Windows 10: CD-ROM is not installed?

Discus and support CD-ROM is not installed? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello. I wanted to install some games (sims 2&extensions), unfortunately the CD-ROM versions don't work somehow. I have an external drive from which... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by peanutDonut, Jun 27, 2020.

1. CD-ROM is not installed?

Hello.

I wanted to install some games (sims 2&extensions), unfortunately the CD-ROM versions don't work somehow. I have an external drive from which DVD-ROM programs can be installed on my laptop as usual. If I now put a CD-ROM into the drive, nothing happens, if I want to access files, the files of the program appear, but nothing happens when I click on it or it runs very slowly and crashes sometime (no response.

I'm running Windows 10, by the way.

Why can't I install CD-ROMs?

:)

peanutDonut, Jun 27, 2020

2. CD rom

Hi Eugenia,

There are numerous reasons for your CD ROM not to be recognized by your system like corrupted registry entries, outdated drivers, or hardware issue. To isolate such issue, we'd like to ask a few questions:

• Which build and version of Windows 10 is currently installed on your computer? To check, click the
      Start > Settings > System >
      About
    • Are you getting any error messages?
    • Were there any changes made on your computer settings prior to this issue?

You can also follow the steps
    here
    . The article lists all troubleshooting steps suitable for issues in recognizing CD drive.

We look forward to your response.

Angela Pun, Aug 6, 2020
  3. DVD/CD Drive Saying CD-Rom

My Dvd drive is listed in my device manager however it is set as cd rom in the description, it also wont open and is not set as my default drive, any suggestions?

windows 10 if that changes anything

LukeRobson, Aug 6, 2020
  4. CD-ROM is not installed?

CD-ROM Drive Info.

Hi Dan,

What's the make and model of your CD/DVD Drive? Some manufacturers put a sticker on the device where the speed and other relevant information are indicated. However, you may look into the System Information of your PC to get more details about your CD-ROM.
    If the information is not available, then we suggest that you check the details from the manufacturer's website.

To check in System Information:

• In the Cortana search, search for System Information and open it.
    • Under System Summary, expand Components by clicking the
      + sign.
    • Under Multimedia, click CD-ROM.
    • Look for the burning speed of your CD-ROM in the left pane.

If the burning speed is not indicated, then we suggest that you visit its manufacturer's website for more information about the device.

Let us know if you need further help.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Aug 6, 2020
Thema:

CD-ROM is not installed?

1. CD-ROM is not installed? - Similar Threads - ROM installed

2. Win11 Home is installed, A Win11 Pro DVD is bought, I do not have a DVD rom, how can I do...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win11 Home is installed, A Win11 Pro DVD is bought, I do not have a DVD rom, how can I do...: Win11 Home is installed, A Win11 Pro DVD is bought, I do not have a DVD rom, how can I do the upgrade? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win11-home-is-installed-a-win11-pro-dvd-is-bought/8f7a385f-83b3-46de-86a7-92aa653fb2d0
  3. Win11 Home is installed, A Win11 Pro DVD is bought, I do not have a DVD rom, how can I do...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win11 Home is installed, A Win11 Pro DVD is bought, I do not have a DVD rom, how can I do...: Win11 Home is installed, A Win11 Pro DVD is bought, I do not have a DVD rom, how can I do the upgrade? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win11-home-is-installed-a-win11-pro-dvd-is-bought/8f7a385f-83b3-46de-86a7-92aa653fb2d0
  4. Unable to start the installation from CD-ROM

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to start the installation from CD-ROM: Hello,I found my old Need For Speed Underground 2 CD, and i wanted to install it onto my new PC. The problem is when I place the NFSU2 CD in my CD-Reader RW Drive the system starts to read it but then it sudenly stops, and if I want to open RW-Drive my windows freezes and I...
  5. Unable to start the installation from CD-ROM

Unable to start the installation from CD-ROM: Hello,I found my old Need For Speed Underground 2 CD, and i wanted to install it onto my new PC. The problem is when I place the NFSU2 CD in my CD-Reader RW Drive the system starts to read it but then it sudenly stops, and if I want to open RW-Drive my windows freezes and I...
  6. ATA PLDS DVD+/-RW DU-8A5LH is installed as a CD ROM, how to install as a DVD ROM?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ATA PLDS DVD+/-RW DU-8A5LH is installed as a CD ROM, how to install as a DVD ROM?: I have uninstalled the driver.Updated firmware.Updated BIOSDone the registry things found in other posts, Can't even find the driver needed.Disk drive is built in to the laptop....
  7. ATA PLDS DVD+/-RW DU-8A5LH is installed as a CD ROM, how to install as a DVD ROM?

ATA PLDS DVD+/-RW DU-8A5LH is installed as a CD ROM, how to install as a DVD ROM?: I have uninstalled the driver.Updated firmware.Updated BIOSDone the registry things found in other posts, Can't even find the driver needed.Disk drive is built in to the laptop....
  8. Cant install Halo 2 on DVD-ROM

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant install Halo 2 on DVD-ROM: I've tried to install Halo 2 on my PC with a DVD-ROM not an xbox disc and every time I try, it says "LIVE Gaming on Windows failed to initialise. This may be becuase another LIVE Gaming on Windows application such as the Halo 2 dedicated server is running on the same machine....
  9. Cant install Halo 2 on DVD-ROM

Cant install Halo 2 on DVD-ROM: I've tried to install Halo 2 on my PC with a DVD-ROM not an xbox disc and every time I try, it says "LIVE Gaming on Windows failed to initialise. This may be becuase another LIVE Gaming on Windows application such as the Halo 2 dedicated server is running on the same machine....
  10. Why can't I install Lego Star Wars TCS DVD-ROM on Windows 10?

Why can't I install Lego Star Wars TCS DVD-ROM on Windows 10?: I'm trying to install the game through a DVD-ROM physical release. I think it was meant for windows vista. I get past the specifications for the installation, but during the process I get stuck here. where it says "updating component registration." Here the disk drive makes a...