Windows 10: CD/DVD wont recognize disks.

Discus and support CD/DVD wont recognize disks. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; New win 10 and new dirve .drive shows in 'this computer'. Cant recognize any disks. here is the event log: [img] 32244 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ericpet15, Nov 30, 2015.

1. ericpet15 Win User

CD/DVD wont recognize disks.

New win 10 and new dirve .drive shows in 'this computer'. Cant recognize any disks. here is the event log:

CD/DVD wont recognize disks. [​IMG]

:)

ericpet15, Nov 30, 2015

2. Lost DVD Drive after Windows 10 upgrade

I have a similar but different problem,The CD portion of the drive works but not the DVD It wont recognize a blank disc.

RichardWard-704, Nov 30, 2015
  3. Windows 10 wont recognise my hardware

The cd/dvd drive does not show up on the hardware list, so cannot update drivers......

what next??

TitoColeman, Nov 30, 2015
  4. ericpet15 Win User

More info:

ericpet15, Nov 30, 2015
  5. ericpet15 Win User

ericpet15, Nov 30, 2015
  6. bobkn Win User
    Most of that stuff means little to me. Having the drive show up in Device Manager seems good.

Do you have a bootable CD or DVD? If you can boot the PC from the DVD drive, that would establish that it's probably a Windows problem, rather than a hardware problem with the drive.

bobkn, Nov 30, 2015
  7. ericpet15 Win User

ericpet15, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. CD/DVD wont recognize disks. - Similar Threads - DVD wont recognize

2. WIN10 won't recognize blank CD-R disk in the dvd/cd drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WIN10 won't recognize blank CD-R disk in the dvd/cd drive: I have seen this problem listed for WIN7 and a few years ago for WIN10. This is July 2023. I used my DVD/CD drive to burn a blank CD disk with some information about 4-6 months ago. Now it keeps telling me there is no disc in the drive. I have tried 2-3 new disks. It reads...
  3. WIN10 won't recognize blank CD-R disk in the dvd/cd drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WIN10 won't recognize blank CD-R disk in the dvd/cd drive: I have seen this problem listed for WIN7 and a few years ago for WIN10. This is July 2023. I used my DVD/CD drive to burn a blank CD disk with some information about 4-6 months ago. Now it keeps telling me there is no disc in the drive. I have tried 2-3 new disks. It reads...
  4. WIN10 won't recognize blank CD-R disk in the dvd/cd drive

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. CD/DVD not Recognized

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    CD/DVD not Recognized: I have a Dell Inspiron 3650 desktop that doesn't see the DVD/CD player. I think this happened after one of one of the Windows Update. The CD/DVD is shown in the BIOS. When I go into device manager I see the CD/DVD. I then uninstalled the device, restarted the PC and it...
  6. DVD/CD player not recognized

DVD/CD player not recognized: After updating, my DVD/CD player is not recognized Win10/64bit. Why they removed them, is anybody's guess - what a pain - but that's a separate issue. Here's what I've done: 1 Updated all drivers in Device Manager. Made sure all hidden files are showing. Made sure...
  7. cd/dvd wont recognize or read disk since window 10

cd/dvd wont recognize or read disk since window 10: cd/dvdwont read disc -says insert disk divicemangager ok driver ok problem since update to window 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cddvd-wont-recognize-or-read-disk-since-window-10/b1e91644-38c0-4e44-b2c2-e33a8e974a49
  8. no recognizing the cd/dvd drive.

no recognizing the cd/dvd drive.: my new computeronly 2 weeks old will not see my cd/dvd player. i have tried several different disk and rebooted the computer but still no recognizing the drive...
  9. CD/DVD ROM not recognized

CD/DVD ROM not recognized: Hello everyone! Yesterday I inserted a CD to install driver for my new headset. The CD-R open, close normally and I also heard the CD spinning. But not thing happened in my laptop at all. I checked This PC: no CD drive (before upgraded to win 10, I had installed win 8.1 and...
  10. CD/DVD drive not recognized

CD/DVD drive not recognized: I installed Windows 10 as an upgrade to Windows 8. My Dell laptop does not see the DVD drive. I had no success getting the drive to work in Windows 8 and (maybe of course) it doesnt see it now. This seems to be a common problem I have tried numerous fixes but have not had...