Windows 10: cd rom doesnt read cd

Discus and support cd rom doesnt read cd in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; how can I get my cd rom to read my cds https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cd-rom-doesnt-read-cd/3669775c-9782-4b91-8cb8-963e4c4f60dc Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by jasonmerrell1, Nov 8, 2018 at 7:43 PM.

1. jasonmerrell1 Win User

cd rom doesnt read cd

how can I get my cd rom to read my cds

:)

jasonmerrell1, Nov 8, 2018 at 7:43 PM
  2. Darwin Dim Win User

CD-ROM not reading any disks

We appreciate the information that you've provided. Our next step is to consider the following methods below:

• Manually update your DVD/CD-ROM driver. There are cases wherein automatic update doesn't install the compatible driver to your device. To do this, check your device support site and ensure that you've downloaded and installed the appropriate
      driver for your device.
    • Run the hardware troubleshooter to scan and automatically fix any errors preventing your
      DVD/CD-ROM to work properly. Here are the steps on how to run the troubleshooter:
      • Type Troubleshoot in the search box and press Enter.
      • Select Hardware and Devices.
      • Click Run the troubleshooter.
      • Allow the scan to complete, and then follow the on-screen instructions to complete the fix.
    • Try another CD/DVD for further isolation. If your device was able recognize other
      CD/DVD then the issue is not hardware related.

Feel free to post back if you encounter any challenges along the process.

3. SujataMoktan Win User
    My cd rom can't read my cd's/dvd's

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern, I would recommend you to manually update DVD/CD-ROM driver from the
    Device Manager.

Step 1: Please refer to the following Wiki article created by Andre Da Costa on
    how to Install and Update drivers in Windows 10.

How to: Install and Update Hardware Drivers in Windows 10

If the issue persists then follow the below method.

Step 2: I suggest you to uninstall the DVD/CD-ROM driver from the Device Manager and check.

Follow the steps to uninstall the driver.

• Right click on Start button and click on Device Manager.

• Search for DVD/CD-ROM driver and expand it.

• Right click the device, and click Uninstall.

• Restart the computer.

• Right click your computer name in Device Manager and click
      Scan for hardware changes. Device manager scans your system and automatically reinstalls your device.
    If the issue still persists then, I would recommend you to download and install the latest DVD/CD-ROM driver in compatibility mode from the manufacturer and check if it works.

Regards.

SujataMoktan, Nov 8, 2018 at 7:46 PM
  4. Angela Pun Win User

cd rom doesnt read cd

CD rom

Hi Eugenia,

There are numerous reasons for your CD ROM not to be recognized by your system like corrupted registry entries, outdated drivers, or hardware issue. To isolate such issue, we'd like to ask a few questions:

• Which build and version of Windows 10 is currently installed on your computer? To check, click the
      Start > Settings > System >
      About
    • Are you getting any error messages?
    • Were there any changes made on your computer settings prior to this issue?

You can also follow the steps
    here
    . The article lists all troubleshooting steps suitable for issues in recognizing CD drive.

We look forward to your response.

Thema:

cd rom doesnt read cd

1. cd rom doesnt read cd - Similar Threads - rom doesnt read

2. CD-ROM

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    CD-ROM: I still need to know how I can solve this? All of the advice I have tried has not worked.[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cd-rom/3e2b75ed-58fe-47c3-95f6-38e6e6da5ec9
  3. CD-Rom not working

CD-Rom not working: I was having a lot of problems with my laptop so I did a Fresh Install of Windows 10 and it solved the majority of them, but the CD-Rom drive is no longer working and I have used the troubleshooters and all of the advice I was able to find on line but nothing worked. I have...
  4. CD ROM PLAYER

CD ROM PLAYER: HOW CD ROM PLAYS DISC WITH MUSIC? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/cd-rom-player/000a7935-32ab-49aa-9cc3-594b8a7f4b76
  5. DVD/CD rom

DVD/CD rom: My DVD/CD player is constantly running. I have hundreds of irreplaceable pictures on it and I'm afraid to eject the DVD for fear of losing all these pictures. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/dvdcd-rom/dc8fdc32-ac8b-4d00-8a14-953fe64eb3f6
  6. cd rom

in Windows 10 Customization
    cd rom: How do I play a dvd I know it sounds stupid but it just won't play. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_desk/cd-rom/25d9e37f-93bd-4eb4-b5ea-ca936cd7d18a
  7. CD Rom Drive

CD Rom Drive: My CD Rom drive will not read any CD or DVD. I've tried unintalling, etc. to no avail. Help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/cd-rom-drive/b536efd0-4a95-478f-9149-50cdd5c7b681
  8. DVD/CD-ROM Read Problems

DVD/CD-ROM Read Problems: Hi: I have just come across a funny one. I have a program that I wanted to install into my Win 10 Pro Machine (64 Bit) and have found that the disk can not be read by the DVD/CD-ROM Drive. I also tried it in another Windows 10 Computer (64 Bit) and it also can't read...
  9. CD-Rom Dictionary not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CD-Rom Dictionary not working: Hello, I used to run this program from my windows XP and through windows 8.1. It is an English-Italian dictionary from Zanichelli called Ragazzini version 2003. Before windows 10, In order to NOT have the original cd always in my drive I did an image with daemon tools,...
  10. CD/DVD ROM not recognized

CD/DVD ROM not recognized: Hello everyone! Yesterday I inserted a CD to install driver for my new headset. The CD-R open, close normally and I also heard the CD spinning. But not thing happened in my laptop at all. I checked This PC: no CD drive (before upgraded to win 10, I had installed win 8.1 and...