Windows 10: CD/DVD Drive

Discus and support CD/DVD Drive in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am having problems with the CD/DVD Drive on my 5yr old (I think) Sony Vaio Laptop. When I put in a CD or DVD it will spin 3-4 times but will not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Ellie8496, Sep 6, 2018.

1. Ellie8496 Win User

CD/DVD Drive

I am having problems with the CD/DVD Drive on my 5yr old (I think) Sony Vaio Laptop. When I put in a CD or DVD it will spin 3-4 times but will not load. I am using Windows 10 however I think it was working for a while after I got Windows 10.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the drive but no change.

Can anyone help?

:)

Ellie8496, Sep 6, 2018
  2. Joosujin Win User

CD/DVD drive is not correctly displayed

All the resolutions listed under Method 1 apply to the cases when CD/DVD drive is not recognized by Windows or other programs. Fortunately, my drive is recognized by Windows and other programs. I tried all the step-by-step resolutions listed, but did not
    work. For some reason, my CD/DVD drive icon is not the right icon for the drive, and is for compact flash. Any idea?

I also reset my BIOS settings back to factory reset, but it did not help.

Joosujin, Sep 6, 2018
  3. Eeshwar Kumar Win User
    CD/DVD Drive not recongnizing

Original title: Franks

Hi Franks,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I would suggest you to install the latest drivers for CD/DVD drive from the manufacturer’s website or can update the drivers by following the steps provided below:

• Press “Windows key + R” and type “devmgmt.msc”.
    • Right click on DVD/CD Roms from the list and select
      properties.
    • Under Driver tab click on Update button and follow the prompts to update the driver.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Sep 6, 2018
  4. Eeshwar Kumar Win User

CD/DVD Drive

CD/DVD drive (ECD/DVD Drive :) will not open, it is detected

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I suggest you to update the drivers for CD/DVD drive by following the steps below and check if the issue persists.

• Press Windows key + R and select Device Manager from the list.
    • Expand DVD/CD-ROM drives.
    • Right click on the driver and select update driver software.
    • Follow the on-screen prompts and to update the driver.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Sep 6, 2018
Thema:

CD/DVD Drive

1. CD/DVD Drive - Similar Threads - DVD Drive

2. DVD drive not showing up/DVD not being read

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DVD drive not showing up/DVD not being read: My DVD drive was working fine yesterday it went into hibernate mode and upon logging back in the drive no longer showed in my drive list nor is it recognizing the DVD (I've tried multiple). I had several updates that I had been putting off so I allowed those but it did not...
  3. I cannot play DVD disk from the external drive

I cannot play DVD disk from the external drive: I have HP Envy laptop running Windows 10 and an external Dell DVD player. But I cannot connect them. Who can help? Thanks... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cannot-play-dvd-disk-from-the-external-drive/cc17f71c-ee62-48cc-b11f-4cfff2b2aec1
  4. My CD/DVD drive is no longer working, help!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My CD/DVD drive is no longer working, help!: The CD/DVD drive is recognized, but won't read the data. The cd/dvd gets ejected when I try to 'open' the data, music, or games, (see attached screenshots). The cd/dvd drive use to work, until the Windows 10 update, v1803, in may this year. Just trying to open content from...
  5. no dvd/cd drive after changing to windows 1o

no dvd/cd drive after changing to windows 1o: since changing to windows10 the dvd/cd drive on my asus X52F 5i has stopped working. is windows 10 compatible ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-dvdcd-drive-after-changing-to-windows-1o/6b7b8a3c-5fa3-478a-a3de-34c522ee2914
  6. My DVD drive is not working in Windows 10 (1803) on my Sony Vaio

My DVD drive is not working in Windows 10 (1803) on my Sony Vaio: My DVD drive (Optiarc DVD RW AD-7740H) is not working in Windows 10 (1803) on my Sony Vaio. It worked on earlier versions but not lately. CDs still work....
  7. Cannot burn MP4 Video file to DVD drive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cannot burn MP4 Video file to DVD drive: Not sure if this is the right Topic. Win 10 Pro Version 1809 Build 17763.55. DVD RW drive is Matshita DVD + RW UJ8E2 Dell Latitude E 6540 Laptop Created an MP4 File using Win Movie Maker and now trying to burn it to DVD RW drive. Right click file and choose send to the...
  8. Windows Media Player and DVD drive

Windows Media Player and DVD drive: Hi, I have a problem burning CD's in Windows Media Player, MP3 files. Not only is this an issue, but my BRAND NEW laptop refuses to read a blank disk. I have to open the device manager and open the DVD/CD rom drives to enable the DVD rom to read a disk.... Kind Regards...
  9. dvd drive stopped working after windows 10 upgrade

dvd drive stopped working after windows 10 upgrade: dvd drive stopped working after windows 10 upgrade I have found a fix finally after pulling all my hair out lol woooo. I tried every thing uninstalled drivers after drivers and messed with reg folder and got no where. will be back when I find the sight I was on and let you...
  10. CD or DVD drive is not recognized by Windows

CD or DVD drive is not recognized by Windows: I have a Toshiba Satellite L755 Laptop, and when I bought it from my friend, it was still Windows 7 and the DVD/CD drive worked fine, but after I upgraded to Windows 10, when I put in any disc, it doesn't read. I've contacted support multiple times, they tried to help but...