Windows 10: CD/DVD Drive not working properly

Discus and support CD/DVD Drive not working properly in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So, I got a new empty CD and I wanted to record something on it. When I insert the CD in my CD/DVD drive it starts to make some noise. I can hear it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by adixx., May 10, 2020.

1. adixx. Win User

CD/DVD Drive not working properly

So, I got a new empty CD and I wanted to record something on it. When I insert the CD in my CD/DVD drive it starts to make some noise. I can hear it start and then, after a few seconds, it just stops. It doesn't autoplay the CD like it usually does. When I check to see if the CD is being recognized, it tells me to insert a disc. Then, I've tried another CD and I've inserted it into the drive and it works perfectly. I go back to the first one and the same thing happens.

:)

adixx., May 10, 2020
  2. Romel Ram Win User

Cd drive is stop working.

Hi Netrom,

There is a possibility that this is a problem with the CD/DVD drive driver. To properly troubleshoot the problem, kindly verify the following:

We're looking forward to your response.

Romel Ram, May 10, 2020
  3. Joosujin Win User
    CD/DVD drive is not correctly displayed

All the resolutions listed under Method 1 apply to the cases when CD/DVD drive is not recognized by Windows or other programs. Fortunately, my drive is recognized by Windows and other programs. I tried all the step-by-step resolutions listed, but did not
    work. For some reason, my CD/DVD drive icon is not the right icon for the drive, and is for compact flash. Any idea?

I also reset my BIOS settings back to factory reset, but it did not help.

Joosujin, May 10, 2020
  4. CD/DVD Drive not working properly

CD/DVD Drive not recongnizing

Original title: Franks

Hi Franks,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I would suggest you to install the latest drivers for CD/DVD drive from the manufacturer’s website or can update the drivers by following the steps provided below:

• Press “Windows key + R” and type “devmgmt.msc”.
    • Right click on DVD/CD Roms from the list and select
      properties.
    • Under Driver tab click on Update button and follow the prompts to update the driver.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, May 10, 2020
Thema:

CD/DVD Drive not working properly

1. CD/DVD Drive not working properly - Similar Threads - DVD Drive working

2. CD/DVD drive does not work.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CD/DVD drive does not work.: Split from this thread.I have the same problem but the fixes don't help. On the Resolution one there is no configure a devise that shows.Devise manager IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers it has mobile 5th generation Intel R Core tm SATA controller {AHCI model} 9C83It tells me to right...
  3. CD/DVD drive does not work.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CD/DVD drive does not work.: Split from this thread.I have the same problem but the fixes don't help. On the Resolution one there is no configure a devise that shows.Devise manager IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers it has mobile 5th generation Intel R Core tm SATA controller {AHCI model} 9C83It tells me to right...
  4. CD/DVD drive no longer works

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    CD/DVD drive no longer works: I upgraded my Acer Aspire 7551-7422 to Windows 10 and the CD/DVD Super Multi DL Driver no longer works and Acer will not support windows 10. So, is there a CD/DVD driver available to download compatible with my Laptop?...
  5. CD / DVD drive is not working properly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    CD / DVD drive is not working properly: My CD-ROM/ DVD hardware drive is opening automatically when PC is power on. Please help me to stop it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cd-dvd-drive-is-not-working-properly/f8ff3be7-0e8e-4926-8fd7-fac065e0764b
  6. DVD/CD-ROM drives not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DVD/CD-ROM drives not working: Will not play CD. I've tried Update driver, Uninstall driver, Disable driver, scan for a hardware change, restarted computer. Checked for Updates. DVD/CD-ROM drives show an error. does this relate to any past Windows updates?...
  7. CD drive is not working properly

CD drive is not working properly: I am trying to load a shop manual. I load the disk into the drive it reads part of the disk, askes a question, I answer, the drive starts working then hangs. I have to go to task manager to close the window. The cd is good, works on a windows 7 machine. The drive is good it...
  8. cd/dvd drive

cd/dvd drive: I have a new/used laptop and can't see the files from my cd/dvd drive. Device manager says drive is working properly, but it's not. Can someone help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cddvd-drive/4a1c6a9a-0e94-4804-9a7f-b7f99b2d551a
  9. D drive for cd/dvd not working

D drive for cd/dvd not working: Windows 10. Says all updates are good but read it could be an update causing optic not to read a cd/dvd. It said I need the Anniversary update but it says I have all my updates...
  10. External CD/DVD drive is not working.

External CD/DVD drive is not working.: Hi, my external drive isn't working. I am trying to import a CD onto my laptop so that I can add it to my iPod via iTunes. I have read the answer to a very similar question where they went onto device manager, so I did. It said "Windows cannot load the device driver for this...