Windows 10: CD ROM Drive does not read a disc

Discus and support CD ROM Drive does not read a disc in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I just purchased a new cd rom rw and the disk goes into the drive, but there is a file that is missing,can you help me get it working? My old cd rom... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by vietnmvetr, Apr 6, 2020.

1. CD ROM Drive does not read a disc

I just purchased a new cd rom rw and the disk goes into the drive, but there is a file that is missing,can you help me get it working? My old cd rom quit doing the same thing. I have recently upgraded to windows 10 from 8.1.

:)

vietnmvetr, Apr 6, 2020

2. CD/DVD Drive not reading discs

When going into the BD-ROM's properties it does mention the CD-ROM Drive

CD ROM Drive does not read a disc [​IMG]

I've tried both a CD and DVD discs but still no luck.

TriggerMulloy, Apr 6, 2020
  3. jds63 Win User
    CD/DVD Drive not reading discs

As i see BD-ROM in explorer and CD-ROM in Device Manager kind of odd, being recognized differently from explorer and Device Manager.
    Do not need a driver for an optical drive, but should show model number of the drive ,not a name like CD-ROM.
    Scan for hardware changes in Device Manager.

Try troubleshoot Hardware and Sound in control panel here

CD ROM Drive does not read a disc [​IMG]

jds63, Apr 6, 2020
  4. jds63 Win User

CD ROM Drive does not read a disc

CD/DVD Drive not reading discs

Your welcome ! Do you happen to know the manufacturer of this BD-ROM drive ? So no disc at all play, but hear them spin ? Did it originally come with system or did you upgrade it ?

jds63, Apr 6, 2020
Thema:

CD ROM Drive does not read a disc

1. CD ROM Drive does not read a disc - Similar Threads - ROM Drive does

2. CD Rom stops reading discs after Windows Update 2021

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CD Rom stops reading discs after Windows Update 2021: Since Christmas 2021 and all the Windows updates were installed all our Laptops/ Towers have stop reading Music CD'sThe drive is still shown in Devices and My PC, but when you put a disc in it errors with either please load a CD or please set action for CD in settingsThis has...
  3. CD Rom stops reading discs after Windows Update 2021

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    CD Rom stops reading discs after Windows Update 2021: Since Christmas 2021 and all the Windows updates were installed all our Laptops/ Towers have stop reading Music CD'sThe drive is still shown in Devices and My PC, but when you put a disc in it errors with either please load a CD or please set action for CD in settingsThis has...
  4. CD Rom stops reading discs after Windows Update 2021

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. dvd/CD rom not reading

dvd/CD rom not reading: operating system : win 10 64 bit dvd/cd rom drives: matshita dvd-ram uj8b0 device status: This device is working properly i uninstalled all antivirus programs still not reading discs i uninstalled and reinstalled still not reading any DVD OR CD I DID SEARCH FOR...
  6. CD-ROM drive

CD-ROM drive: My computer crashed after updating windows 10. I downloaded the ISO recover and got my computer reprogramed. But it never recovered my CD-ROM drive. I have the option of using it in my bios boot menu but no where else. How do I recover my CD-ROM drive on my computer....
  7. CD Rom drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CD Rom drive: I want to download a CD software disc. How do I open the CD Rom door in my HP computer with Microsoft 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cd-rom-drive/1edb8c00-609a-4e62-8b60-e133e97ec45c
  8. DVD/CD-ROM drive can't recognize disc

DVD/CD-ROM drive can't recognize disc: My optical drive is ATAPI iHAS124 F, and when I put a disc in, the disc doesn't show on File Explorer. When I try to open the disc in VLC Media Player, it doesn't load, and if I select DVD RW Drive (E:) when it has the disc, it would show the hourglass and then not respond....
  9. cd rom doesnt read cd

cd rom doesnt read cd: how can I get my cd rom to read my cds https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cd-rom-doesnt-read-cd/3669775c-9782-4b91-8cb8-963e4c4f60dc
  10. CD/DVD Drive not reading discs

CD/DVD Drive not reading discs: Hello! Since upgrading to Windows 10 my PC has been unable to read any CD/DVD disc I put in. I hear it spinning so I doubt there's any problem with the CD/DVD Drive itself. [img] I was thinking it could be a driver issue, but there doesn't seem like there's any...