Windows 10: cd/dvd drive

Discus and support cd/dvd drive in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; although previously working ok, my HP pavilion will not run cd/dvd, I think since Windows 10 updates.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by nikrud1, Jan 15, 2020.

1. nikrud1 Win User

cd/dvd drive

although previously working ok, my HP pavilion will not run cd/dvd, I think since Windows 10 updates.

:)

nikrud1, Jan 15, 2020
  2. Joosujin Win User

CD/DVD drive is not correctly displayed

All the resolutions listed under Method 1 apply to the cases when CD/DVD drive is not recognized by Windows or other programs. Fortunately, my drive is recognized by Windows and other programs. I tried all the step-by-step resolutions listed, but did not
    work. For some reason, my CD/DVD drive icon is not the right icon for the drive, and is for compact flash. Any idea?

I also reset my BIOS settings back to factory reset, but it did not help.

Joosujin, Jan 15, 2020
  3. CD/DVD Drive not recongnizing

Original title: Franks

Hi Franks,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I would suggest you to install the latest drivers for CD/DVD drive from the manufacturer’s website or can update the drivers by following the steps provided below:

• Press “Windows key + R” and type “devmgmt.msc”.
    • Right click on DVD/CD Roms from the list and select
      properties.
    • Under Driver tab click on Update button and follow the prompts to update the driver.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jan 15, 2020
  4. cd/dvd drive

CD/DVD drive (Ecd/dvd drive :) will not open, it is detected

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I suggest you to update the drivers for CD/DVD drive by following the steps below and check if the issue persists.

• Press Windows key + R and select Device Manager from the list.
    • Expand DVD/CD-ROM drives.
    • Right click on the driver and select update driver software.
    • Follow the on-screen prompts and to update the driver.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jan 15, 2020
Thema:

cd/dvd drive

1. cd/dvd drive - Similar Threads - dvd drive

2. Exernal DVD Drive Not recognized anymore

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Exernal DVD Drive Not recognized anymore: I plugged an external USB DVD drive into my Windows 11 Pro computer. The drive worked fine - however the mouse became very erratic while the external DVD drive was plugged in - making the entire computer very difficult to operate typical Windows behavior. So, I yanked the USB...
  3. Exernal DVD Drive Not recognized anymore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Exernal DVD Drive Not recognized anymore: I plugged an external USB DVD drive into my Windows 11 Pro computer. The drive worked fine - however the mouse became very erratic while the external DVD drive was plugged in - making the entire computer very difficult to operate typical Windows behavior. So, I yanked the USB...
  4. What is a good DVD/CD RW internal drive to buy now for Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is a good DVD/CD RW internal drive to buy now for Windows 11?: I upgraded to Windows 11 last year and my old internal drive no longer works. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-a-good-dvdcd-rw-internal-drive-to-buy-now/3cd93e1c-0f0f-4980-a9bb-b0799c06f319
  5. What is a good DVD/CD RW internal drive to buy now for Windows 11?

What is a good DVD/CD RW internal drive to buy now for Windows 11?: I upgraded to Windows 11 last year and my old internal drive no longer works. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-a-good-dvdcd-rw-internal-drive-to-buy-now/3cd93e1c-0f0f-4980-a9bb-b0799c06f319
  6. which software is best to play DVD on external drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    which software is best to play DVD on external drive?: Using a Lenovo i5 laptop, which is a little over one year old, running windows 11 Home. The external DVD drive is from Lenovo but it seems to want me to buy software in order to play the disc. Lenovo wants $69 to make it play, good for 30 days only. Which software would you...
  7. which software is best to play DVD on external drive?

which software is best to play DVD on external drive?: Using a Lenovo i5 laptop, which is a little over one year old, running windows 11 Home. The external DVD drive is from Lenovo but it seems to want me to buy software in order to play the disc. Lenovo wants $69 to make it play, good for 30 days only. Which software would you...
  8. LG external USB connection dvd blu-ray drive no longer recognized, detected, etc. when I...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    LG external USB connection dvd blu-ray drive no longer recognized, detected, etc. when I...: This is going to be a lot of info but if you think you can help please take the time to read it or at least skim through it.I bought the LG BP60NB10 Slim Portable Blu-ray / DVD Writer about 6 months ago and used it a few times to get data off of some old dvds. I put it back...
  9. LG external USB connection dvd blu-ray drive no longer recognized, detected, etc. when I...

LG external USB connection dvd blu-ray drive no longer recognized, detected, etc. when I...: This is going to be a lot of info but if you think you can help please take the time to read it or at least skim through it.I bought the LG BP60NB10 Slim Portable Blu-ray / DVD Writer about 6 months ago and used it a few times to get data off of some old dvds. I put it back...
  10. LG external USB connection dvd blu-ray drive no longer recognized, detected, etc. when I...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware