Windows 10: cd/dvd driver

Discus and support cd/dvd driver in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have been trying to get my cd/dvd driver to work ever since a Windows update messed it all up. I don't know why Windows feels the need to remove... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by phyrnliebsch, Feb 23, 2020.

1. cd/dvd driver

I have been trying to get my cd/dvd driver to work ever since a Windows update messed it all up. I don't know why Windows feels the need to remove software from peoples computers just because they think cd/dvds are becoming obsolete. that is really not the case, its only an assumption by Microsoft. I need my drive for creating dvds for special occasions and gifts. been doing this for years and now I cannot even access my cd/dvd drive. its been one issue after another. Don't tell m e to uninstall because I have already tried all that. and none of it worked. I'm getting really pissed now because I've tried all the suggestions and I get nothing. I cant even find out how to install the software for my device. And because Microsoft caused this issue, I should not have to pay from my pocket to fix this issue. I need this driver back onto my computer. If I put a cd or dvd in the drive, it wont even open. I cant find it in my file explorer and cant even open it from there. All the so called help out there for this is bogus and does not help me.

Please provide me with some help that will actually work.

Thank you

Phyrn Liebsch

:)

phyrnliebsch, Feb 23, 2020

2. CD/DVD Drive not recongnizing

Original title: Franks

Hi Franks,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I would suggest you to install the latest drivers for CD/DVD drive from the manufacturer’s website or can update the drivers by following the steps provided below:

• Press “Windows key + R” and type “devmgmt.msc”.
    • Right click on DVD/CD Roms from the list and select
      properties.
    • Under Driver tab click on Update button and follow the prompts to update the driver.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Feb 23, 2020
  3. Juzar_Ali Win User
    CD/DVD not loading any of my pc games

Hi,  

This issue might occur due some problem with display drivers.

I suggest you to update DVD / CD drivers and check if it helps.

Please follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Device Manager

• Expand DVD/CD ROM.

• Right click on the video driver and select
      Update Driver Software
    Please get back to us if you need any further assistance.

Thank you.

Juzar_Ali, Feb 23, 2020
  4. cd/dvd driver

DVD CD Player

Hi Don,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community. I understand your concern and I am glad to assist you.

I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: Follow these steps to run the windows in built troubleshooter:

• 1. Write Troubleshooting in the search box and hit enter.

2. Click on Troubleshooting tab.

3. Click on view all option on the upper left corner.

4. Select the Hardware and Device options from the list.

5. Click Next to run the Hardware and Device Troubleshooter.
    Method 2: I suggest you to update the DVD/CD-ROM drivers on your computer and check if it helps. Refer the below steps to update the driver.

• 1. Press “Windows + X” and select Device manager.

2. Select DVD/CD-ROM and expand the driver icon.

3. Right click on the driver icon and click on Update.

4. Follow the onscreen instructions to update the driver.

5. Restart the computer and check if the issue is resolved.
    Hope it helps. Get back to us for further queries. We are happy to help!

Joy Kemprai, Feb 23, 2020
Thema:

cd/dvd driver

1. cd/dvd driver - Similar Threads - dvd driver

2. CD-Rom / DVD Driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CD-Rom / DVD Driver: Hey! So the last time my cdrom / dvd driver was updated was 06/21/2006. I have upgraded from windows 7 on a lenovo AIO ThinkCentre so updating it through lenovo's site is worthless, since they don't update from 7 to 10. How do I update it? Device manager is basically...
  3. CD-Rom / DVD Driver

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CD-Rom / DVD Driver: Hey! So the last time my cdrom / dvd driver was updated was 06/21/2006. I have upgraded from windows 7 on a lenovo AIO ThinkCentre so updating it through lenovo's site is worthless, since they don't update from 7 to 10. How do I update it? Device manager is basically...
  4. CD-Rom / DVD Driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. DVD driver missing.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DVD driver missing.: Yes, I know, it's a little too late for DVD drivers, but I still wanna use them regardless. I bought a DVD driver a few days ago but I cannot seem to connect it as my Windows 10 doesn't recognize it. When going to Device Manager even if I click to show all hidden devices its...
  6. DVD driver missing.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DVD driver missing.: Yes, I know, it's a little too late for DVD drivers, but I still wanna use them regardless. I bought a DVD driver a few days ago but I cannot seem to connect it as my Windows 10 doesn't recognize it. When going to Device Manager even if I click to show all hidden devices its...
  7. DVD driver missing.

8. My ECHOHERO has a corrupted and/or DVD driver. How do I fix this? I can't even locate it...

My ECHOHERO has a corrupted and/or DVD driver. How do I fix this? I can't even locate it...: Have an ECHOHERO. The DVD driver is corrupted and/or uninstalled after updating. How can this be fixed? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-echohero-has-a-corrupted-andor-dvd-driver-how/a784a718-8422-4b00-a65c-04ad1f9a9750
  9. My ECHOHERO has a corrupted and/or DVD driver. How do I fix this? I can't even locate it...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My ECHOHERO has a corrupted and/or DVD driver. How do I fix this? I can't even locate it...: Have an ECHOHERO. The DVD driver is corrupted and/or uninstalled after updating. How can this be fixed? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-echohero-has-a-corrupted-andor-dvd-driver-how/a784a718-8422-4b00-a65c-04ad1f9a9750
  10. driver for dvd drive HL-DT-ST DVDRWBD CA40N

in Windows 10 Gaming
    driver for dvd drive HL-DT-ST DVDRWBD CA40N: after windows 10 Pro update, my DVD drive only ejects, wont play.driver for dvd drive HL-DT-ST DVDRWBD CA40N https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/driver-for-dvd-drive-hl-dt-st-dvdrwbd-ca40n/8148ad13-dfb0-460c-b870-5e2a3df7d0fd