Windows 10: CD-ROM disappeared in Windows 10

Discus and support CD-ROM disappeared in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; About a month ago, I received the "blue screen of death," so I had to reinstall Windows 10. About two weeks after reinstalling, I noticed my CD-ROM... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by KenHonken, Jan 2, 2021.

1. KenHonken Win User

CD-ROM disappeared in Windows 10

About a month ago, I received the "blue screen of death," so I had to reinstall Windows 10. About two weeks after reinstalling, I noticed my CD-ROM drive has disappeared from File Explorer. It also does not appear in Device Manager. I have checked the BIOS boot sequence, and the CD-ROM is there. The CD-ROM also does not appear in Safe Mode. There is, however, an unknown device in Device Manager that may be my CD-ROM, but I cannot figure out how to make Windows recognize it. I have uninstalled the items under the ATAPI Controller. There are not Upper Limits or Lower Limits to delete in the registry. The CD-ROM simply does not seem to want to install during boot. This is a built-in CD-ROM on a Lenovo Z50-75 I purchased about 5 years ago.

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

:)

KenHonken, Jan 2, 2021

2. DVD/CD Drive Saying CD-Rom

My Dvd drive is listed in my device manager however it is set as cd rom in the description, it also wont open and is not set as my default drive, any suggestions?

windows 10 if that changes anything

LukeRobson, Jan 2, 2021
  3. CD rom

Hi Eugenia,

There are numerous reasons for your CD ROM not to be recognized by your system like corrupted registry entries, outdated drivers, or hardware issue. To isolate such issue, we'd like to ask a few questions:

• Which build and version of Windows 10 is currently installed on your computer? To check, click the
      Start > Settings > System >
      About
    • Are you getting any error messages?
    • Were there any changes made on your computer settings prior to this issue?

You can also follow the steps
    here
    . The article lists all troubleshooting steps suitable for issues in recognizing CD drive.

We look forward to your response.

Angela Pun, Jan 2, 2021
  4. CD-ROM disappeared in Windows 10

CD Rom

If you have a desktop computer try the following step:

Shutdown the PC.

Unplug the data cable (ATA or SATA) and the power source (4 Pin Molex or SATA Power)

After boot the Windows 10 without CD Rom.

Shutdown the PC and connect the CD Rom.

Boot the OS.

Regards.

IT Guy Viki, Jan 2, 2021
Thema:

CD-ROM disappeared in Windows 10

1. CD-ROM disappeared in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - ROM disappeared

2. Check cable connection! PXE-MOF: Exiting Intel PXE ROM.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Check cable connection! PXE-MOF: Exiting Intel PXE ROM.: Check cable connection!PXE-MOF: Exiting Intel PXE ROM. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/check-cable-connection-pxe-mof-exiting-intel-pxe/468b45db-6eeb-4414-8358-0d4c41773054
  3. Check cable connection! PXE-MOF: Exiting Intel PXE ROM.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Check cable connection! PXE-MOF: Exiting Intel PXE ROM.: Check cable connection!PXE-MOF: Exiting Intel PXE ROM. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/check-cable-connection-pxe-mof-exiting-intel-pxe/468b45db-6eeb-4414-8358-0d4c41773054
  4. Check cable connection! PXE-MOF: Exiting Intel PXE ROM.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Is there still any solutions for dvd cd rom issue for W10 that suddenly disappeared?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there still any solutions for dvd cd rom issue for W10 that suddenly disappeared?: I must've had this issue hanging on for sum years and pretty much tried everything and not able to solve the cd rom that mysteriously disappeared. I saw an article here about someone who had the same issue and finally got it fixed. Help!...
  6. Is there still any solutions for dvd cd rom issue for W10 that suddenly disappeared?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Is there still any solutions for dvd cd rom issue for W10 that suddenly disappeared?: I must've had this issue hanging on for sum years and pretty much tried everything and not able to solve the cd rom that mysteriously disappeared. I saw an article here about someone who had the same issue and finally got it fixed. Help!...
  7. Is there still any solutions for dvd cd rom issue for W10 that suddenly disappeared?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. DVD/CD-ROM drive letter has disappeared from the left panel of Windows Explorer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    DVD/CD-ROM drive letter has disappeared from the left panel of Windows Explorer: Hi everyone, I've been through very painful process of re-formating my microSD-card by using Windows standard tools, such as diskmgmt.msc and DISKPART utilities. Unfortunately, re-formating has failed a few times in a row because the card is protected or damaged or whatever...
  9. cd/dvd rom disappearing sense update 1903

cd/dvd rom disappearing sense update 1903: I am a system builder I know hardware very well but not software. But the one complaint I have gotten over and over again since the 1903 update is cd/dvd rom stopping working I myself have three of my own computers with the same problem. How can I get my cd/dvd rom's...
  10. CD-ROM Drive has disappeared - how to get it working again?

CD-ROM Drive has disappeared - how to get it working again?: HI, I have just noticed that my DVD Drive has disappeared off my Windows 10 PC. It is seen as a device in Device Manager but it has like an exclamation mark against it. When I right click it and go to the Driver Tab, then click and go to Properties, under the General Tab,...