Windows 10: CD/DVD RW Drive not recognised

Discus and support CD/DVD RW Drive not recognised in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi all. I have an Acer laptop with built in DVD/CD RW drive, running Win 10 For some reason, the laptop has stopped recognising it. When I put a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by SniperShot, May 26, 2019.

1. CD/DVD RW Drive not recognised

Hi all.

I have an Acer laptop with built in DVD/CD RW drive, running Win 10

For some reason, the laptop has stopped recognising it.

When I put a disc in it whirs, spins and clicks as usual as if it were reading it normally, then stops.

Have gone through all the usual checks and I note that its not even listed under devices, in fact, there is no option for CD/DVD drives even listed to expand under

I have even gone as far as to return the laptop to factory settings and still no luck.

Can anyone suggest a fix (in laymans terms LOL)

:)

SniperShot, May 26, 2019

2. The DVD drive was not showing not recognised.

Thanks for info.

i have followed steps but still not working.

the DVDs/cd drive is shown in file manager and it shows it to be working correctly but when a cd/ dvd disc is inserted it is still not recognised.

If if I double click on the drive in file manager the disc is ejected and I am asked to insert a disc.

Any further suggestions?

regards

johnwbeasley, May 26, 2019
  3. SATA DVD-RW Drives

Hey Guys,

So, I finally just bought my new rig: EVGA A1 Mobo (w/ 6 SATA Slots), 2 WD Raptors (SATA - Gonna RAID 0 Boot), 4 Seagate 320GB Barracuda's (SATA - Gonna RAID 5 Storage).
    However, I realized I also bought 2 DVD-RW drives, in SATA *Eek! CD/DVD RW Drive not recognised :eek: not enough SATA ports on the mobo...

So a couple of questions follow:
    1) Is SATA really faster for DVD-RW drives than IDE?
    2) Is there anyway to Inline/Series the (2) SATA DVD-RW drives, kinda like you do with IDE (Master/Slave)?
    3) Are there any SATA-->IDE reverse adaptors (not the opposite, I know those exist)?
    4) Based on the above answers, should I:
    • a) Get a PCI-E SATA RAID Card to Handle One of the RAID Arrays, and keep the DVD-RW drives as SATA? (although those are dang expensive, AND I don't know where that PCI Card is gonna fit - got an 8800gtx, PCI Slot-Cooler, Wifi card... an extra slot but no room down there)
    • b) Return the DVD-RW SATA drives and get (2) IDE DVD-RW drives?
    • Another option that won't require me spending a lot of money?
    Eesh, I'm kinda stuck on my build if I don't have a CD Drive to read from for Windows Install(I don't have any extra ones sittin around - and I want to install my RAID 5 Storage array right away)

Suggestions?*Confused CD/DVD RW Drive not recognised :confused:

surfsk8snow.jah, May 26, 2019
  4. Zeon Win User

CD/DVD RW Drive not recognised

DVD-RW now showing as CD Drive?

Would appreciate any help on this ...

I'm not sure exactly when it happened, but i noticed yesterday that when i put a DVD into my DVD drive it suddenly changed to say it was a CD drive, and 'incorrect function'.
    I have 2 Drives, one is a CD-RW/DVD and the other is a CD/DVD-RW. As far as i can see the CD-RW is working fine because i can still burn CD's and read CD's and DVD's.

I've tried rolling back my drivers, updating drivers, uninstalling and re-installing, and checking my windows registry didnt have any errors (It did but they have now been fixed and it didnt make any difference to the drive problem) all to no avail.
    I also checked the start up priority on the BIOS screen, my CD drive is first priority, but it doesnt seem to have an option for the DVD drive.

I'm at my wits end now and my pc is about to go out the window ... *Bang Head :banghead:

Anyone have any idea's whats going on with my drives?

Thema:

CD/DVD RW Drive not recognised

1. CD/DVD RW Drive not recognised - Similar Threads - DVD Drive recognised

2. Dvd drive cannot write to cd-rw ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dvd drive cannot write to cd-rw ?: I have a pocket cd-rw which i want to write some files to, and i made windows format it as " use like a flash drive " . However, when i write multiple files at once, it says " This drive is cd-rom drive which cant write to a cd-rw " however it successfully writes some files....
  3. Dvd drive cannot write to cd-rw ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dvd drive cannot write to cd-rw ?: I have a pocket cd-rw which i want to write some files to, and i made windows format it as " use like a flash drive " . However, when i write multiple files at once, it says " This drive is cd-rom drive which cant write to a cd-rw " however it successfully writes some files....
  4. Dvd drive cannot write to cd-rw ?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. CD, DVD, RW, accessory drive

CD, DVD, RW, accessory drive: My Microsoft computer does not have a CD drive. Is there an all in one accessory drive I can purchase? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cd-dvd-rw-accessory-drive/94675435-c020-477b-803f-c757dc166aad
  6. CD-DVD DRIVE NOT RECOGNISING DISC

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    CD-DVD DRIVE NOT RECOGNISING DISC: HI Peeps just bought a recon computer, everything is up and running and works great. I just dug my old CD+G discs out of my shed because I want to put together some backing track playlists. for some reason when I put a new disc in it will only play the first track then...
  7. CD/DVD+-RW will not play.

CD/DVD+-RW will not play.: It worked fine before I updated to Windows 10. I've tried everything I read but still no success. I've uninstalled and rebooted comp (nothing). I look in the DIRECTORY and it is there. I right click and can open it, but it still will not read the disk. I ran a hardware scan...
  8. CD/DVD drive is not recognising

CD/DVD drive is not recognising: cod/dvd rom was not visible in my laptop. when i checked for it, an error code 45 occurred. acoording to microsoft to solve it, i had to uninstall the drives and after restarting the laptop a message should have popped to install it again. but it didn't. now i don't know how...
  9. CD's not recognised in DVD/CD Samsung drive

CD's not recognised in DVD/CD Samsung drive: I have recently upgraded to Windows 10 and alll is working well except for the CD/DVD drive does not automatically recognise a CD when its inserted. With previous Windows 7 when I put a music CD in drive wiith itunes open then itunes would ask if i wanted to import CD. The...
  10. DVD drive not recognising CD

DVD drive not recognising CD: Hi all, my first ever post in my first ever forum so I'm sorry if I do things a bit wrong. I'm very frustrated. I brought a Video editing software package to put my old videos onto the laptop but my DVD driver is not recognising the CD. It sort of starts to spin, then stops...