Windows 10: CD/DVD Drive

Discus and support CD/DVD Drive in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am having problems with the CD/DVD Drive on my 5yr old (I think) Sony Vaio Laptop. When I put in a CD or DVD it will spin 3-4 times but will not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Ellie8496, Sep 6, 2018.

1. Ellie8496 Win User

CD/DVD Drive

I am having problems with the CD/DVD Drive on my 5yr old (I think) Sony Vaio Laptop. When I put in a CD or DVD it will spin 3-4 times but will not load. I am using Windows 10 however I think it was working for a while after I got Windows 10.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the drive but no change.

Can anyone help?

:)

Ellie8496, Sep 6, 2018
  2. Joosujin Win User

CD/DVD drive is not correctly displayed

All the resolutions listed under Method 1 apply to the cases when CD/DVD drive is not recognized by Windows or other programs. Fortunately, my drive is recognized by Windows and other programs. I tried all the step-by-step resolutions listed, but did not
    work. For some reason, my CD/DVD drive icon is not the right icon for the drive, and is for compact flash. Any idea?

I also reset my BIOS settings back to factory reset, but it did not help.

Joosujin, Sep 6, 2018
  3. CD/DVD Drive not recongnizing

Original title: Franks

Hi Franks,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I would suggest you to install the latest drivers for CD/DVD drive from the manufacturer’s website or can update the drivers by following the steps provided below:

• Press “Windows key + R” and type “devmgmt.msc”.
    • Right click on DVD/CD Roms from the list and select
      properties.
    • Under Driver tab click on Update button and follow the prompts to update the driver.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Sep 6, 2018
  4. CD/DVD Drive

CD/DVD drive (ECD/DVD Drive :) will not open, it is detected

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I suggest you to update the drivers for CD/DVD drive by following the steps below and check if the issue persists.

• Press Windows key + R and select Device Manager from the list.
    • Expand DVD/CD-ROM drives.
    • Right click on the driver and select update driver software.
    • Follow the on-screen prompts and to update the driver.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Sep 6, 2018
Thema:

CD/DVD Drive

1. CD/DVD Drive - Similar Threads - DVD Drive

2. DVD Drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DVD Drive: My DVD/CD drive will not open Any suggestions please. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dvd-drive/ac474a07-217f-4a0c-8b13-0aa2232c598e
  3. Lost DVD Drive

Lost DVD Drive: Running Windows 10 and each time I get an upgrade my DVD drive is no longer recognised This hss happened about 4 times now - Is there a perminate fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-dvd-drive/b56502c9-3d9e-4607-b886-0fc66a7d7121
  4. DVD drive not working correctly in newly installed Windows 10 Home edition

DVD drive not working correctly in newly installed Windows 10 Home edition: Did a successful full install of windows 10 Home using a bootable disk to an Acer Aspire 6930 Laptop. The OS loaded correctly. Device Manager shows all drivers loaded correctly except for Nuvoton CIR Transceiver and that is not being used. The problem is that the when a...
  5. Uninitiated CD/DVD Drive activity

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Uninitiated CD/DVD Drive activity: On an unattended, active Desktop (connected to internet), a CD I keep in a DVD/CD drive to perform data file backups for a personal financial application (Quicken) begins to furiously process against the drive. It is a RW drive, but the CD is periodically written to only by...
  6. dvd/cd drive

dvd/cd drive: I recently change from a tower and separate screen I was on windows 7 this laptop which is ACER Aspire E15 was when new windows was Windows 8 and was updated just before 10 was launched when it, a free update this laptop as a built in DVD/CD drive but it won't even open...
  7. dvd/cd rom drive

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    dvd/cd rom drive: I cannot get my dvd/cd rom drive to work. I have a HP Pavilion 23-q014ld all in one computer. It says all of my drivers are up to date. I tried the pin hole to manually open the door and that doesn't work. I tried all of the steps of deleting and reloading the driver and...
  8. Why aren't my DVD drives in the File Explorer's Navigation Pane?

Why aren't my DVD drives in the File Explorer's Navigation Pane?: They do indeed work, but they're not in the nav pane: [ATTACH] If they are in Device Manager, though they have the same letter as my media card reader for some reason (I want to know how to change that to): [ATTACH]...
  9. CD/DVD drive cannot read/write DVDs - CDs OK

CD/DVD drive cannot read/write DVDs - CDs OK: I am running AMD Athlon 64x2 Dual Core Processor 4000+ 2.1Ghz with NVidia GeForce GT730 graphic card and my CD/DVD drive cannot read/write DVDs. When a DVD is inserted the drive runs for a minute or more and then I get an error message either "insert the disc and try again"...
  10. Windows 10, inspiron 15, 5000 series laptop's internal DVD drive?

Windows 10, inspiron 15, 5000 series laptop's internal DVD drive?: How do I get the DVD drive to recognize DVD and CD media disks? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-inspiron-15-5000-series-laptops/7d946f9d-0a80-406a-82a8-c5ce9e37ae36