Windows 10: CD games keep frequently going active and inactive every second

Discus and support CD games keep frequently going active and inactive every second in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I've just noticed this when trying to run game CDs on my Windows 10 PC, all the active windows including the game "window" itself keep constantly... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by SameOldSuitSince1962, Jul 19, 2021.

1. CD games keep frequently going active and inactive every second

I've just noticed this when trying to run game CDs on my Windows 10 PC, all the active windows including the game "window" itself keep constantly switching between active and inactive every second. For example, when installing them, the little popups that open during the installation process have this problem. The games themselves install just fine, but when I try to play them, the same problem occurs - the game keeps frequently cutting in and out of activity and inactivity, like the game's "window" was constantly going between being active and inactive. How do I fix this? This is very annoy

:)

SameOldSuitSince1962, Jul 19, 2021

2. Cd Game not loading

Tried to use Administrator but the cd won't or can't be acknowledged. I have even tried a DVD and that has now the same action.

Is there something else going on that I am unaware of? Have run Anti-virus checker and checked for Malware but nothing.

Been on-line to games-workshop and did as they suggested but again nothing happened. I cannot access the cd/dvd Setup.exe file to even try to manually activate the files.

Anymore suggestions?

Thank you for responding to my plea for help.

JJ

JohnEJenkins, Jul 19, 2021
  3. Rhen Pal Win User
    RIP CDs

Hi,

We suggest that you perform these steps and check if the issue persists:

• Press "Windows" + "E" button on the keyboard.
    • Go to "View > Navigation pane" and select "Show libraries".
    • Now in the navigation pane, right-click on the "Music" library under "Libraries" and select "Delete".
    • Now right-click on the "Libraries" and select "Restore default libraries".
    • Now try to rip.

We also suggest that you refer to this link. Burn and rip CDs.

Regards.

Rhen Pal, Jul 19, 2021
  4. Necromar Win User

CD games keep frequently going active and inactive every second

Inactivate second gpu sli

Hey gyus.

I have the system as listed below:

Mobo: Asus striker II extreme sli
    Ram: 4 gb 1333 Mhz
    cpu: core 2 duo E8400
    Ssd 120 gb
    2 x gtx 550 ti
    Win 10 x64

So the problem is that i can see everywhere that my computer recognize my 2 gpus. But when i am trying to run my favorite game ( path of exile) it says that my second card is inactive.
    I have tried many solutions but i cannot work my second gpu.
    Any suggestions???

Thanks in advance!

Necromar, Jul 19, 2021
Thema:

CD games keep frequently going active and inactive every second

1. CD games keep frequently going active and inactive every second - Similar Threads - games keep frequently

2. Windows11 keep screen dimming just a second of inactivity

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows11 keep screen dimming just a second of inactivity: Dear, I just upgrade from Windows10 to Windows11. The process went perfectly and overall I satisfy with Windows11.Anyway, one problem that cannot be solve is the screen of my laptop keep dimming just a second of inactivity.Also the system put itself to sleep mode. I tried...
  3. Windows11 keep screen dimming just a second of inactivity

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows11 keep screen dimming just a second of inactivity: Dear, I just upgrade from Windows10 to Windows11. The process went perfectly and overall I satisfy with Windows11.Anyway, one problem that cannot be solve is the screen of my laptop keep dimming just a second of inactivity.Also the system put itself to sleep mode. I tried...
  4. Video games keeps freezing every few seconds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Video games keeps freezing every few seconds: Hello.When I'm playing any online video game, it keeps freezing every few seconds. For my other devices though Phone, Tablet, in the same room, everything seems to be fine, so I think the computer is causing this problem. I didn't have this problem before. I tried resetting...
  5. Video games keeps freezing every few seconds

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Video games keeps freezing every few seconds: Hello.When I'm playing any online video game, it keeps freezing every few seconds. For my other devices though Phone, Tablet, in the same room, everything seems to be fine, so I think the computer is causing this problem. I didn't have this problem before. I tried resetting...
  6. Second Monitor is "Inactive"

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Second Monitor is "Inactive": So I recently scored a 2nd 4k monitor. And it is connected via displayport. Randomly, the screen will turn off. It shows up in nvidia control panel and the checkbox to enable it will turn grey and uncheckable. In windows settings will say it is "inactive". I have tried...
  7. Windows 10 activate every 45 seconds

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 activate every 45 seconds: Hello can anyone please help me my windows 10 laptop every 45 seconds or so keeps saying: Your windows license will expire soon go to settings to activate windows this stops me from being able to play my games and is very annoying please help me and thanks...
  8. Second monitor keeps going to sleep.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Second monitor keeps going to sleep.: Hi, I have connected a monitor to my laptop with a HDMI cord, When i am using the second screenmonitor as primary, I have Spotify playing but if there is no activity within 5 minutes the screen goes black. when I press the keyboard the screen comes back, and the music had...
  9. Subscription going active and Inactive

in Windows 10 Customization
    Subscription going active and Inactive: Hello i have a question about Windows Event Forwarding. i was able to set it up and used the Source initiated collector method and added servers successfully to my subscription. My only problem is that most of the devices added show active and then goes inactive and...
  10. Steam LEGO games keep freezing every couple of seconds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Steam LEGO games keep freezing every couple of seconds: Hello, I recently purchased LEGO Jurassic World from Steam. On one computer, it runs perfectly fine; but on another computer, which runs games far better, it freezes every couple of seconds. The computer runs other games without any difficulty at all, but when it runs LEGO...