Windows 10: CD DVD has disappeared from after Windows 10 upgrade

Discus and support CD DVD has disappeared from after Windows 10 upgrade in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; After upgrading to Windows 10/64 on a Lenovo Z40-75, the cd/dvd icon has disappeared from my Computer and Device Manager When I insert a cd the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AL-AL1, Nov 5, 2019.

1. AL-AL1 Win User

CD DVD has disappeared from after Windows 10 upgrade

After upgrading to Windows 10/64 on a Lenovo Z40-75, the cd/dvd icon has disappeared from my Computer and Device Manager

When I insert a cd the operating light works, but nothing more happens.

I attentively followed the fixes to the Registry as posted in the community, but unfortunately, nothing has worked.

Short of completely overwriting the registry which I fear might lead me to reinstall everything, which I do not wish to do.

Any suggestion? Much appreciated

:)

AL-AL1, Nov 5, 2019
  2. RLRehm Win User

Windows 7 Professional keeps dropping the DVD/CD drive

Working with a fresh install (2nd attempt) of Windows 7 Professional on new hardware. The motherboard is a Gigabyte EP45-UD3P. Running 4G of RAM and an Intel Q9400 Quad Core CPU. The DVD/CD optical drive is a Pioneer DVR-218L.

Here's the problem - after two fresh installs, Windows 7 drops the DVD/CD drive and I get the following error in Device Manager (The device cannot start {code 10}). After the install, the drive works for a period of time, then stops working and I get the error code.

The driver appears to be a standard Windows driver (CD-ROM driver).

I've tried uninstalling the drive and re-installing it in Device Manager but it does not work - I continue to get the device error.

I've also swapped out the DVD/CD drive to insure it's not a bad unit. Same problem with both drives.

What do you suggest for next steps?? Could it be an issue with the motherboard?? A driver problem?

I visited the Pioneer web site - could not find any help or additional Windows 7 drivers.

What now??

RLRehm, Nov 5, 2019
  3. dvd and cd driver disappeared in Windows 10

Original Title:

Windows 10

dvd and cd driver disappeared in Windows 10

JamesWachtel, Nov 5, 2019
  4. MrMenty Win User

CD/DVD drive disappeared after upgrade to Windows 10

I recently tried to play a CD and saw that my CD/DVD drive has disappeared and it looks like it coincided with the upgrade to Windows 10. I previously had this problem and solved it by deleting the upper filters in the registry but this does not work now.

I've checked the forums and the drive does not show in the hidden devices area of the device manager, nor do any ATA 0 or ATA 1 options exist for me to uninstall as has also been suggested. In fact none of the options that appear to have worked for other
    people are available to me. I have an Acer Aspire PC - can anyone help?

MrMenty, Nov 5, 2019
Thema:

1. CD DVD has disappeared from after Windows 10 upgrade - Similar Threads - DVD has disappeared

2. DVD/CD-ROM drive letter has disappeared from the left panel of Windows Explorer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    DVD/CD-ROM drive letter has disappeared from the left panel of Windows Explorer: Hi everyone, I've been through very painful process of re-formating my microSD-card by using Windows standard tools, such as diskmgmt.msc and DISKPART utilities. Unfortunately, re-formating has failed a few times in a row because the card is protected or damaged or whatever...
  3. CD / DVD Player not working after windows 10 upgrade

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    CD / DVD Player not working after windows 10 upgrade: Hello. My CD player was not showing up after upgrade. Now it is after following some tips on the internet. When I first got it to show up, I managed to download a CD to iTunes. Now it won't work. Not sure what to do now....
  4. windows 10 has no cd/dvd file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    windows 10 has no cd/dvd file: windows 10 has no cd/dvd file under disk drives https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-has-no-cddvd-file/a9f56fb4-37b9-48e9-ac20-ca92dffa980e
  5. dvd,cd won' read or write after upgrading 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    dvd,cd won' read or write after upgrading 10: dvd,cd will not read or write after upgrading to windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dvdcd-won-read-or-write-after-upgrading-10/49bfd0fd-cdeb-45df-b60a-eb9a40a54b59
  6. missing cd/dvd drives after upgrading to windows 10

missing cd/dvd drives after upgrading to windows 10: missing cd/dvd drives after upgrading to windows 10pro x64 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/missing-cddvd-drives-after-upgrading-to-windows-10/79668c65-8c4a-4e80-b961-0ea6fe0c03c3
  7. DVD Drive has disappeared in Windows 10

DVD Drive has disappeared in Windows 10: Really strange... I was using it this afternoon to burn some audio discs, and all of a sudden it has disappeared. It doesn't show up in File Explorer at all. Where might it have gone?????...
  8. DVD player disappeared after Win 10 upgrade

DVD player disappeared after Win 10 upgrade: Hello, I've just upgraded from Win 7 to Win 10 and my DVD player has disappeared. I have a Toshiba Portege R830 PT321A 01K00201 When I go to device manager there are no yellow exclamations, there is just no DVD player there at all. I've checked the Toshiba...
  9. DVD R/W drive has disappeared after upgrading to Windows 10

DVD R/W drive has disappeared after upgrading to Windows 10: I cannot find the DVD R/W drive on my desktop. I cannot play CDs nor DVDs. 13864
  10. My cd/dvd drive has stoped reading disks after windows 10 upgrade

My cd/dvd drive has stoped reading disks after windows 10 upgrade: my issue is that the drive is installed it dose not show errors at all. But when in 'this computer' it dose not show in the list on the side but it dose show in the main window. when a disk is place in the drive. it spins but dose nothing. I now have this issue with all 4...