Windows 10: CD/DVD Malfunction

Discus and support CD/DVD Malfunction in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi. I own a Toshiba Satellite laptop Model 550t-c with a Matshita UJ8G2 CD/DVD drive. The drive is recognized by the computer (in both Device Manager... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Will-L1955, Aug 16, 2019.

1. CD/DVD Malfunction

Hi. I own a Toshiba Satellite laptop Model 550t-c with a Matshita UJ8G2 CD/DVD drive. The drive is recognized by the computer (in both Device Manager and Windows Explorer) , is receiving power, but just won't read/recognize any CD or DVDs. Can't find an updated driver and was wondering if the drive just went bad or if it's associated with a Windows update. Any ideas?

:)

Will-L1955, Aug 16, 2019

2. CD/DVD Drive not recongnizing

Original title: Franks

Hi Franks,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I would suggest you to install the latest drivers for CD/DVD drive from the manufacturer’s website or can update the drivers by following the steps provided below:

• Press “Windows key + R” and type “devmgmt.msc”.
    • Right click on DVD/CD Roms from the list and select
      properties.
    • Under Driver tab click on Update button and follow the prompts to update the driver.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Aug 16, 2019
  3. 12Comp Win User
    CD/DVD player malfunctioning

I burned an audio file to disk with my cd/dvd player/burner.

A week later, I went to burn another small audio file.

I clicked Start burn in WMP and nothing happened.

The cd player became unresponsive. No lights, wouldn't open. Nothing.

I ran sfc /scannow - no integrity violations.

No yellow icons in Device manager

I ran hardware troubleshooter and it said it updated the software and to reboot the machine.

When back up, instead of the "CD/DVD Drive" - it's now just a "CD Drive"

When I double click on it, "You do not have sufficient right to perform this operation".

It did open and close with the light working when I rebooted, but after I tried to burn again, it

s non responsive again.

This has been one malfunction after another.

Ol' HP desktop

Windows 10

12Comp, Aug 16, 2019
  4. CD/DVD Malfunction

CD/DVD Player Not Reading CD or DVD Disks

Hi Steve,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to follow the below methods to fix issue.

Method 1: I suggest you to run the hardware troubleshooter and check the issue status.

1. Press “Windows key + X”.

2. Type “Troubleshooter” in the Search box and hit enter.

3. Select “Hardware and Sound” from the Troubleshooter Window.

4. Select “Hardware and Devices” under Devices option.

5. Follow the On Screen instructions.

Method 2: I suggest you to uninstall and install the network adapter drivers as below and check if it helps.

Step 1: Try updating the DVD\CD-ROM drives from device manager.

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Device Manager
    • Expand DVD\CD-ROM drives.
    • Right click on the driver select Update Driver Software.
    • Restart the computer.

Step 2: I suggest you to check and install if there is any latest firmware update for DVD drive from the computer manufacturer.

Also, see:
    Your CD or DVD drive is not recognized by Windows or other programs

(Applies to Windows 10 as well).

Disclaimer: This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly.

Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, follow
    the steps to do the same:

• Press Windows key + R.
    • Type regedit in the run box.
    • Locate and click the key or subkey that you want to back up.
    • Click the File menu, and then click Export.
    • In the Save in box, select the location where you want to save the backup copy to, and then type a name for the backup file in the
      File name box.
    • Click Save.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Aug 16, 2019
Thema:

CD/DVD Malfunction

1. CD/DVD Malfunction - Similar Threads - DVD Malfunction

2. Where is my redeemed gift of Windows DVD app from Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where is my redeemed gift of Windows DVD app from Microsoft Store: I received a gift of windows dvd app but when I redeemed it, app hasn't downloaded nor can I find it on my computer or in my Microsoft Store or my account. I have relentlessly followed the instructions without success. I have pressed updates in my store account, I have...
  3. Where is my redeemed gift of Windows DVD app from Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Where is my redeemed gift of Windows DVD app from Microsoft Store: I received a gift of windows dvd app but when I redeemed it, app hasn't downloaded nor can I find it on my computer or in my Microsoft Store or my account. I have relentlessly followed the instructions without success. I have pressed updates in my store account, I have...
  4. does the windows dvd player burn DVDs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    does the windows dvd player burn DVDs: i need to be able to copy my home movies that are on dvd to the computer and then burn to new dvds https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/does-the-windows-dvd-player-burn-dvds/701c33f4-4c32-41f4-b3a5-e18488367019
  5. does the windows dvd player burn DVDs

does the windows dvd player burn DVDs: i need to be able to copy my home movies that are on dvd to the computer and then burn to new dvds https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/does-the-windows-dvd-player-burn-dvds/701c33f4-4c32-41f4-b3a5-e18488367019
  6. the DVD player is displaying distorted images How to fix it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    the DVD player is displaying distorted images How to fix it?: the DVD player is displaying distorted images How to fix it?***Move from Microsoft 365 and Office / Other / For business / Other*** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-dvd-player-is-displaying-distorted-images-how/6ea693bb-98a4-429b-b9bb-263fc47a0c7a
  7. the DVD player is displaying distorted images How to fix it?

the DVD player is displaying distorted images How to fix it?: the DVD player is displaying distorted images How to fix it?***Move from Microsoft 365 and Office / Other / For business / Other*** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-dvd-player-is-displaying-distorted-images-how/6ea693bb-98a4-429b-b9bb-263fc47a0c7a
  8. the DVD player is displaying distorted images How to fix it?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. what can i do to see pictures on a recorded cd/ dvd tried VCL media will not open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    what can i do to see pictures on a recorded cd/ dvd tried VCL media will not open: finding a format that will let me open and view photos that are on CDS and or DVDS dating back to 2010 have tried VCL media windows media player does not seem to open...
  10. what can i do to see pictures on a recorded cd/ dvd tried VCL media will not open

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    what can i do to see pictures on a recorded cd/ dvd tried VCL media will not open: finding a format that will let me open and view photos that are on CDS and or DVDS dating back to 2010 have tried VCL media windows media player does not seem to open...