Windows 10: cd/dvddrive no longer works on my toshiba satellite laptio with the windows 10 update

Discus and support cd/dvddrive no longer works on my toshiba satellite laptio with the windows 10 update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; my cd/dvd drive worked just fine when I purchased my toshiba laptop. If I reacll it came with windows 10. HOWEVER, when the windows 10 UPDATE rolled in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MARIADUP, Nov 2, 2019.

1. MARIADUP Win User

cd/dvddrive no longer works on my toshiba satellite laptio with the windows 10 update

my cd/dvd drive worked just fine when I purchased my toshiba laptop. If I reacll it came with windows 10. HOWEVER, when the windows 10 UPDATE rolled in the cd/dvd player does not work (code 19). I tried all the troubleshoooting techiques recommended online but to no avail. I checked in my "driver details" that there is BOTH a TOSHIBA dna a MICROSOFT corp TSS CD driver.= Does ine of them have to gp? If so how? If not, what else can I do? Please advise.

:)

MARIADUP, Nov 2, 2019
  2. Spaz123 Win User

How to get into safe mode on Toshiba satellite

Does anyone know how to get into safe mode on a toshiba satellite. Black/blue screen with solid cursor after creator update fail. F8 is disabled by default in windows 10, so please do not suggest anything that requires win 10 to be working.

Spaz123, Nov 2, 2019
  3. Toshiba cd/dvd no longer open and play music or video after updating f

Hello,

I do have a Toshiba laptop no longer playing music or movie after updating from Windows 8 to 10 online. In my computer, I see the icon of the CD/DVD but when I put a commercial cd music or video, different one, I do have the same popup windows asking to insert the CD. I am not able to view the content at all of all cd I tried.

Searching the net, common solution were provided with no success.

In device manager I uninstall the driver of the cd, and ide controller, rebooted. The new driver did reinstalled but still unable to view the content of the cd.

in control panel, there is an application who search problem with your devices. No error found

On the internet it ask to use and application call fix it, but it's not free.

On the internet it suggest to re edit the registry. The details where to go online does not match what I have on my laptop.

I don't think resetting windows 10 to default will work, because cd never played at all in windows 10.
    Most solution on the internet including the manufacturer lead to the following steps below. I had no luck,

How to Fix a DVD or CD Drive Not Working or Missing in Windows 10

Can someone help me out?
    S.

sylvaincyr, Nov 2, 2019
  4. Spaz123 Win User

cd/dvddrive no longer works on my toshiba satellite laptio with the windows 10 update

How to get into safe mode on Toshiba satellite

Windows 10 does not load on startup, no Toshiba logo, just a looping black screen/blue screen with cursor. And the bios is on slow boot.

Spaz123, Nov 2, 2019
Thema:

1. cd/dvddrive no longer works on my toshiba satellite laptio with the windows 10 update - Similar Threads - dvddrive longer works

2. Toshiba Satellite HDMI port not working

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Toshiba Satellite HDMI port not working: My wife’s Laptop is a Toshiba Satellite C75D-C; Actual Model Number:C75D-C7224X Its part number is PSCSWU-01K013 with a serial number of 8F099179S We are running the latest M/S Windows 10 HOME build 1803 17134.1130. It was sold new as Windows 10 capable and likely came with...
  3. Toshiba Satellite C655 Win10 touchpad not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Toshiba Satellite C655 Win10 touchpad not working: I have a Toshiba Satellite C655 running Windows 10 and the touchpad does not work. Tried FN-F9, no go. Need help with next step(s). https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/toshiba-satellite-c655-win10-touchpad-not-working/8a240684-c248-4f0f-994f-a46c249266cc
  4. Toshiba satellite l855-s5405 not working properly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Toshiba satellite l855-s5405 not working properly: I have a Toshiba satellite l855-s5405 from 2013. It seems to be overheating and spinning the fan very fast, even when browsing the web. I have gotten a blue screen error twice (memory management error) and today when I turned it on the screen was black after typing in my pin...
  5. Toshiba satellite windows 10

Toshiba satellite windows 10: f9 & f10 don't control sound up and down since small crash HELP! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/toshiba-satellite-windows-10/991b5441-2cfe-4b00-88b6-5bd837be5119
  6. Toshiba satellite overheating

Toshiba satellite overheating: My L55-A laptop is turning also 70+ C when cpu load up to 100%. But it is no dust, also i have cooling fan, but still happen when exposed the cpu to 100% also it turns 75 C and above when this load is so long(I'm using also third party CoreTemp and windows Task Manager). So i...
  7. Toshiba Satellite laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Toshiba Satellite laptop: i have Toshiba Satellite laptop my mouse is not working its stuck on touchscreen how do i change it back to the mouse https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/toshiba-satellite-laptop/0a8d118b-d880-438d-af79-4dfdbd324c96
  8. Toshiba Satellite Touchscreen Not Responding

Toshiba Satellite Touchscreen Not Responding: I upgraded my laptop to Windows 10 a while back and have noticed that my touchscreen function no longer works, after a frustrating period of searching and trying many fixes I have come to the end of my patience and need some help. I have tried the following:- uninstalled...
  9. My toshiba satellite laptop

My toshiba satellite laptop: Windows freezes up and i’ve tried all the tricks on resetting but it won’t even let me log off. Have to turn off manully. At my wits end. Can’t do nothing with it....
  10. Taskbar not working - Toshiba Satellite laptop

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar not working - Toshiba Satellite laptop: I was fiddling around with Task Manager trying to eliminate some unnecessary background processes. When I tried to end Windows Explorer I figured it would just close a few files I had open, but it made my taskbar/windows icon disappear, and my wallpaper is also just black...