Windows 10: cd or disk drive opening

Discus and support cd or disk drive opening in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi please assist on how to open a disk drive on Lenovo window 10 laptop * Moved from Community Participation Center... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by mayisane, Feb 10, 2019.

1. mayisane Win User

cd or disk drive opening

Hi

please assist on how to open a disk drive on Lenovo window 10 laptop

* Moved from Community Participation Center

:)

mayisane, Feb 10, 2019
  2. newtekie1 Win User

CD drive error

1) Close all open programs
    2) Click on Start, Run, and type REGEDIT and press Enter
    3) Click on the plus signs (+) next to the following folders

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
    SYSTEM
    CurrentControlSet
    Control
    Class
    {4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}
    4) This folder is the DVD/CD-ROM Drive Class Description in the registry. Look for any of the following names in the right hand column.

UpperFilters
    LowerFilters
    UpperFilters.bak
    LowerFilters.bak
    5) If any of the above keys shown in step 4 are listed, right-click on them and choose Delete
    6) After deleting the keys, close the Registry Editor
    7) Reboot your computer
    8) Open My Computer and check to see if your CD or DVD drives have returned. You may also want to open Device Manager and verify that the yellow exclamation and error code on the CD or DVD drive is gone.

And it likely has something to do with the emulated drive you have listed there.

newtekie1, Feb 10, 2019
  3. CD drive opens when trying to burn a disk

Hi,

There are still other factors causing your DVD-RW drive to eject which we would need to check. These may include faulty hardware, CD/DVD burning software, operating system, driver, or even with the discs. To further identify the root cause of your concern,
    kindly provide us details to the following:

• What are the specific steps which you usually do to burn data to the discs?
    • Have you attempted use other CD/DVD burning software?
    • Screenshot of the error which you are getting.

This article may be for a different scenario where the CD/DVD drive itself is not detected but the steps listed here may also help with your concern:

Your CD or DVD drive is not recognized by Windows or other programs.

Don't hesitate to update us if you need further assistance.

Best regards,

Roberto Ven, Feb 10, 2019
  4. cd or disk drive opening

DVD/ CD Drive doesn't recognise disks

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it fixes the issue.

Method 1: Run Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter

Follow these steps to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter:

• Press Windows key + W and type troubleshooting.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click Hardware and Devices.
    • Follow the on-screen instruction to run the troubleshooter.
    Method 2: Check if the DVD drive is getting detected in Disk Management

Refer the steps below to open disc management:

• Press Windows key + X.
    • Click on Disk Management.
    • Click on Actions and click on rescan disks and click on
      Refresh and check if issue persists.
    If there is no drive letter assigned, I suggest you right click on the DVD drive and assign a drive letter and check if it helps:

Method 3

Try to access the computer manufacturer's website and download the latest chipset drivers for your computer and install the same.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Feb 10, 2019
Thema:

cd or disk drive opening

1. cd or disk drive opening - Similar Threads - disk drive opening

2. Cd drive is automatically opening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cd drive is automatically opening: My laptop's CD drive is automatically opening and I tried every hing like scanned for viruseslooking for unusual app installs or tasks running in background, but the problem is still onplease respond quickly...
  3. Cd drive is automatically opening

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cd drive is automatically opening: My laptop's CD drive is automatically opening and I tried every hing like scanned for viruseslooking for unusual app installs or tasks running in background, but the problem is still onplease respond quickly...
  4. CD DISK

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    CD DISK: Hello can someone help me I'm currently using a windows 10 pro I'm having a problem with my cd disk in the desktop my cd disk open and doesn't go back to the disk it is just stuck even the button and at file explorer i cant find cd disk even in disk management i tried scan...
  5. CD Drive changes into local disk

CD Drive changes into local disk: hello, I'm facing a problem in windows 10 , my CD drive changes into Local Disk , I mean to say that my cd rom drive is now showing Local disk G . plz help me fix this problem .[ATTACH]...
  6. I can not open the cd/dvd disk drive.

I can not open the cd/dvd disk drive.: I can not open the cd/dvd disk drive. There is no button to push. The computer is a dell vastro. Its a CPU not laptop. So please any one help me regarding this issue.Thanks for your forthcoming response....
  7. Disk drive opening

Disk drive opening: My disc drive opens by itself. Can this be fixed? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disk-drive-opening/769f0a19-c324-4322-992d-7b815f982161
  8. When to open CD drive?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    When to open CD drive?: I'm in the process of upgrading 10 to build 10586. At what point should I open the CD drive, before the first restart? THanks 46069
  9. DVD/CD SATA drive not reading disks

DVD/CD SATA drive not reading disks: Since I upgraded to windows 10 my SATA DVD/CD RW will not work. I insert a disk the light come on showing it is reading. 2. when I click to dvd drive , appears a dialoge box stating "Insert Disk" . So I am unable to use and cd to read/install any of my software. Also I have...
  10. DVD/CD SATA drive not reading disks

DVD/CD SATA drive not reading disks: Since upgrading my SATA DVD/CD RW will not work. I insert a disk the light come on showing it is reading and than the drive opens and the pop up box appears stating "Insert Disk" . So I cannot install any of my software. I have read that a lot of people are having the same...