Windows 10: CD/DVD Problem. DVDs are recognised but not CDs

Discus and support CD/DVD Problem. DVDs are recognised but not CDs in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Can anyone help end my frustration?I recently started ripping my CD collection to FLAC on an external drive, using Windows Media Player, going from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by StephenBurden, Sep 15, 2021.

1. CD/DVD Problem. DVDs are recognised but not CDs

Can anyone help end my frustration?I recently started ripping my CD collection to FLAC on an external drive, using Windows Media Player, going from ABBA to Zydeco. I got as far as the letter G and tried the Gorillaz CD which turned out to be an enhanced CD which I couldn't rip, presumably because of the DVD data on it. I gave up trying to rip it and went on to the next CD but my CD/DVD drive refuses to recognise any other music CD now, refusing to spin up or think there's a CD in the drive, however DVDs music or video work fine.The frustration comes because I have tried System Restores, driv

:)

StephenBurden, Sep 15, 2021
  2. jazzlover Win User

CD's not recognised in DVD/CD Samsung drive

I have recently upgraded to Windows 10 and alll is working well except for the CD/DVD drive does not automatically recognise a CD when its inserted. With previous Windows 7 when I put a music CD in drive wiith itunes open then itunes would ask if i wanted to import CD.

The CD/DVD is recognised in Device Manager and says that it is working properly. the only way I can get the CD to be recognised after inserting the CD is by going to the Device Manager and double clicking the CD/DVD line to open 'properties'. At that point itunes asks me if i want to import.

The drive is a Samsung SH-223L.

Autoplay is ON

I hope someone can help. Thanks Nigel

jazzlover, Sep 15, 2021
  3. CD/DVD RW Drive not recognised

Hi all.

I have an Acer laptop with built in DVD/CD RW drive, running Win 10

For some reason, the laptop has stopped recognising it.

When I put a disc in it whirs, spins and clicks as usual as if it were reading it normally, then stops.

Have gone through all the usual checks and I note that its not even listed under devices, in fact, there is no option for CD/DVD drives even listed to expand under

I have even gone as far as to return the laptop to factory settings and still no luck.

Can anyone suggest a fix (in laymans terms LOL)

SniperShot, Sep 15, 2021
  4. nickbenes Win User

CD/DVD Problem. DVDs are recognised but not CDs

DVD/CD drive is not recognised

Original Title: DVD/CD player

After installing Windows 10 upgrade my internal DVD/CD drive is not recognised but my USB external hard drive is, does anyone know how do I fix this problem?

many thanks

nickbenes, Sep 15, 2021
Thema:

CD/DVD Problem. DVDs are recognised but not CDs

1. CD/DVD Problem. DVDs are recognised but not CDs - Similar Threads - DVD Problem DVDs

2. burn CDs or DVDS using Windows DVD Player

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    burn CDs or DVDS using Windows DVD Player: Can I burn CDs or DVDS using Windows DVD Player? On Windows 10 I can't burn CDs or DVDs with provided software. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/burn-cds-or-dvds-using-windows-dvd-player/16e14a78-467c-420b-aa9c-985b4a1afb34
  3. DVD Drive not reading DVDs/CDs in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    DVD Drive not reading DVDs/CDs in Windows 10: So recently I have been wanting to rip some of my DVD library (for personal use, of course), but for some reason the DVD drive on my laptop (Lenovo Thinkpad T430) is not reading the discs which I put in. I am about to purchase an external DVD drive to read the DVDs, but I...
  4. dvd player in Dell laptop not recgnizing cds and dvds .

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    dvd player in Dell laptop not recgnizing cds and dvds .: Sir, My dvd player is not recgnizing cds and dvds .mine is dell inspiron5558 running win 10Home.i did driver updates a month back.after it this happened.please help me. thank you Kanpur, 25.9.20...
  5. Windows 10 Won't Burn CD's or DVD's BUT Plays CDs/DVDs HELP!

Windows 10 Won't Burn CD's or DVD's BUT Plays CDs/DVDs HELP!: So I tossed on a CD which played well, same with a DVD the movie played well too. But when I tried burning a blank CD using Windows Media Player it did not work, then I tried two other programs CDBurnerXP and ImgBurn neither one would work either. I am trying to burn MP3...
  6. File Explorer in Windows 10 not recognising dvds & cds.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer in Windows 10 not recognising dvds & cds.: When inserting a dvd or cd nothing happens. Disc drive & drivers are working properly but the discs don't show on File Explorer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-in-windows-10-not-recognising-dvds/a8fb5e2e-3d39-4c24-959c-4cd3528ae5b3"
  7. CD/DVD drive not reading DVDs

CD/DVD drive not reading DVDs: My CD/DVD drive cannot read/write to DVD, yet it reads and writes to CDs! The Device Manages shows that the drive is working normally, yet when I insert a DVD, I get the error message "no media"! I have tried uninstalling the drive and re-installing it, but the fault...
  8. CD/DVD drive cannot read/write DVDs - CDs OK

CD/DVD drive cannot read/write DVDs - CDs OK: I am running AMD Athlon 64x2 Dual Core Processor 4000+ 2.1Ghz with NVidia GeForce GT730 graphic card and my CD/DVD drive cannot read/write DVDs. When a DVD is inserted the drive runs for a minute or more and then I get an error message either "insert the disc and try again"...
  9. DVD does not recognise cd's or dvd's

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DVD does not recognise cd's or dvd's: I have an asus laptop (ROG Gamer) with windows 10 and cd's nor dvd's can be recognized from the dvd drive, also windows media player does not show it, can someone help me?...
  10. DVD drive not recognising CD

DVD drive not recognising CD: Hi all, my first ever post in my first ever forum so I'm sorry if I do things a bit wrong. I'm very frustrated. I brought a Video editing software package to put my old videos onto the laptop but my DVD driver is not recognising the CD. It sort of starts to spin, then stops...