Windows 10: CD/DVD wont recognize disks.

Discus and support CD/DVD wont recognize disks. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; New win 10 and new dirve .drive shows in 'this computer'. Cant recognize any disks. here is the event log: [img] 32244 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ericpet15, Nov 30, 2015.

1. ericpet15 Win User

CD/DVD wont recognize disks.

New win 10 and new dirve .drive shows in 'this computer'. Cant recognize any disks. here is the event log:

CD/DVD wont recognize disks. [​IMG]

:)

ericpet15, Nov 30, 2015

2. Lost DVD Drive after Windows 10 upgrade

I have a similar but different problem,The CD portion of the drive works but not the DVD It wont recognize a blank disc.

RichardWard-704, Nov 30, 2015
  3. Windows 10 wont recognise my hardware

The cd/dvd drive does not show up on the hardware list, so cannot update drivers......

what next??

TitoColeman, Nov 30, 2015
  4. ericpet15 Win User

More info:

ericpet15, Nov 30, 2015
  5. ericpet15 Win User

ericpet15, Nov 30, 2015
  6. bobkn Win User
    Most of that stuff means little to me. Having the drive show up in Device Manager seems good.

Do you have a bootable CD or DVD? If you can boot the PC from the DVD drive, that would establish that it's probably a Windows problem, rather than a hardware problem with the drive.

bobkn, Nov 30, 2015
  7. ericpet15 Win User

ericpet15, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. CD/DVD wont recognize disks. - Similar Threads - DVD wont recognize

2. My CD/DVD drive is no longer recognized.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My CD/DVD drive is no longer recognized.: My CD/DVD drive is not recognized by my HP Elitebook. I tried uninstalling the driver and restarting the system several times. When I restart, the drivers are reinstalled and Device Manager reports that the drive is working correctly. However, the drive does not show up in...
  3. cd/dvd wont recognize or read disk since window 10

cd/dvd wont recognize or read disk since window 10: cd/dvdwont read disc -says insert disk divicemangager ok driver ok problem since update to window 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cddvd-wont-recognize-or-read-disk-since-window-10/b1e91644-38c0-4e44-b2c2-e33a8e974a49
  4. purchased a dvd player computer wont recognize it.

purchased a dvd player computer wont recognize it.: help....wont work...need to install drivers for some of the equipment... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/purchased-a-dvd-player-computer-wont-recognize-it/df74ef12-3723-4dd4-91f1-9df7c755d907
  5. CD or DVD drive is not recognized by Windows

CD or DVD drive is not recognized by Windows: I have a Toshiba Satellite L755 Laptop, and when I bought it from my friend, it was still Windows 7 and the DVD/CD drive worked fine, but after I upgraded to Windows 10, when I put in any disc, it doesn't read. I've contacted support multiple times, they tried to help but...
  6. no recognizing the cd/dvd drive.

no recognizing the cd/dvd drive.: my new computeronly 2 weeks old will not see my cd/dvd player. i have tried several different disk and rebooted the computer but still no recognizing the drive...
  7. No longer recognizes CD/DVD drive

No longer recognizes CD/DVD drive: Since receiving the Win 10 Home upgrade my computer no longer recognizes the DVD drive. It doesn't show in Device Manger or in the device list in This PC although it does spin up if you insert media into it. I've tried all the suggested remedies except messing with the...
  8. CD/DVD ROM not recognized

CD/DVD ROM not recognized: Hello everyone! Yesterday I inserted a CD to install driver for my new headset. The CD-R open, close normally and I also heard the CD spinning. But not thing happened in my laptop at all. I checked This PC: no CD drive (before upgraded to win 10, I had installed win 8.1 and...
  9. CD/DVD drive not recognized

CD/DVD drive not recognized: I installed Windows 10 as an upgrade to Windows 8. My Dell laptop does not see the DVD drive. I had no success getting the drive to work in Windows 8 and (maybe of course) it doesnt see it now. This seems to be a common problem I have tried numerous fixes but have not had...
  10. DVD disks not recognized but CDs are

DVD disks not recognized but CDs are: My CD/DVD drive L is recognized by the computer under Windows 10 (upgraded). It will read/write CDs but not DVDs. Device Manager shows no problems and I have uninstalled the device then scanned for hardware changes, region/country is set to 1. Troubleshooters show no...