Windows 10: CD/DVD external drive

Discus and support CD/DVD external drive in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; When trying to eject a disc from a external driver. I get the following error message: An errer occurred while ejecting yje cd. What does this mean and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by johnmacco1, Jul 26, 2020.

1. CD/DVD external drive

When trying to eject a disc from a external driver. I get the following error message: An errer occurred while ejecting yje cd. What does this mean and how do i fix this problem?

:)

johnmacco1, Jul 26, 2020

2. External CD/DVD Drive

Hello everyone,

I'm new on the forum, and I have a quick question.
    I have a Toshiba Satellite X200 laptop, it has been dropped and the cd/dvd drive will not read anything, it just sounds like it is loading, and blinks yellow.
    I'm going to get an external cd/dvd drive for now until the laptop is taken in (if warranty isn't over).
    Is there any specific external cd/dvd drives you guys know are compatible with the Satellite X200? Or will I not have a problem with compatibility.

Appreciate it,
    Jeremy.

Desperado1, Jul 26, 2020
  3. CD/DVD Internal and External Drives

My internal CD/DVD drive was working and now has stopped. I have also added two external CD/DVD drives. One drive is a Blu-ray and the other is a standard CD/DVD drive burner/writer etc. I have made sure Windows 10 is updated, I have also tried just update
    the drivers and lastly, I have deleted the drives and restarted my system but nothing seems to work. Any suggestions.

terrydavidlywood, Jul 26, 2020
  4. CD/DVD external drive

Windows 10 and External DVD drive

Hi,

Thank you for keeping us posted.

I would suggest you to open the device manager and check if the drive shows up in device manager.

Follow the steps given below:

1. Press Windows key + R to open the run command.

2. Type devmgmt.msc and press enter to open device manager.

3. Expand DVD/CD-Rom drives and check if the external DVD drive is listed.

4. If so, right click on it and uninstall it.

5. Restart the computer.

Let us know the result.

Wungraileng Vashi, Jul 26, 2020
Thema:

CD/DVD external drive

1. CD/DVD external drive - Similar Threads - DVD external drive

2. External CD/DVD Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External CD/DVD Drive: Hi Microsoft : I recently purchased an external cd/dvd drive. The problem is with re-writeable CDs. FORMATTING and re-writing. The unit works with re-writeable DVDs FORMATTING and re-writing. When I checked in DEVICE MANAGER, it lists the drive with the HP brand. Listing it...
  3. External CD/DVD Drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    External CD/DVD Drive: Hi Microsoft : I recently purchased an external cd/dvd drive. The problem is with re-writeable CDs. FORMATTING and re-writing. The unit works with re-writeable DVDs FORMATTING and re-writing. When I checked in DEVICE MANAGER, it lists the drive with the HP brand. Listing it...
  4. External CD/DVD Drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. External CD/DVD drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    External CD/DVD drive: My laptop doesn't have an internal dvd drive and i want to install windows 10 home from a DVD with a external dvd room... Usb 3.0 In boot menu it doesnt have power... When i start the laptop the dvd drive work and the led start blinking but when ASUS logo showed, the dvd...
  6. External CD/DVD Drive Problem

External CD/DVD Drive Problem: Hi, I've just bought a Rioddas external cd/dvd drive - there were lots of reviews online assuring me that this product was compatible with Windows 10. I connect the drive to my laptop Acer Aspire via the USB3.0 slot. It shows up in my computer under 'devices and...
  7. CD/DVD Internal and External Drives

CD/DVD Internal and External Drives: My internal CD/DVD drive was working and now has stopped. I have also added two external CD/DVD drives. One drive is a Blu-ray and the other is a standard CD/DVD drive burner/writer etc. I have made sure Windows 10 is updated, I have also tried just update the drivers and...
  8. External CD/DVD drive is not working.

External CD/DVD drive is not working.: Hi, my external drive isn't working. I am trying to import a CD onto my laptop so that I can add it to my iPod via iTunes. I have read the answer to a very similar question where they went onto device manager, so I did. It said "Windows cannot load the device driver for this...
  9. External CD/DVD drives

External CD/DVD drives: After the last Windows update my Computer does not see the external drive. When I connect an external drive the is an indication by the computer that a device has been inserted, but when I go to This Computer it does not show a CD or DVD external drive. Worked well befor...
  10. External cd/dvd Drive

External cd/dvd Drive: 2.0 usb external hard drive not working with my 3.0 port laptop. My laptop is a new HP i7, 8gb, 1 tb. The laptop has a 3.0 port and the external drive is a 2.0 Verbatim slimline cd/dvd writer. Using the installation cd, components of the external drive were installed on my...