Windows 10: CD/DVD writable drive not recognized by OS after Win10 upgrade.

Discus and support CD/DVD writable drive not recognized by OS after Win10 upgrade. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a SATA-1 TSSTcorp TS-H653 (not sure whether it is an F, G, H etc.) CD/DVD writable drive in an Inspirion 537s. I recently upgraded to Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by rfletch, Jul 30, 2015.

1. rfletch Win User

CD/DVD writable drive not recognized by OS after Win10 upgrade.

I have a SATA-1 TSSTcorp TS-H653 (not sure whether it is an F, G, H etc.) CD/DVD writable drive in an Inspirion 537s. I recently upgraded to Windows 10 Pro from Windows 7 Ultimate, but the drive is not recognized by the OS. However, the drive does show up in BIOS. I have searched and cannot find a driver for this drive. Any advice or assistance?

:)

rfletch, Jul 30, 2015

2. DVD/CD drive not recognized

Since upgrading to Win10 my DVD/CD drive is not recognized. How to recover it?

DonnaPierce_110, Jul 30, 2015
  3. DevicD Win User
    PLDS DVD+-RW DH-16AES does not work after upgrading to Windows 10

I have a Dell XPS 8700 desktop. The desktop originally came with Win8. I upgraded to Win10. After upgrading to Win10, the CD/DVD will open & close but Win10 does not recognize any discs.

The CD/DVD drive is PLDS DVD+-RW DH-16AES

I insert a disc and when I try to open the disc in Windows Explorer, I get the message 'insert a disc. Please insert a disc into drive D:'. I tried the disc on other laptop (Win10 OS too) and it works but it won't work on Win10 desktop.

From Device Manager, I upgraded driver and it says I have latest driver.

What else can I do?

Thanks in advance,

DevicD, Jul 30, 2015
  4. antonio Win User

I'm having exactly the same problem with the same drive as well. Baffling

antonio, Jul 31, 2015
  5. antonio Win User
    This worked for me rfletch ......found solution elsewhere on this forum

Right click the start button and open an admin command prompt (run as administrator) and copy and paste this in, then reboot;

reg.exe add "HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\atapi\Controller0" /f /v EnumDevice1 /t REG_DWORD /d 0x00000001

antonio, Jul 31, 2015
  6. MikeT Win User
    Hi Antonio,

Well done - I have been trying to resolve this problem since upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10. Applied your solution, rebooted and I now have my CD/DVD drive back *Smile

MikeT, Aug 3, 2015
  7. alex95070 Win User
    Thank you Antonio. Was trying to find a solution for this problem for a couple of days. Tried several other suggestions, but none worked. But yours worked like a charm!! . . .

Thank you again!!!

alex95070, Aug 6, 2015
  8. jcop Win User

Thanks,
    Great Help!

9. This worked for me! Windows 10 ! PERFECT! Thank You!

Bluedoggie7, Aug 28, 2015
  10. I just wanted to say THANK YOU as this fix/solution worked on my Dell Inspiron. I had been dealing with this frustrating problem for months and spent hours searching online for a solution. THANK YOU again.

Jeff Schrembs, Oct 27, 2015
  11. Andrew10 Win User
    Thank you, worked on second try with my Lenovo desktop after not pushing enter after pasting command.

Andrew10, Nov 21, 2015
  12. GarnerPd Win User
    DVD writer, built in camera & microphone, all were working fine before Windows 10 upgrade now none of them are even seen by my previously working fine laptop. I have a Toshiba Satellite p755 that i recently upgraded to Windows 10 and none of the fixes suggested here have brought back my TssT CDDVD that came with the laptop. This is all a bad way of Microsoft and Toshiba to skirt any kind of responsibility for anyone using their software and hardware to make bootleg movies and other things that are copyright protected. I am totally frustrated by having to try to work around it by so many different methods and none of it is fixing the problems. Any help other than what is here would be appreciated. Merry Christmas.

GarnerPd, Dec 25, 2015
  13. mralux Win User

It worked immediatly ; I can't believe. Thank you so much.*chuckle

mralux, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. CD/DVD writable drive not recognized by OS after Win10 upgrade. - Similar Threads - DVD writable drive

2. WIN10 won't recognize blank CD-R disk in the dvd/cd drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WIN10 won't recognize blank CD-R disk in the dvd/cd drive: I have seen this problem listed for WIN7 and a few years ago for WIN10. This is July 2023. I used my DVD/CD drive to burn a blank CD disk with some information about 4-6 months ago. Now it keeps telling me there is no disc in the drive. I have tried 2-3 new disks. It reads...
  3. WIN10 won't recognize blank CD-R disk in the dvd/cd drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WIN10 won't recognize blank CD-R disk in the dvd/cd drive: I have seen this problem listed for WIN7 and a few years ago for WIN10. This is July 2023. I used my DVD/CD drive to burn a blank CD disk with some information about 4-6 months ago. Now it keeps telling me there is no disc in the drive. I have tried 2-3 new disks. It reads...
  4. WIN10 won't recognize blank CD-R disk in the dvd/cd drive

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Drive recognizes after DVD burn only CD's?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Drive recognizes after DVD burn only CD's?: Hello I just wanted to burn something on a DVD but then there was an error and now my PC does not recognize if there is a DVD in it only CD's could be there something defect or do you know the solution? All drivers are up to date :) LG Laufwerk erkennt nach DVD brennen nur...
  6. PLDS DVD+-RW DU-8A5LH not recognized as writable on Win10 system Device type DVD/CD-ROM.

PLDS DVD+-RW DU-8A5LH not recognized as writable on Win10 system Device type DVD/CD-ROM.: Went to burn files to DVD on my new system only to find that it looks at my DVD-RW drive as Standard CD-ROM. My first inclination is to simply uninstall the device and let Win10 reinstall, hopefully with the correct driver. But then I thought I should check in here first....
  7. CD or DVD drive is not recognized by Windows

CD or DVD drive is not recognized by Windows: I have a Toshiba Satellite L755 Laptop, and when I bought it from my friend, it was still Windows 7 and the DVD/CD drive worked fine, but after I upgraded to Windows 10, when I put in any disc, it doesn't read. I've contacted support multiple times, they tried to help but...
  8. no recognizing the cd/dvd drive.

no recognizing the cd/dvd drive.: my new computeronly 2 weeks old will not see my cd/dvd player. i have tried several different disk and rebooted the computer but still no recognizing the drive...
  9. No longer recognizes CD/DVD drive

No longer recognizes CD/DVD drive: Since receiving the Win 10 Home upgrade my computer no longer recognizes the DVD drive. It doesn't show in Device Manger or in the device list in This PC although it does spin up if you insert media into it. I've tried all the suggested remedies except messing with the...
  10. CD/DVD drive not recognized

CD/DVD drive not recognized: I installed Windows 10 as an upgrade to Windows 8. My Dell laptop does not see the DVD drive. I had no success getting the drive to work in Windows 8 and (maybe of course) it doesnt see it now. This seems to be a common problem I have tried numerous fixes but have not had...