Windows 10: cd rom/dvd drive error

Discus and support cd rom/dvd drive error in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; This message coming up after windows 10 update for the dvd disk drive, Also won't come up on the device list either. Windows cannot verify the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ClaudiaIrwin, Oct 3, 2018.

1. cd rom/dvd drive error

This message coming up after windows 10 update for the dvd disk drive, Also won't come up on the device list either.

Windows cannot verify the digital signature for the drivers required for this device. A recent hardware or software change might have installed a file that is signed incorrectly or damaged, or that might be malicious software from an unknown source. (Code 52)

Is there a way to fix this cheaply?

:)

ClaudiaIrwin, Oct 3, 2018

2. DVD/CD Drive Saying CD-Rom

My Dvd drive is listed in my device manager however it is set as cd rom in the description, it also wont open and is not set as my default drive, any suggestions?

windows 10 if that changes anything

LukeRobson, Oct 3, 2018
  3. newtekie1 Win User
    CD drive error

1) Close all open programs
    2) Click on Start, Run, and type REGEDIT and press Enter
    3) Click on the plus signs (+) next to the following folders

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
    SYSTEM
    CurrentControlSet
    Control
    Class
    {4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}
    4) This folder is the DVD/CD-ROM Drive Class Description in the registry. Look for any of the following names in the right hand column.

UpperFilters
    LowerFilters
    UpperFilters.bak
    LowerFilters.bak
    5) If any of the above keys shown in step 4 are listed, right-click on them and choose Delete
    6) After deleting the keys, close the Registry Editor
    7) Reboot your computer
    8) Open My Computer and check to see if your CD or DVD drives have returned. You may also want to open Device Manager and verify that the yellow exclamation and error code on the CD or DVD drive is gone.

And it likely has something to do with the emulated drive you have listed there.

newtekie1, Oct 3, 2018
  4. mighty26 Win User

cd rom/dvd drive error

cd dvd rom drive error 0x800706BE

This drive keeps disappearing from device manager after restart, is it bad drive? I tried microsoft support site and got 0x800706BE error code while troubleshooting cd dvd rom drive.

Original title :cd dvd rom drive error

mighty26, Oct 3, 2018
Thema:

cd rom/dvd drive error

1. cd rom/dvd drive error - Similar Threads - rom dvd drive

2. CD/DVD Rom

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    CD/DVD Rom: On My Windows 10 Dell Computer My CD/DVD Don't Work No CD's Or DVD's Will Play Is There A Driver Missing What Can Be The Problem ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cddvd-rom/6e54509b-68b3-4134-aa08-365459368b93
  3. CD/DVD Rom

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CD/DVD Rom: On My Windows 10 Dell Computer My CD/DVD Don't Work No CD's Or DVD's Will Play Is There A Driver Missing What Can Be The Problem ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cddvd-rom/6e54509b-68b3-4134-aa08-365459368b93
  4. dvd/cd-rom

dvd/cd-rom: Ever since 2/4/21 I have not been able to use my disc drive. Says operating normal but it wont open and I can hear it spinning. Have got a lot of error codes,,,, 2, 7023, 642, 257, 7030,215, 318,10010, 1534, 10002,...
  5. DVD/CD-ROM

DVD/CD-ROM: windows 10 does not find my DVD/CD-ROM https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dvdcd-rom/2ea72ae2-a716-44c5-86f7-a654e1dd0074
  6. DVD/CD-ROM drive

DVD/CD-ROM drive: After Win 10 ran update on 31 May 2020, my DVD/CD-ROM drive disappeared from My PC devices. It runs if I insert a disc, but it doesn't play. Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information in the registry is incomplete or damaged. Code 19...
  7. DVD/CD-ROM drives not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DVD/CD-ROM drives not working: Will not play CD. I've tried Update driver, Uninstall driver, Disable driver, scan for a hardware change, restarted computer. Checked for Updates. DVD/CD-ROM drives show an error. does this relate to any past Windows updates?...
  8. DVD/CD Rom Drive

DVD/CD Rom Drive: I have a game on a DVD in my DVD ROM Drive & want to transfer the game to my computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dvdcd-rom-drive/4534f767-eea6-4a7f-8bd2-379797ff54ec
  9. DVD/CD ROM

DVD/CD ROM: my DVD/CD ROM missing some drives doesn't read blank discs https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dvdcd-rom/cf6ec6ea-3c4d-4f3f-889c-c1abe759469a
  10. dvd/cd rom drive

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    dvd/cd rom drive: I cannot get my dvd/cd rom drive to work. I have a HP Pavilion 23-q014ld all in one computer. It says all of my drivers are up to date. I tried the pin hole to manually open the door and that doesn't work. I tried all of the steps of deleting and reloading the driver and...