Windows 10: cd/dvddrive no longer works on my toshiba satellite laptio with the windows 10 update

Discus and support cd/dvddrive no longer works on my toshiba satellite laptio with the windows 10 update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; my cd/dvd drive worked just fine when I purchased my toshiba laptop. If I reacll it came with windows 10. HOWEVER, when the windows 10 UPDATE rolled in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MARIADUP, Nov 2, 2019.

1. MARIADUP Win User

cd/dvddrive no longer works on my toshiba satellite laptio with the windows 10 update

my cd/dvd drive worked just fine when I purchased my toshiba laptop. If I reacll it came with windows 10. HOWEVER, when the windows 10 UPDATE rolled in the cd/dvd player does not work (code 19). I tried all the troubleshoooting techiques recommended online but to no avail. I checked in my "driver details" that there is BOTH a TOSHIBA dna a MICROSOFT corp TSS CD driver.= Does ine of them have to gp? If so how? If not, what else can I do? Please advise.

:)

MARIADUP, Nov 2, 2019
  2. Spaz123 Win User

How to get into safe mode on Toshiba satellite

Does anyone know how to get into safe mode on a toshiba satellite. Black/blue screen with solid cursor after creator update fail. F8 is disabled by default in windows 10, so please do not suggest anything that requires win 10 to be working.

Spaz123, Nov 2, 2019
  3. Toshiba cd/dvd no longer open and play music or video after updating f

Hello,

I do have a Toshiba laptop no longer playing music or movie after updating from Windows 8 to 10 online. In my computer, I see the icon of the CD/DVD but when I put a commercial cd music or video, different one, I do have the same popup windows asking to insert the CD. I am not able to view the content at all of all cd I tried.

Searching the net, common solution were provided with no success.

In device manager I uninstall the driver of the cd, and ide controller, rebooted. The new driver did reinstalled but still unable to view the content of the cd.

in control panel, there is an application who search problem with your devices. No error found

On the internet it ask to use and application call fix it, but it's not free.

On the internet it suggest to re edit the registry. The details where to go online does not match what I have on my laptop.

I don't think resetting windows 10 to default will work, because cd never played at all in windows 10.
    Most solution on the internet including the manufacturer lead to the following steps below. I had no luck,

How to Fix a DVD or CD Drive Not Working or Missing in Windows 10

Can someone help me out?
    S.

sylvaincyr, Nov 2, 2019
  4. Spaz123 Win User

cd/dvddrive no longer works on my toshiba satellite laptio with the windows 10 update

How to get into safe mode on Toshiba satellite

Windows 10 does not load on startup, no Toshiba logo, just a looping black screen/blue screen with cursor. And the bios is on slow boot.

Spaz123, Nov 2, 2019
Thema:

1. cd/dvddrive no longer works on my toshiba satellite laptio with the windows 10 update - Similar Threads - dvddrive longer works

2. Toshiba Satellite/windows 10 built in camera will not work ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Toshiba Satellite/windows 10 built in camera will not work ?: Have never used the camera on this PC. How do I test it and sett it to work on Windows-Teams ?Help, Please. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/toshiba-satellitewindows-10-built-in-camera-will/f2c9d3d3-02aa-46b6-b01c-53ac0a9ec1d1
  3. Toshiba Satellite/windows 10 built in camera will not work ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Toshiba Satellite/windows 10 built in camera will not work ?: Have never used the camera on this PC. How do I test it and sett it to work on Windows-Teams ?Help, Please. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/toshiba-satellitewindows-10-built-in-camera-will/f2c9d3d3-02aa-46b6-b01c-53ac0a9ec1d1
  4. Toshiba Satellite/windows 10 built in camera will not work ?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Toshiba Satellite update

Toshiba Satellite update: Hi!I have an old Toshiba laptop i received it when i was a kid so i had no knowledge of computers or anything else, Now i have some knowledge i want to update it but it seems that the manufacture website does not offer that much for windows 10 other than a bios update but...
  6. Toshiba satellite L500 keyboard not working after windows 10 update

Toshiba satellite L500 keyboard not working after windows 10 update: I have a Satellite L500 laptop since the last windows update the Laptop keyboard is not working. Through every thing many hours on the internet and I have found the same problem posted in here. I have tried the solution with out success. [ATTACH] Windows does not see the...
  7. cd/dvd toshiba satellite serial number 4B332241K

cd/dvd toshiba satellite serial number 4B332241K: CD/DVD does not work windows 10 cannot get driver to work I have a optiarc dvd rw ad7713h on my computer Please HELP https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cddvd-toshiba-satellite-serial-number-4b332241k/0d9e66b2-5b89-48ac-b6b0-36700d6c438f
  8. Toshiba satellite laptop windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Toshiba satellite laptop windows 10: A corrupt update is in my restore and I cant restore or do anything because it wipe out my computer but i can still get on it what can i do to fix it Toshiba satellite laptop...
  9. Toshiba satellite windows 10

Toshiba satellite windows 10: f9 & f10 don't control sound up and down since small crash HELP! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/toshiba-satellite-windows-10/991b5441-2cfe-4b00-88b6-5bd837be5119
  10. My toshiba satellite laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My toshiba satellite laptop: Windows freezes up and i’ve tried all the tricks on resetting but it won’t even let me log off. Have to turn off manully. At my wits end. Can’t do nothing with it....