Windows 10: cd rom doesnt read cd

Discus and support cd rom doesnt read cd in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; how can I get my cd rom to read my cds https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cd-rom-doesnt-read-cd/3669775c-9782-4b91-8cb8-963e4c4f60dc Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by jasonmerrell1, Nov 8, 2018.

1. cd rom doesnt read cd

how can I get my cd rom to read my cds

:)

jasonmerrell1, Nov 8, 2018

2. CD-ROM not reading any disks

We appreciate the information that you've provided. Our next step is to consider the following methods below:

• Manually update your DVD/CD-ROM driver. There are cases wherein automatic update doesn't install the compatible driver to your device. To do this, check your device support site and ensure that you've downloaded and installed the appropriate
      driver for your device.
    • Run the hardware troubleshooter to scan and automatically fix any errors preventing your
      DVD/CD-ROM to work properly. Here are the steps on how to run the troubleshooter:
      • Type Troubleshoot in the search box and press Enter.
      • Select Hardware and Devices.
      • Click Run the troubleshooter.
      • Allow the scan to complete, and then follow the on-screen instructions to complete the fix.
    • Try another CD/DVD for further isolation. If your device was able recognize other
      CD/DVD then the issue is not hardware related.

Feel free to post back if you encounter any challenges along the process.

Darwin Dim, Nov 8, 2018
  3. My cd rom can't read my cd's/dvd's

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern, I would recommend you to manually update DVD/CD-ROM driver from the
    Device Manager.

Step 1: Please refer to the following Wiki article created by Andre Da Costa on
    how to Install and Update drivers in Windows 10.

How to: Install and Update Hardware Drivers in Windows 10

If the issue persists then follow the below method.

Step 2: I suggest you to uninstall the DVD/CD-ROM driver from the Device Manager and check.

Follow the steps to uninstall the driver.

• Right click on Start button and click on Device Manager.

• Search for DVD/CD-ROM driver and expand it.

• Right click the device, and click Uninstall.

• Restart the computer.

• Right click your computer name in Device Manager and click
      Scan for hardware changes. Device manager scans your system and automatically reinstalls your device.
    If the issue still persists then, I would recommend you to download and install the latest DVD/CD-ROM driver in compatibility mode from the manufacturer and check if it works.

Regards.

SujataMoktan, Nov 8, 2018
  4. cd rom doesnt read cd

CD rom

Hi Eugenia,

There are numerous reasons for your CD ROM not to be recognized by your system like corrupted registry entries, outdated drivers, or hardware issue. To isolate such issue, we'd like to ask a few questions:

• Which build and version of Windows 10 is currently installed on your computer? To check, click the
      Start > Settings > System >
      About
    • Are you getting any error messages?
    • Were there any changes made on your computer settings prior to this issue?

You can also follow the steps
    here
    . The article lists all troubleshooting steps suitable for issues in recognizing CD drive.

We look forward to your response.

Angela Pun, Nov 8, 2018
Thema:

cd rom doesnt read cd

1. cd rom doesnt read cd - Similar Threads - rom doesnt read

2. cd rom

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cd rom: I have tried every suggestion on how to get windows 10 to recognize my cd drive,but nothing works. Is there any way to have microsoft correct this problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cd-rom/24c94139-11c5-4287-baff-1155b368f717
  3. cd rom

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cd rom: I have tried every suggestion on how to get windows 10 to recognize my cd drive,but nothing works. Is there any way to have microsoft correct this problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cd-rom/24c94139-11c5-4287-baff-1155b368f717
  4. CD Rom

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    CD Rom: I cannot open any of my word documents since I purchase a new office 365 can you help please. The message is saying there might be something wrong with my CD Rom drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cd-rom/d4ad6025-8f38-4e94-9fb8-8e23ccacea88
  5. dvd/CD rom not reading

dvd/CD rom not reading: operating system : win 10 64 bit dvd/cd rom drives: matshita dvd-ram uj8b0 device status: This device is working properly i uninstalled all antivirus programs still not reading discs i uninstalled and reinstalled still not reading any DVD OR CD I DID SEARCH FOR...
  6. CD Rom

CD Rom: I have a Lenovo laptop which is running off of Windows 10. I updated my computer some tome ago where ever since, I cannot play any DVD's. I have tried to diagnose the problem for months now and I am at a loss. My driver says that it is working properly and is up to date,...
  7. cd rom

cd rom: put cd in pc but can not find it at all, other bought cds normally comes up automatically, want to transfer it to my photos this is a cd made from a camcorder https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cd-rom/cf75d50f-69d8-44f1-b0f1-f44e86610239
  8. CD Rom

CD Rom: The D drive (CD Rom) appears in the explorer but I can't have it display the info on the disc. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cd-rom/4810c955-de87-4f6c-8106-7ede083218d8
  9. cd rom

cd rom: hi, I installed a cd rom about 6 months ago, and never really ever had it work correctly. I put a information cd in and it will not load. I checked the device manager to confirm it is in the list, and I have removed/ reinstalled drivers several times....
  10. DVD/CD-ROM Read Problems

DVD/CD-ROM Read Problems: Hi: I have just come across a funny one. I have a program that I wanted to install into my Win 10 Pro Machine (64 Bit) and have found that the disk can not be read by the DVD/CD-ROM Drive. I also tried it in another Windows 10 Computer (64 Bit) and it also can't read...