Windows 10: CD/DVD tray will not open

Discus and support CD/DVD tray will not open in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Is it possible that this machines doesn't have a tray? I don't see it. Is there an other way to load software? Any help would be greatly... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ANDREWANZALONE, Dec 26, 2018.

1. CD/DVD tray will not open

Is it possible that this machines doesn't have a tray? I don't see it. Is there an other way to load software?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Andy

:)

ANDREWANZALONE, Dec 26, 2018

2. CD tray will not open

Short of buying a new laptop, is there a way to fix this problem?

You have several options:

• Straighten a paper clip, then push it into the small hole in the CD tray drawer. This will open the tray.
    • Create a shortcut like this one:
      nircmdc.exe cdrom open F:. NirCmd is freely downloadable.
    • Purchase a new CD tray from the distributor. They are easy to replace.
    • Replace the laptop.

Frederik Long, Dec 26, 2018
  3. cd tray not opening

Hi Stacey,

Does your CD-Rom/DVD show within “This PC” on your PC? If you right click on it, is there an eject button?

If this doesn’t work, look on the physical cd tray itself, do you see a paper clip sized hole? You can poke a paper clip in there and see if it pops open.

Let me know!

- C

Charlie Klausen, Dec 26, 2018
  4. CD/DVD tray will not open

what key combination on the keybord open cd / dvd tray

what fast keys to eject the cd/dvd tray?

danielhome, Dec 26, 2018
Thema:

CD/DVD tray will not open

1. CD/DVD tray will not open - Similar Threads - DVD tray open

2. CD DVD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CD DVD: Morning,I have problem with CD DVD that is unable to be formatted, when I create a backup for disc it says that needs to be blank when there are no files into the CD even I try to erase it works but not formatting. I don't trust from youtubers at all which may be unsafe. I...
  3. CD tray will not stay open - W10 only

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    CD tray will not stay open - W10 only: Up until a couple of minutes ago this was going to be a plea for help. But I have just now fixed it, and I thought it may be useful for somebody, sometime... My main system is multi-boot; XP, W7, and just recently, W10. My generic (Lite-On iHAS124 F) CD/DVD drive has worked...
  4. DVD/CD hanger can not be opened

in Windows 10 Customization
    DVD/CD hanger can not be opened: Why do my laptop dvd/cd hanger can not be opened after its button has already pressed? How is it be opened again like usual? Thank you for any help from you all guys....
  5. File Explorer Randomly Opens The CD-DVD Tray

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    File Explorer Randomly Opens The CD-DVD Tray: I have an OLD Dell OptiPlex 745 (yeah, I know --- hopefully, you guys aren't laughing too hard) with Windows 10 installed, latest updates (06/27/2019), and the whole spiel. For some strange reason, occasionally a File Explorer dialog window pops up requesting a CD be inserted...
  6. cd and dvd

cd and dvd: can any one tell me how to format a cd or dvd in windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cd-and-dvd/cbb85540-9e45-4c5e-adf0-db53aed81ad4
  7. DVD tray

DVD tray: how do I open the tray on my laptop? its a 3 year old Acer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dvd-tray/86bf2c99-4f34-4107-8008-70d45a0fdd98
  8. CD/DVD IN MY LENOVO NOT WORKING OPEN THE DOOR INPUT A CD AND NOTHING HAPPENED THE CD/DVD...

CD/DVD IN MY LENOVO NOT WORKING OPEN THE DOOR INPUT A CD AND NOTHING HAPPENED THE CD/DVD...: THE CD/DVD IN MY LENOVO DOES NOTHING WHEN I PUT A CDC/DVD IN CONTROL PANEL CAN'T FIND THE CD/DVD ICON THE DRIVER IS UP TO DATE. TROUBLESHOOTING RESULTS OK this started when I downloaded Window 10. I test the drive and it showed that it is functional in device manager they are...
  9. Apple's iTunes for Windows opens CD/DVD Drive tray on exit

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Apple's iTunes for Windows opens CD/DVD Drive tray on exit: Apple probably calls this a feature...but apparently a lot of users of iTunes for Windows are seeing their CD/DVD drives open the tray every time they exit iTunes for Windows (including me). This started after either a recent Windows 10 update or an iTunes update (or maybe...
  10. cd tray not opening

cd tray not opening: I cant get my cd tray to open https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/cd-tray-not-opening/20eb9a3f-c6d3-461e-9e76-1ebc21a94dca

Users found this page by searching for:

1. open cd tray

2. how to open cd tray

3. open dvd tray now

4. how do i open the cd tray in windows,
  5. ho to open the disk tray in aprtable disc burner,
  6. open cd drawer on pc,
  7. how to pen a disc tray in computer,
  8. how to open dvd system in my pc,
  9. location of computer disc tray,
  10. how to open cd computer tray door,
  11. open cd tray hp19,