Windows 10: CD-ROM missing after Windows 10 update

Discus and support CD-ROM missing after Windows 10 update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I think this problem had described by many people every year. In my case CD-ROM was missing or inactive in hidden devices in Device Manager.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Volodymyr Rodin, Jul 5, 2019.

1. CD-ROM missing after Windows 10 update

Hi,

I think this problem had described by many people every year.

In my case CD-ROM was missing or inactive in hidden devices in Device Manager.

But after the recent update to 1903 version it becomes active and working again. Unfortunately, after the first system reboot everything stopped working again. Any suggestions on how to fix this problem?

I have tried all possible ways with registry editing and uninstalling of CD-ROM/SATA devices.

Best regards,

Volodymyr

:)

Volodymyr Rodin, Jul 5, 2019
  2. Rose Cal Win User

i buy a new laptop without cd rom

Hi Teodor Adrian,

Corrupted or outdated drivers may be the possible reason why your external CD ROM is missing. To provide you the accurate resolution, we'd like to gather more information:

• Have you tried updating your drivers?
    • Are you getting any error message?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you follow the steps in this
    article
    on how to troubleshoot your CD or DVD which is not recognized by Windows or other programs.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Jul 5, 2019
  3. CD rom

Hi Eugenia,

There are numerous reasons for your CD ROM not to be recognized by your system like corrupted registry entries, outdated drivers, or hardware issue. To isolate such issue, we'd like to ask a few questions:

• Which build and version of Windows 10 is currently installed on your computer? To check, click the
      Start > Settings > System >
      About
    • Are you getting any error messages?
    • Were there any changes made on your computer settings prior to this issue?

You can also follow the steps
    here
    . The article lists all troubleshooting steps suitable for issues in recognizing CD drive.

We look forward to your response.

Angela Pun, Jul 5, 2019
  4. CD-ROM missing after Windows 10 update

DVD/CD Drive Saying CD-Rom

My Dvd drive is listed in my device manager however it is set as cd rom in the description, it also wont open and is not set as my default drive, any suggestions?

windows 10 if that changes anything

LukeRobson, Jul 5, 2019
Thema:

CD-ROM missing after Windows 10 update

1. CD-ROM missing after Windows 10 update - Similar Threads - ROM missing update

2. CD rom on Window 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    CD rom on Window 10: HelloI have a lot of older, 1990, games that i would like to load on my computer. I tried but received an error. Is there any way to run CD ROM on a Windows 10 system? Thank you <Changed to a question>...
  3. CD rom on Window 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    CD rom on Window 10: HelloI have a lot of older, 1990, games that i would like to load on my computer. I tried but received an error. Is there anyway to run CD ROM on a Windows 10 system? Thank you...
  4. CD rom on Window 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CD rom on Window 10: HelloI have a lot of older, 1990, games that i would like to load on my computer. I tried but received an error. Is there anyway to run CD ROM on a Windows 10 system? Thank you...
  5. CD rom on Window 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. cd rom

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cd rom: I have tried every suggestion on how to get windows 10 to recognize my cd drive,but nothing works. Is there any way to have microsoft correct this problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cd-rom/24c94139-11c5-4287-baff-1155b368f717
  7. CD Rom

CD Rom: I cannot open any of my word documents since I purchase a new office 365 can you help please. The message is saying there might be something wrong with my CD Rom drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cd-rom/d4ad6025-8f38-4e94-9fb8-8e23ccacea88
  8. Missing DVD/CD-ROM odyssey

Missing DVD/CD-ROM odyssey: Hi, I'm running Windows 10 (version 1903). In "This pc", my E:/ (the place for CDs and DVDs, etc.), didn't work. Now the "DVD/CD-ROM" drive doesn't even show up on the "Device manager". Please help! It's being an odyssey trying to fix it! So far I have done the following...
  9. Missing DVD/CD-ROM odyssey

Missing DVD/CD-ROM odyssey: Hi, I'm running Windows 10. In "This pc", my E:/ the place for CDs and DVDs, etc., didn't work. Now the "DVD/CD-ROM" drive doesn't even show up on the "Device manager". Please help! It's being an odyssey trying to fix it! So far I have done the following...
  10. CD Rom

CD Rom: The D drive (CD Rom) appears in the explorer but I can't have it display the info on the disc. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cd-rom/4810c955-de87-4f6c-8106-7ede083218d8