Windows 10: CD/ DVD ROM stopped working with error: driver is migrated on Windows 10 code 45

Discus and support CD/ DVD ROM stopped working with error: driver is migrated on Windows 10 code 45 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have a Lenovo G50 Laptop with an internal HL-DT-ST DVD GUCON unit. It worked with 5 CDs that I imported into itunes. Then it quit working on CD #6.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MacMcDonnell1, Aug 20, 2019.

1. CD/ DVD ROM stopped working with error: driver is migrated on Windows 10 code 45

I have a Lenovo G50 Laptop with an internal HL-DT-ST DVD GUCON unit. It worked with 5 CDs that I imported into itunes. Then it quit working on CD #6. It shows up as a hidden item under task manager and currently shows as not connected to the computer. (Code 45) device manager/properties.

8/19/2019 2:19:56 AM Device migrated
    8/19/2019 2:19:56 AM Device configured (cdrom.inf)

8/19/2019 2:20:01 AM Device started (cdrom)
    time and date interesting in that noone was operating the computer at that time???

This looks like the post thread locked form 2016. Ran the windows 10 update to 1903 a couple of days ago. Did my DVD take a dump or is this a continuing problem with Windows 10? Any help would be appreciated.

:)

MacMcDonnell1, Aug 20, 2019

2. CD/ DVD ROM stopped working with error: driver is migrated on Windows 10

Hi,

Do not worry we will help you with this issue.

Provide us additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the make and model of your devices?
    • What is the complete error message/ error code of this issue?
    • Have you made any changes to the operating system that might have resulted in this issue?

Try few of the troubleshooting steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to check if there is any yellow exclamation point on CD/DVD in Device Manager.

• Press Windows + X keys from the keyboard, click on
      Device Manager.
    • Expand DVD/CD ROM drives, right click on the driver.
    • Click on Properties and check the
      device status.

Step 2: If the drive is being detected in Device Manager try the below to update the drivers:

• Right click on Start button and select
      Device Manager.

• Expand DVD/CD ROM drives, right click on the drivers and click on
      Update driver software.

• Restart the computer and check if the issue persists.

Step 3: If the device is not detected on your computer try to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

Hardware and Devices troubleshooter
    checks for common problems and makes sure that any new device or hardware connected to your PC is installed correctly.

• Press Windows key from the keyboard, type
      Troubleshooting and select it.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner of
      Troubleshooting window.
    • Select the Hardware and Device
      options from the list.
    • Click Next to run the
      Hardware and Device
      Troubleshooter.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of accessing the CD/ DVD ROM for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Aug 20, 2019
  3. CD/ DVD ROM stopped working with error: driver is migrated on Windows 10

I've had windows 10 for about 2 months, yesterday internal cd rom stopped working, says it has been migrated. Tried an external cd which worked for 2 hours then did exactly the same thing, what do I do? I had windows 7 before. My drivers are all up to
    date.

Original title: Windows 10 migrated my 2 cd roms, one internal, one external. What is that & how do I fix it?

hazelbillingsley, Aug 20, 2019
  4. RLRehm Win User

CD/ DVD ROM stopped working with error: driver is migrated on Windows 10 code 45

Windows 7 Professional keeps dropping the DVD/CD drive

Working with a fresh install (2nd attempt) of Windows 7 Professional on new hardware. The motherboard is a Gigabyte EP45-UD3P. Running 4G of RAM and an Intel Q9400 Quad Core CPU. The DVD/CD optical drive is a Pioneer DVR-218L.

Here's the problem - after two fresh installs, Windows 7 drops the DVD/CD drive and I get the following error in Device Manager (The device cannot start {code 10}). After the install, the drive works for a period of time, then stops working and I get the error code.

The driver appears to be a standard Windows driver (CD-ROM driver).

I've tried uninstalling the drive and re-installing it in Device Manager but it does not work - I continue to get the device error.

I've also swapped out the DVD/CD drive to insure it's not a bad unit. Same problem with both drives.

What do you suggest for next steps?? Could it be an issue with the motherboard?? A driver problem?

I visited the Pioneer web site - could not find any help or additional Windows 7 drivers.

What now??

RLRehm, Aug 20, 2019
Thema:

CD/ DVD ROM stopped working with error: driver is migrated on Windows 10 code 45

1. CD/ DVD ROM stopped working with error: driver is migrated on Windows 10 code 45 - Similar Threads - DVD ROM stopped

2. CD-Rom / DVD Driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    CD-Rom / DVD Driver: Hey! So the last time my cdrom / dvd driver was updated was 06/21/2006. I have upgraded from windows 7 on a lenovo AIO ThinkCentre so updating it through lenovo's site is worthless, since they don't update from 7 to 10. How do I update it? Device manager is basically...
  3. Code 45 for CD Rom?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Code 45 for CD Rom?: I hace windows 8. How can I fix error code 45 for CD Rom?Thanks in advance https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/code-45-for-cd-rom/b4155eff-9e6b-4786-b80d-ff39d13778a8
  4. Code 45 for CD Rom?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Code 45 for CD Rom?: I hace windows 8. How can I fix error code 45 for CD Rom?Thanks in advance https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/code-45-for-cd-rom/b4155eff-9e6b-4786-b80d-ff39d13778a8
  5. WINDOWS 10 CODE 45 My internal DVD/CD-ROMS drives

WINDOWS 10 CODE 45 My internal DVD/CD-ROMS drives: WINDOWS 10 CODE 45 My internal DVD/CD-ROMS drives Tab is missing in Device manager how do I restore tab and function of my internal DVD/CD driveRegards Dale...
  6. WINDOWS 10 CODE 45 My internal DVD/CD-ROMS drives

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WINDOWS 10 CODE 45 My internal DVD/CD-ROMS drives: WINDOWS 10 CODE 45 My internal DVD/CD-ROMS drives Tab is missing in Device manager how do I restore tab and function of my internal DVD/CD driveRegards Dale...
  7. WINDOWS 10 CODE 45 My internal DVD/CD-ROMS drives

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. DVD/CD Rom not migrated

DVD/CD Rom not migrated: I Have just updated Windows 10 to version 2004 and now my Blueray/DVD/CD drive doesnt appear on my computer. It shows in the Device Manager with a message Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information in the registry is incomplete or...
  9. computer code 45 on external dvd/cd rom

computer code 45 on external dvd/cd rom: iI am using an ACER NOTEBOOK TRAVELMATE code 45 is showing on an external usb plugged in dvd/cd rom any help resolving this problem please. thanks...
  10. DVD/CD ROM DRIVER

DVD/CD ROM DRIVER: How do I update my driver to read karaoke CDG's? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dvdcd-rom-driver/0a739b2f-5f69-4c52-80a2-67b08130a7f0

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cd-ram code45