Windows 10: CD ROM Icon changes into Disk Drive icon

Discus and support CD ROM Icon changes into Disk Drive icon in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; hello, Im facing a problem in windows 10 , my icon of the CD ROM drive changes into Disk Drive icon , i mean to say that my cd rom drive is now showing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by himanshu440, Apr 5, 2021.

1. CD ROM Icon changes into Disk Drive icon

hello, Im facing a problem in windows 10 , my icon of the CD ROM drive changes into Disk Drive icon , i mean to say that my cd rom drive is now showing Local disk G . plz help me fix this problem i need CD rom icon again. Thankyou

:)

himanshu440, Apr 5, 2021

2. Change external hard drive icon?

Hi, I have two quick questions. I have a western digital ext. hard drive and when i installed it, the icon was messed up and it is just one of those white error icons. is there a way to change it?

and seecond question. I was trying to change the icon, and accidently messed something up. not quite sure what, but whenever i double click on my hard drive to open it, instead of opening up the contents it opens up a search in a new window. anyway to change that?

Thanks for any help.

Pitchblack1110, Apr 5, 2021
  3. DVD/CD Drive Saying CD-Rom

My Dvd drive is listed in my device manager however it is set as cd rom in the description, it also wont open and is not set as my default drive, any suggestions?

windows 10 if that changes anything

LukeRobson, Apr 5, 2021
  4. W1zzard Win User

CD ROM Icon changes into Disk Drive icon

Techpowerup bookmark icon in firefox?

changed the favicon for the forum
    uploaded a new smaller (bytes) icon for the main site
    added html code to suggest the icon to browsers

but i still cant get it to show up in firefox favourites

W1zzard, Apr 5, 2021
Thema:

CD ROM Icon changes into Disk Drive icon

1. CD ROM Icon changes into Disk Drive icon - Similar Threads - ROM Icon changes

2. CD ROM changes into local disk

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    CD ROM changes into local disk: hello, I'm facing a problem in windows 10 , my CD ROM drive changes into Local Disk , I mean to say that my cd rom drive is now showing Local disk G . plz help me fix this problem .[ATTACH]...
  3. CD ROM Icon changes into local disk icon

CD ROM Icon changes into local disk icon: hello, Im facing a problem in windows 10 , my icon of the CD ROM drive changes into Local Disk icon , i mean to say that my cd rom drive is now showing Local disk G . plz help me fix this problem i need CD rom icon again. Thankyou...
  4. CD ROM DRIVE

CD ROM DRIVE: I UPDREADE FROM 7 TO WIN 10 AND NOW MY PC DOES NOT SEE MY CD DRIVE https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cd-rom-drive/54c008f5-4dd7-4065-b015-0dd2b1d3e167
  5. cd rom drive

cd rom drive: hi just wondering at all if there is a cd rom drive on a lenovo laptop windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cd-rom-drive/7b932ceb-cdc2-45c2-bd36-29cfa46a8c1e
  6. CD-ROM drive

CD-ROM drive: My computer crashed after updating windows 10. I downloaded the ISO recover and got my computer reprogramed. But it never recovered my CD-ROM drive. I have the option of using it in my bios boot menu but no where else. How do I recover my CD-ROM drive on my computer....
  7. CD Rom drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CD Rom drive: I want to download a CD software disc. How do I open the CD Rom door in my HP computer with Microsoft 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cd-rom-drive/1edb8c00-609a-4e62-8b60-e133e97ec45c
  8. dvd/cd rom drive

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    dvd/cd rom drive: I cannot get my dvd/cd rom drive to work. I have a HP Pavilion 23-q014ld all in one computer. It says all of my drivers are up to date. I tried the pin hole to manually open the door and that doesn't work. I tried all of the steps of deleting and reloading the driver and...
  9. CD Rom Drive

CD Rom Drive: My CD Rom drive will not read any CD or DVD. I've tried unintalling, etc. to no avail. Help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/cd-rom-drive/b536efd0-4a95-478f-9149-50cdd5c7b681
  10. Wrong icon when I insert a CD-ROM or DVD-ROM

Wrong icon when I insert a CD-ROM or DVD-ROM: Help me out here, each time I insert a DVD into my DVD player I get the wrong icon (yes, earlier today I installed Mafia III and it stayed that way. It's not supposed to...) How can I get my old icon back? As you can see, it doesn't match. Each game disc gives me the...