Windows 10: CD/DVD Drive

Discus and support CD/DVD Drive in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am having problems with the CD/DVD Drive on my 5yr old (I think) Sony Vaio Laptop. When I put in a CD or DVD it will spin 3-4 times but will not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Ellie8496, Sep 6, 2018.

1. Ellie8496 Win User

CD/DVD Drive

I am having problems with the CD/DVD Drive on my 5yr old (I think) Sony Vaio Laptop. When I put in a CD or DVD it will spin 3-4 times but will not load. I am using Windows 10 however I think it was working for a while after I got Windows 10.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the drive but no change.

Can anyone help?

:)

Ellie8496, Sep 6, 2018
  2. Joosujin Win User

CD/DVD drive is not correctly displayed

All the resolutions listed under Method 1 apply to the cases when CD/DVD drive is not recognized by Windows or other programs. Fortunately, my drive is recognized by Windows and other programs. I tried all the step-by-step resolutions listed, but did not
    work. For some reason, my CD/DVD drive icon is not the right icon for the drive, and is for compact flash. Any idea?

I also reset my BIOS settings back to factory reset, but it did not help.

Joosujin, Sep 6, 2018
  3. CD/DVD Drive not recongnizing

Original title: Franks

Hi Franks,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I would suggest you to install the latest drivers for CD/DVD drive from the manufacturer’s website or can update the drivers by following the steps provided below:

• Press “Windows key + R” and type “devmgmt.msc”.
    • Right click on DVD/CD Roms from the list and select
      properties.
    • Under Driver tab click on Update button and follow the prompts to update the driver.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Sep 6, 2018
  4. CD/DVD Drive

CD/DVD drive (ECD/DVD Drive :) will not open, it is detected

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I suggest you to update the drivers for CD/DVD drive by following the steps below and check if the issue persists.

• Press Windows key + R and select Device Manager from the list.
    • Expand DVD/CD-ROM drives.
    • Right click on the driver and select update driver software.
    • Follow the on-screen prompts and to update the driver.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Sep 6, 2018
Thema:

CD/DVD Drive

1. CD/DVD Drive - Similar Threads - DVD Drive

2. CD/DVD Drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    CD/DVD Drive: Cannot get cd/dvd disc drive to be recognised https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cddvd-drive/2738a7b0-563c-46a3-9a31-8aa6ce8c8e7d
  3. External CD/DVD drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    External CD/DVD drive: My laptop doesn't have an internal dvd drive and i want to install windows 10 home from a DVD with a external dvd room... Usb 3.0 In boot menu it doesnt have power... When i start the laptop the dvd drive work and the led start blinking but when ASUS logo showed, the dvd...
  4. Windows can't see the DVD drive after the computer went unused for a few months.

Windows can't see the DVD drive after the computer went unused for a few months.: Split from this thread. I see many questions but have seen no suggestions. Here is my situation. I had an activated copy of windows 7. I upgraded this to windows 10 when that was first an option. I have run windows update many times over the last few years. I know that...
  5. Nero problems caused my DVD-RW drive not burning CDs, "could not perform start of disc-at-once"

Nero problems caused my DVD-RW drive not burning CDs, "could not perform start of disc-at-once": Hello all, I recently updated Nero 18 to an automatic update and now I can't burn CDs, I get the error "could not perform start of disc-at-once" and the CD is untouched. I don't know what the problem is. I have two computers, and the other computer had the same problem. I...
  6. DVD drive stopped working after a Windows 10 update

DVD drive stopped working after a Windows 10 update: About a week ago, the DVD player on my Windows 10 computer does not work. Will a future update correct the problem? I think it caused the problem....
  7. Misbehaving DVD drive

Misbehaving DVD drive: 20H2 This thread spins off from Office 20007 Home and Student lost; substitutes clunky, so... Following on, I tried to make a copy of Office on a DVD to replace missing one just in case I need it agian, Once more a virtual DVD drive was created on my computer. As told in...
  8. Windows 10 v2004 Build 19041.867 removes dvd drive

Windows 10 v2004 Build 19041.867 removes dvd drive: Since upgrading to v2004 Windows has been removing my ASUS DRW-24D5MT dvd rw drive. Show Hidden Devices in Device Manager lets me retrieve the properties which states "Currently, this hardware device is not connected to the computer. Code 45". Following the advice from...
  9. Misbehaving DVD drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Misbehaving DVD drive: 20H2 This thread spins off from Office 20007 Home and Student lost; substitutes clunky, so... Following on, I tried to make a copy of Office on a DVD to replace missing one just in case I need it agian, Once more a virtual DVD drive was created on my computer. As told in...
  10. Reset BIOS so that it first checks CD/DVD drives, & then boots normal

Reset BIOS so that it first checks CD/DVD drives, & then boots normal: All of a sudden my BIOS was not checking CD/DVD drives first, so that I couldn't put in a rescue disc. I tried to change this & ended up where I couldn't boot normally. I got a message to "press any key to boot from floppy". I have 2 CD/DVD drives & now I can't even see the...