Windows 10: cd/dvd drive

Discus and support cd/dvd drive in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a new/used laptop and can't see the files from my cd/dvd drive. Device manager says drive is working properly, but it's not. Can someone help... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by BarbaraYarn, Oct 4, 2019.

1. cd/dvd drive

I have a new/used laptop and can't see the files from my cd/dvd drive. Device manager says drive is working properly, but it's not. Can someone help me?

:)

BarbaraYarn, Oct 4, 2019
  2. Joosujin Win User

CD/DVD drive is not correctly displayed

All the resolutions listed under Method 1 apply to the cases when CD/DVD drive is not recognized by Windows or other programs. Fortunately, my drive is recognized by Windows and other programs. I tried all the step-by-step resolutions listed, but did not
    work. For some reason, my CD/DVD drive icon is not the right icon for the drive, and is for compact flash. Any idea?

I also reset my BIOS settings back to factory reset, but it did not help.

Joosujin, Oct 4, 2019
  3. CD/DVD Drive not recongnizing

Original title: Franks

Hi Franks,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I would suggest you to install the latest drivers for CD/DVD drive from the manufacturer’s website or can update the drivers by following the steps provided below:

• Press “Windows key + R” and type “devmgmt.msc”.
    • Right click on DVD/CD Roms from the list and select
      properties.
    • Under Driver tab click on Update button and follow the prompts to update the driver.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Oct 4, 2019
  4. cd/dvd drive

CD/DVD drive (Ecd/dvd drive :) will not open, it is detected

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I suggest you to update the drivers for CD/DVD drive by following the steps below and check if the issue persists.

• Press Windows key + R and select Device Manager from the list.
    • Expand DVD/CD-ROM drives.
    • Right click on the driver and select update driver software.
    • Follow the on-screen prompts and to update the driver.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Oct 4, 2019
Thema:

cd/dvd drive

1. cd/dvd drive - Similar Threads - dvd drive

2. How to prevent DVD-drive (with DVD inside) to run everytime I open File Explorer?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to prevent DVD-drive (with DVD inside) to run everytime I open File Explorer?: Hello I'm using Windows 10 and my DVD-drive is functioning perfectly, but when I leave a DVD within (obligatory to launch my game) my DVD-drive runs when I launch File Explorer (and reruns when I close and reopen File Explorer or when the hard disk was sleeping). As I...
  3. dvd drive window 10

dvd drive window 10: My dvd drive does not open when I press the button on the tray......it use to work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dvd-drive-window-10/4ca5170b-89a4-43e7-a342-e941ea60ec53
  4. Windows 10 COPY CD/DVD single drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 COPY CD/DVD single drive: I feel like a dinosuar. I'm new to Windows 10. I was able to burn a CD/DVD using native Win 10 (and make additional copies when doing so), but I'm getting frustrated trying to figure out how to COPY a CD/DVD. How do I COPY disks using (native) Win 10? If that's even an...
  5. Autoplay notification does not work with DVD drive

Autoplay notification does not work with DVD drive: Autoplay does not work when a disk is inserted in the optical drive. Drive operates but the popup window associated with autoplay does not work. I have to open file explorer and point to the drive with my mouse to get the autoplay notification to work. Does anyone know how to...
  6. How do I get USB 3.0 DVD drive to show up in boot menu?

How do I get USB 3.0 DVD drive to show up in boot menu?: How do I get USB 3.0 DVD drive to show up in boot menu of refurbished OptiPlex 990 with bios A24? Once Windows 1909 is started, the DVD drive works, except I can't boot from it. Many thanks in advance, Steve 143575
  7. optical drive won't play dvd....

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    optical drive won't play dvd....: my laptop, widows 10, will not play my new dvd's. I'm very disappointed-need help.... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/optical-drive-wont-play-dvd/b385b903-15dd-4832-b87a-408700b1f2ed"
  8. Matashita DVD-ROM UJ8E0B drive - windows 10

Matashita DVD-ROM UJ8E0B drive - windows 10: Running Dell OptiPlex 9020 with windows 10, Matashita drive recognises and plays CD's but will not burn CD from Windows media player or I Tunes. Previously the drive would play and burn CDs. I have uninstalled the drives and re-installed them with no success. Any ideas would...
  9. Windows 10, DVD/CD Rom Drive keeps ejecting CDs

Windows 10, DVD/CD Rom Drive keeps ejecting CDs: Please suggest fix https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-dvdcd-rom-drive-keeps-ejecting-cds/54593da0-399f-4ce1-966c-4071ddaa2959
  10. Unable to find the DVD drive on PC after Windows updates

Unable to find the DVD drive on PC after Windows updates: I've been losing my Slimline DVD drive after Windows update previously I went back to my last good restore point and it works until Windows updates again Looks like I have version 1803 now and it says I'm nearing the date where my version won't be supported any longer Well...