Windows 10: CD Rom Drive

Discus and support CD Rom Drive in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My CD Rom drive will not read any CD or DVD. I've tried unintalling, etc. to no avail. Help!... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by aagigi, Jul 17, 2018.

1. aagigi Win User

CD Rom Drive

My CD Rom drive will not read any CD or DVD. I've tried unintalling, etc. to no avail. Help!

:)

aagigi, Jul 17, 2018

2. DVD/CD Drive Saying CD-Rom

My Dvd drive is listed in my device manager however it is set as cd rom in the description, it also wont open and is not set as my default drive, any suggestions?

windows 10 if that changes anything

LukeRobson, Jul 17, 2018
  3. CD-ROM Drive Info.

Hi Dan,

What's the make and model of your CD/DVD Drive? Some manufacturers put a sticker on the device where the speed and other relevant information are indicated. However, you may look into the System Information of your PC to get more details about your CD-ROM.
    If the information is not available, then we suggest that you check the details from the manufacturer's website.

To check in System Information:

• In the Cortana search, search for System Information and open it.
    • Under System Summary, expand Components by clicking the
      + sign.
    • Under Multimedia, click CD-ROM.
    • Look for the burning speed of your CD-ROM in the left pane.

If the burning speed is not indicated, then we suggest that you visit its manufacturer's website for more information about the device.

Let us know if you need further help.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Jul 17, 2018
  4. CD Rom Drive

CD rom

Hi Eugenia,

There are numerous reasons for your CD ROM not to be recognized by your system like corrupted registry entries, outdated drivers, or hardware issue. To isolate such issue, we'd like to ask a few questions:

• Which build and version of Windows 10 is currently installed on your computer? To check, click the
      Start > Settings > System >
      About
    • Are you getting any error messages?
    • Were there any changes made on your computer settings prior to this issue?

You can also follow the steps
    here
    . The article lists all troubleshooting steps suitable for issues in recognizing CD drive.

We look forward to your response.

Angela Pun, Jul 17, 2018
Thema:

CD Rom Drive

1. CD Rom Drive - Similar Threads - Rom Drive

2. My newly-reinstalled Windows 10 PC does not "see" the CD in my CD-ROM drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My newly-reinstalled Windows 10 PC does not "see" the CD in my CD-ROM drive: I recently had to reinstall Windows 10 on my laptop and one of the side effects has been its inability to recognize the CD in my drive. I click on the E:/ drive icon in This PC and it shows me a window telling me "Please insert disc into drive E:.", which I already have. I...
  3. My newly-reinstalled Windows 10 PC does not "see" the CD in my CD-ROM drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My newly-reinstalled Windows 10 PC does not "see" the CD in my CD-ROM drive: I recently had to reinstall Windows 10 on my laptop and one of the side effects has been its inability to recognize the CD in my drive. I click on the E:/ drive icon in This PC and it shows me a window telling me "Please insert disc into drive E:.", which I already have. I...
  4. My newly-reinstalled Windows 10 PC does not "see" the CD in my CD-ROM drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. windows only recognizes my in unit CD-DVD rom drive as an image burner?

windows only recognizes my in unit CD-DVD rom drive as an image burner?: Windows only recognizes my in unit CD-DVD rom as an image burner? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-only-recognizes-my-in-unit-cd-dvd-rom/aca95b8b-ddbb-461e-bce9-61ee39066b92
  6. windows only recognizes my in unit CD-DVD rom drive as an image burner?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    windows only recognizes my in unit CD-DVD rom drive as an image burner?: Windows only recognizes my in unit CD-DVD rom as an image burner? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-only-recognizes-my-in-unit-cd-dvd-rom/aca95b8b-ddbb-461e-bce9-61ee39066b92
  7. windows only recognizes my in unit CD-DVD rom drive as an image burner?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Windows 11 Recognizing Blu-ray Drive as CD/DVD-ROM

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Recognizing Blu-ray Drive as CD/DVD-ROM: Hi,I take part of the blame of this as I bought a "cheap" Blu-ray drive, but this is driving me mad. Windows 11 recognizes the drive, but only as a CD/DVD-ROM. It recognizes CDs and DVDs, but not a Blu-ray. I've tried updating drivers through Windows but it insists the "best...
  9. Windows 11 Recognizing Blu-ray Drive as CD/DVD-ROM

Windows 11 Recognizing Blu-ray Drive as CD/DVD-ROM: Hi,I take part of the blame of this as I bought a "cheap" Blu-ray drive, but this is driving me mad. Windows 11 recognizes the drive, but only as a CD/DVD-ROM. It recognizes CDs and DVDs, but not a Blu-ray. I've tried updating drivers through Windows but it insists the "best...
  10. CD-ROM Volume suddenly showing in Optimize Drives

CD-ROM Volume suddenly showing in Optimize Drives: Hello. A few months ago this unknown volume showed in Optimize Drives. It's for the DVD-ROM drive based on the description and the fact it disappears if I disable the device via the device manager. You can't optimize it and I don't understand why it's suddenly there. There's...