Windows 10: cd/dvd issues

Discus and support cd/dvd issues in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; hello : i cant get my vlc player to read any dvd's i put in the tray. Also, i dont have the quick assist app in my windows accessories.. PLZ help... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by zerohero1, Jul 10, 2020.

1. zerohero1 Win User

cd/dvd issues

hello : i cant get my vlc player to read any dvd's i put in the tray. Also, i dont have the quick assist app in my windows accessories.. PLZ help ty :

:)

zerohero1, Jul 10, 2020

2. CD/DVD issues AGAIN

Thank you for the prompt response.

To resolve the issue, please follow these steps:

Method 1

I suggest running the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter:

To open the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter, follow these steps:

• Click Start, type Control Panel and hit
      Enter.
    • In the search box in Control Panel, type Troubleshooting and press Enter.
    • Under the Hardware and Sound item, click Configure a device.
      • If you are prompted to enter an administrator password or provide confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
    If your problem is not solved, try the next resolution.

Method 2

Update or reinstall the driver:

To update the driver, search for the driver on the device manufacturer's website, and then follow the installation instructions on the website.

To reinstall the driver, follow these steps:

• Click Start, type Device Manager and hit
      Enter.
      • If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type the password, or click
        Allow.
    • In Device Manager, expand DVD/CD-ROM drives, right-click the CD and DVD devices, and then click
      Uninstall.
    • When you are prompted to confirm that you want to remove the device, click
      OK
    • Restart the computer.
    After the computer restarts, the drivers will be automatically installed.

Update us with the results.

Devlin Sco, Jul 10, 2020
  3. Lost DVD/CD drive in Windows 10.

Hi Lawrence,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We will assist you in resolving your issue.

Step 1: I suggest you to run the
    Hardware and Devices
    troubleshooter by following the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

• Press Windows icon key on the keyboard, type Troubleshooting and select the top most search result.
    • Click on View all from left side panel of the screen.
    • Select Hardware and Devices, click on
      Advanced option and check Apply repairs automatically
      option.
    • Follow the on screen instructions.

Step 2: If the issue persist, I suggest you to uninstall the
    DVD/CD drivers from the device manager by following the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

• Press Windows icon key on the keyboard, type device manager and select the top most search result.
    • Expand DVD/CD ROM drives, right click on the driver and select
      Uninstall option.
    • Restart the PC for the Windows to install the DVD/Cd drivers automatically and check if the changes are effective.

Get back to us if you are facing further issues, we will be happy to assist.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Jul 10, 2020
  4. cd/dvd issues

Windows 10 and CD/DVD issue

Hi Sheri,

We apologize for the inconvenience caused and will assist you.

The issue might occur if the driver is not compatible. So I suggest you to install the CD/DVD driver in compatibility mode by following the steps provided below:

• Download the driver from the manufacturer’s website and save it on your local disk.
    • Right click on the setup file of the driver and select
      “Properties”.
    • Select “Compatibility” Tab.
    • Place a check mark next to“Run this program in Compatibility mode” and select operating system from the drop down list.
    • Let the driver install and then check thefunctionality.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jul 10, 2020
Thema:

cd/dvd issues

1. cd/dvd issues - Similar Threads - dvd issues

2. Windows 10 22H2 has issues with GTC2N slim dvd rom

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 22H2 has issues with GTC2N slim dvd rom: Hello,I have a HP Eliitedesk 800 G1 tower that runs Windows 10 22H2, Windows 10 22H2 is fully up to date, I am having the following issue with GTC2N find that windows 10 cannot find the CD Rom it is not listed in explorer, have removed the 2 entries from Device manger but...
  3. Windows 10 22H2 has issues with GTC2N slim dvd rom

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 22H2 has issues with GTC2N slim dvd rom: Hello,I have a HP Eliitedesk 800 G1 tower that runs Windows 10 22H2, Windows 10 22H2 is fully up to date, I am having the following issue with GTC2N find that windows 10 cannot find the CD Rom it is not listed in explorer, have removed the 2 entries from Device manger but...
  4. Windows 10 22H2 has issues with GTC2N slim dvd rom

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Compatibility issue after Windows 11 Update - Cyberlink Power DVD 22 Ultra

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Compatibility issue after Windows 11 Update - Cyberlink Power DVD 22 Ultra: I'm experiencing an issue with Blu-ray playback in Cyberlink Power DVD 22 Ultra after the most recent Windows 11 update.The Blu-rays fail to play and I am prompted with the following message:Warningplayback stopped because your graphics card driver is incompatible. Make sure...
  6. Compatibility issue after Windows 11 Update - Cyberlink Power DVD 22 Ultra

Compatibility issue after Windows 11 Update - Cyberlink Power DVD 22 Ultra: I'm experiencing an issue with Blu-ray playback in Cyberlink Power DVD 22 Ultra after the most recent Windows 11 update.The Blu-rays fail to play and I am prompted with the following message:Warningplayback stopped because your graphics card driver is incompatible. Make sure...
  7. Windows 11 DVD Write Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 DVD Write Issue: I recently purchased a ROOFULL optical drive. I'm unable to clone DVDs with my new laptop with Windows 11. I've tried multiple software packages including WinX DVD Copy Pro, AVS Disc Creator and VLC and Media Player. They all work on Windows 10 but on 11 I keep getting a...
  8. Windows 11 DVD Write Issue

Windows 11 DVD Write Issue: I recently purchased a ROOFULL optical drive. I'm unable to clone DVDs with my new laptop with Windows 11. I've tried multiple software packages including WinX DVD Copy Pro, AVS Disc Creator and VLC and Media Player. They all work on Windows 10 but on 11 I keep getting a...
  9. Is there still any solutions for dvd cd rom issue for W10 that suddenly disappeared?

Is there still any solutions for dvd cd rom issue for W10 that suddenly disappeared?: I must've had this issue hanging on for sum years and pretty much tried everything and not able to solve the cd rom that mysteriously disappeared. I saw an article here about someone who had the same issue and finally got it fixed. Help!...
  10. Is there still any solutions for dvd cd rom issue for W10 that suddenly disappeared?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Is there still any solutions for dvd cd rom issue for W10 that suddenly disappeared?: I must've had this issue hanging on for sum years and pretty much tried everything and not able to solve the cd rom that mysteriously disappeared. I saw an article here about someone who had the same issue and finally got it fixed. Help!...