blinking but it show as disc is empty,Edition Windows 10 Home Version...
  3. CD/DVD Drive just not recognised at all

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    CD/DVD Drive just not recognised at all: I built my PC 3 years ago and installed a DVD drive because my part time job requires the burning and ripping of DVD's. It was working perfectly as usual last night until I turned on my computer this morning and my DVD was not recognised. I went into device manager and when...
  4. CD/DVD drive is not recognising

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    CD/DVD drive is not recognising: cod/dvd rom was not visible in my laptop. when i checked for it, an error code 45 occurred. acoording to microsoft to solve it, i had to uninstall the drives and after restarting the laptop a message should have popped to install it again. but it didn't. now i don't know how...
  5. CD/DVD RW Drive not recognised

CD/DVD RW Drive not recognised: Hi all. I have an Acer laptop with built in DVD/CD RW drive, running Win 10 For some reason, the laptop has stopped recognising it. When I put a disc in it whirs, spins and clicks as usual as if it were reading it normally, then stops. Have gone through all the usual...
  6. DVD does not recognise cd's or dvd's

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DVD does not recognise cd's or dvd's: I have an asus laptop (ROG Gamer) with windows 10 and cd's nor dvd's can be recognized from the dvd drive, also windows media player does not show it, can someone help me?...
  7. DVD/CD Rom doesn't recognise discs anymore

DVD/CD Rom doesn't recognise discs anymore: Hi my DVD/CD rom will no longer read any discs that are inserted. I was able to burn photos to a disc earlier today but now it wont it is saying there is no disc inserted! Please help Thanks...
  8. CD's not recognised in DVD/CD Samsung drive

CD's not recognised in DVD/CD Samsung drive: I have recently upgraded to Windows 10 and alll is working well except for the CD/DVD drive does not automatically recognise a CD when its inserted. With previous Windows 7 when I put a music CD in drive wiith itunes open then itunes would ask if i wanted to import CD. The...
  9. CD/DVD Drive not reading discs

CD/DVD Drive not reading discs: Hello! Since upgrading to Windows 10 my PC has been unable to read any CD/DVD disc I put in. I hear it spinning so I doubt there's any problem with the CD/DVD Drive itself. [img] I was thinking it could be a driver issue, but there doesn't seem like there's any...
  10. DVD drive not recognising CD

DVD drive not recognising CD: Hi all, my first ever post in my first ever forum so I'm sorry if I do things a bit wrong. I'm very frustrated. I brought a Video editing software package to put my old videos onto the laptop but my DVD driver is not recognising the CD. It sort of starts to spin, then stops...