Windows 10: cd "lost" in drive

Discus and support cd "lost" in drive in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello My brand new Dell sucked up my printer cd. It's weird, I can get the door to the drive open, but no cd. Guess I didn't have it in tight... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by LoriG16, Jan 25, 2019.

1. LoriG16 Win User

cd "lost" in drive

Hello

My brand new Dell sucked up my printer cd. It's weird, I can get the door to the drive open, but no cd. Guess I didn't have it in tight enough...how do I take the top cover off? Or any suggestions?? I tried eject, etc...door will open, but again, the cd is stuck inside.

:)

LoriG16, Jan 25, 2019
  2. newtekie1 Win User

CD drive error

1) Close all open programs
    2) Click on Start, Run, and type REGEDIT and press Enter
    3) Click on the plus signs (+) next to the following folders

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
    SYSTEM
    CurrentControlSet
    Control
    Class
    {4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}
    4) This folder is the DVD/CD-ROM Drive Class Description in the registry. Look for any of the following names in the right hand column.

UpperFilters
    LowerFilters
    UpperFilters.bak
    LowerFilters.bak
    5) If any of the above keys shown in step 4 are listed, right-click on them and choose Delete
    6) After deleting the keys, close the Registry Editor
    7) Reboot your computer
    8) Open My Computer and check to see if your CD or DVD drives have returned. You may also want to open Device Manager and verify that the yellow exclamation and error code on the CD or DVD drive is gone.

And it likely has something to do with the emulated drive you have listed there.

newtekie1, Jan 25, 2019
  3. Lost DVD/CD drive in Windows 10.

Hi Lawrence,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We will assist you in resolving your issue.

Step 1: I suggest you to run the
    Hardware and Devices
    troubleshooter by following the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

• Press Windows icon key on the keyboard, type Troubleshooting and select the top most search result.
    • Click on View all from left side panel of the screen.
    • Select Hardware and Devices, click on
      Advanced option and check Apply repairs automatically
      option.
    • Follow the on screen instructions.

Step 2: If the issue persist, I suggest you to uninstall the
    DVD/CD drivers from the device manager by following the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

• Press Windows icon key on the keyboard, type device manager and select the top most search result.
    • Expand DVD/CD ROM drives, right click on the driver and select
      Uninstall option.
    • Restart the PC for the Windows to install the DVD/Cd drivers automatically and check if the changes are effective.

Get back to us if you are facing further issues, we will be happy to assist.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Jan 25, 2019
  4. KomouPoji Win User

cd "lost" in drive

how to copy files from the CD to the Computer drive

Hi Hankriegler,

I would suggest you to follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X.

• Click file explorer from the list.

• Select the CD/DVD drive and hit Enter.

• Select the files you want to copy from the CD/DVD, then select the drive where you want to paste or save.
    I hope the information is helpful.

Thank you.

KomouPoji, Jan 25, 2019
Thema:

cd "lost" in drive

1. cd "lost" in drive - Similar Threads - lost drive

2. I think I lost a partition on my external hard drive after a recent Windows update. Is...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I think I lost a partition on my external hard drive after a recent Windows update. Is...: After a recent Windows update, it seems like I've lost access to a partition on my external hard drive. This partition stored important files like work documents and personal photos. I'm worried about recovering it and accessing my data again. My computer runs on Windows....
  3. I think I lost a partition on my external hard drive after a recent Windows update. Is...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I think I lost a partition on my external hard drive after a recent Windows update. Is...: After a recent Windows update, it seems like I've lost access to a partition on my external hard drive. This partition stored important files like work documents and personal photos. I'm worried about recovering it and accessing my data again. My computer runs on Windows....
  4. How can I recover hidden files lost during extending my C drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I recover hidden files lost during extending my C drive?: I was extending my C drives space and I followed a youtube tutorial. I shrinked my D drive and extracted 30 GB space from it and created a new volume E. Then I Ctrl+C : Ctrl+V 'ed Copied my contents in D Drive to newly created volume. Now I formated the D drive after that I...
  5. How can I recover hidden files lost during extending my C drive?

How can I recover hidden files lost during extending my C drive?: I was extending my C drives space and I followed a youtube tutorial. I shrinked my D drive and extracted 30 GB space from it and created a new volume E. Then I Ctrl+C : Ctrl+V 'ed Copied my contents in D Drive to newly created volume. Now I formated the D drive after that I...
  6. How can I recover hidden files lost during extending my C drive?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. I lost my D drive can someone help?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I lost my D drive can someone help?: I lost my D drive a couple months ago and I have tried everything to get it back. Its not in my File explorer and its not in disk management even when I rescan. I also have no restore points. Could someone help?...
  8. I lost my D drive can someone help?

I lost my D drive can someone help?: I lost my D drive a couple months ago and I have tried everything to get it back. Its not in my File explorer and its not in disk management even when I rescan. I also have no restore points. Could someone help?...
  9. I lost my D drive can someone help?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  10. Is there a way to access my lost hard drive without using it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a way to access my lost hard drive without using it: A while ago I lost my hard drive and was unable to find it and recently my hard disk was cleaned by accident and I was unable to use my hard drive to restore my lost data....