Windows 10: cd format

Discus and support cd format in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; How do I format a cd? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cd-format/16adbc88-c8f6-45b1-8517-f8e50faf407f Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MaryStiverson, Mar 22, 2019.

1. cd format

How do I format a cd?

:)

MaryStiverson, Mar 22, 2019
  2. Fernandz Win User

How To Format A Write Protected Flash Memory ?

¿You already tried this one?...

Run CMD

1. diskpart
    2. list disk

Then in the 3º step, put the correct number of disk in the list for the usb flash (if it's listed in disk 3, then you'll have to write select disk 3).

2. select disk #
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

with that commands you will format the flash drive in fat32, if you have a large drive you can select also "format fs=ntfs" in step 7.

good luck!

Fernandz, Mar 22, 2019
  3. Win 10 fails to format cd-r

Hi Clarky,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are unable to format the CD/DVD to the right format to play the audio. We will help you.

To assist you better, I suggest you to answer the below questions.

• How are you trying to burn the CD/DVD?
    • Are you using any third party software to burn it to audio media?
    • Are you getting any error messages/Codes?
    Please post to us with more information to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Mar 22, 2019
  4. Pinchy Win User

cd format

Formating Harddrive

What you have to do:

1. Make sure your CD-ROM is set to first boot device, before the hard drive.
    2. Put in the recovery CD and start your comp up.
    3. When it says "Press any key to boot from disk" press a key.
    4. Follow the instructions. Im going to format a comp sometime within the next 2 hours, so i'll post step by step if you need it.

Im pretty sure the recovery CD's work the same as the Windows CD. It all depends on the actual CD, but generally they do.

Pinchy, Mar 22, 2019
Thema:

cd format

1. cd format - Similar Threads - format

2. How to format device while retaining Windows 11 and Office 365 licenses?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to format device while retaining Windows 11 and Office 365 licenses?: Hello, I want to reset my format my device, deleting all apps and files, and freshly reinstall the operating system. But I am afraid I will lose my Windows 11 and especially my Office 365 license which came with my laptop when I purchased it. Any help on how to format the...
  3. How to format device while retaining Windows 11 and Office 365 licenses?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to format device while retaining Windows 11 and Office 365 licenses?: Hello, I want to reset my format my device, deleting all apps and files, and freshly reinstall the operating system. But I am afraid I will lose my Windows 11 and especially my Office 365 license which came with my laptop when I purchased it. Any help on how to format the...
  4. PowerToys changes format to HEIC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PowerToys changes format to HEIC: - Installed PowerToys to Windows 11.- Took photos that were transferred from iPhone to Windows 11 and resized them.- Photos has a HEIC format but opened fine on Laptop.- Checked PowerToys settings, and Image Resizer settings but couldn't find anything to suggest that they...
  5. PowerToys changes format to HEIC

PowerToys changes format to HEIC: - Installed PowerToys to Windows 11.- Took photos that were transferred from iPhone to Windows 11 and resized them.- Photos has a HEIC format but opened fine on Laptop.- Checked PowerToys settings, and Image Resizer settings but couldn't find anything to suggest that they...
  6. When I email a document I made with Ultra Office, the document is altered. The format that...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    When I email a document I made with Ultra Office, the document is altered. The format that...: When I email a document I made with Ultra Office, the document is altered. The format that I sent is reformatted when it arrives to the recipient. How do I fix this?...
  7. When I email a document I made with Ultra Office, the document is altered. The format that...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I email a document I made with Ultra Office, the document is altered. The format that...: When I email a document I made with Ultra Office, the document is altered. The format that I sent is reformatted when it arrives to the recipient. How do I fix this?...
  8. When I email a document I made with Ultra Office, the document is altered. The format that...

9. Very old seagate drive 1TB - Can't access it and can't format it. Cant remember what's...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Very old seagate drive 1TB - Can't access it and can't format it. Cant remember what's...: My seagate drive is not showing up under devices and drives in the "this pc" menu, so I can't access it, but it is showing up in device manager and disk managment.I'm fairly sure it is corrupted as it shows up unnamed in disk manager and there is no "NFTS".screenshot failed...
  10. Very old seagate drive 1TB - Can't access it and can't format it. Cant remember what's...

Very old seagate drive 1TB - Can't access it and can't format it. Cant remember what's...: My seagate drive is not showing up under devices and drives in the "this pc" menu, so I can't access it, but it is showing up in device manager and disk managment.I'm fairly sure it is corrupted as it shows up unnamed in disk manager and there is no "NFTS".screenshot failed...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cd format