Windows 10: CD Ripping Errors

Discus and support CD Ripping Errors in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have two DVD drives and one Blu-ray drive on my computer. The DVD drives can rip just fine to Windows Media Player, however the Blu-ray drive cannot.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by JOSHSKORN, Jun 14, 2019.

1. JOSHSKORN Win User

CD Ripping Errors

I have two DVD drives and one Blu-ray drive on my computer. The DVD drives can rip just fine to Windows Media Player, however the Blu-ray drive cannot. When clicking the RIP button, each track has errors. I feel like the problem is sporadic. Why does this happen and how can I fix it, if possible?

:)

JOSHSKORN, Jun 14, 2019
  2. Rhen Pal Win User

RIP CDs

Hi,

We suggest that you perform these steps and check if the issue persists:

• Press "Windows" + "E" button on the keyboard.
    • Go to "View > Navigation pane" and select "Show libraries".
    • Now in the navigation pane, right-click on the "Music" library under "Libraries" and select "Delete".
    • Now right-click on the "Libraries" and select "Restore default libraries".
    • Now try to rip.

We also suggest that you refer to this link. Burn and rip CDs.

Regards.

Rhen Pal, Jun 14, 2019
  3. JOSHSKORN Win User
    3 CD Drives - Error When Ripping Simultaneously

First of all, not sure where to post this, so I dropped it here.

When I'm ripping CDs, I use Windows Media Player. Usually, I'll put a CD in each of my 3 CD drives and rip them all at once. It's been happening lately, but intermittently, when I attempt to rip the CD, every track listed on the CD comes out with an error. So far, the solution has been to use only one drive for ripping. I'm also not sure if this is consistent or not, but it seems to work fine, all 3 drives dripping simultaneously until after the first rip.

So, I don't know if this is a problem with Windows 10, Windows Media Player, or if my CD drives are just plugged in, incorrectly. Any advice?

JOSHSKORN, Jun 14, 2019
  4. CD Ripping Errors

MEDIA PLAYER- unable to play or rip cd's

Hi Christine,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We regret the inconvenience caused to you. We will be glad to assist you with the issue.

• Did you check if you are able to play using other CD'S?
    • What is the exact error message or code you receive when you try to play the cd or try to Rip?

For now let's try the below steps and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to check if the rip settings are set correctly as mentioned in this article:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/change-settings-for-ripping-music

Method 2:

I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the Windows Media player and check if the issue persists. Refer to these steps to uninstall and reinstall Windows Media player:

• Press Window key + F, select “Settings’ tab below the search box.
    • Type “Turn Windows features ON or OFF” and click on the tile with the same name.
    • Now, expand the “Media features” and uncheck the box against “Windows Media player”.
    • Restart the computer.
    • Now follow the same steps and check the box against “Windows Media player” and
      restart the computer to reinstall.
    • Check if the issue persists.

Hope it helps. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Jun 14, 2019
Thema:

CD Ripping Errors

1. CD Ripping Errors - Similar Threads - Ripping Errors

2. read errors when ripping dvds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    read errors when ripping dvds: hello, lately, when i try to rip a purchased DVD to add to my plex library, i get a "there are read errors" message this happened when i bought the Mission Impossible tv series box set there are several DVDs where the error message appeared is this a disc issue or an issue...
  3. read errors when ripping dvds

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    read errors when ripping dvds: hello, lately, when i try to rip a purchased DVD to add to my plex library, i get a "there are read errors" message this happened when i bought the Mission Impossible tv series box set there are several DVDs where the error message appeared is this a disc issue or an issue...
  4. read errors when ripping dvds

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. WMP error when trying to rip a CD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WMP error when trying to rip a CD: I'm trying to rip a relatively old CD, and for some reason, WMP returns the "Windows Media Player cannot rip one or more tracks from the CD." error. I've already tried removing unavailable locations, the rip quality is set to maximum, the Error Correction setting is on, the...
  6. WMP error when trying to rip a CD

WMP error when trying to rip a CD: I'm trying to rip a relatively old CD, and for some reason, WMP returns the "Windows Media Player cannot rip one or more tracks from the CD." error. I've already tried removing unavailable locations, the rip quality is set to maximum, the Error Correction setting is on, the...
  7. error message says can not rip one or more songs when using windows media player

in Windows 10 Gaming
    error message says can not rip one or more songs when using windows media player: can not rip some cds . error message said can not rip one or more fies. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-message-says-can-not-rip-one-or-more-songs/a2087d21-d01d-4e5c-8626-c6f1b2c37b1e
  8. error message says can not rip one or more songs when using windows media player

error message says can not rip one or more songs when using windows media player: can not rip some cds . error message said can not rip one or more fies. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-message-says-can-not-rip-one-or-more-songs/a2087d21-d01d-4e5c-8626-c6f1b2c37b1e
  9. WMP CD ripping error

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WMP CD ripping error: I was Just in the proses of Ripping Music CDs to Microsoft Windows Media Player just when windows scanned the problem but this happened, this error appeared. How can I fix this problem? Microsoft Windows Media Player from have errors all of the time?...
  10. WMP CD ripping error

WMP CD ripping error: I was Just in the proses of Ripping Music CDs to Microsoft Windows Media Player just when windows scanned the problem but this happened, this error appeared. How can I fix this problem? Microsoft Windows Media Player from have errors all of the time?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows media player crashing on rip cd