Windows 10: cd- rom not working

Discus and support cd- rom not working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; hi can anyone help me a few days ago my cd drive was working perfect and now it does'nt put a disc in i go to my pc and it dont show anything all blank... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Adam335, May 28, 2020.

1. Adam335 Win User

cd- rom not working

hi can anyone help me a few days ago my cd drive was working perfect and now it does'nt put a disc in i go to my pc and it dont show anything all blank

:)

Adam335, May 28, 2020

2. CD rom

Hi Eugenia,

There are numerous reasons for your CD ROM not to be recognized by your system like corrupted registry entries, outdated drivers, or hardware issue. To isolate such issue, we'd like to ask a few questions:

• Which build and version of Windows 10 is currently installed on your computer? To check, click the
      Start > Settings > System >
      About
    • Are you getting any error messages?
    • Were there any changes made on your computer settings prior to this issue?

You can also follow the steps
    here
    . The article lists all troubleshooting steps suitable for issues in recognizing CD drive.

We look forward to your response.

Angela Pun, May 28, 2020
  3. DVD/CD Drive Saying CD-Rom

My Dvd drive is listed in my device manager however it is set as cd rom in the description, it also wont open and is not set as my default drive, any suggestions?

windows 10 if that changes anything

LukeRobson, May 28, 2020
  4. cd- rom not working

CD-ROM doesn`t work with win 10

Hi,

Welcome and thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Apologize for the difficulties that you're experiencing in Windows 10.

Not to worry, we’re here to help you out.

• What is the make and model of the computer?
    This might have occurred due to corrupted\outdated DVD\CD-ROM driver.

Let us try the following steps, and check if it helps.

Step 1: Try updating the DVD\CD-ROM drives from device manager.

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Device Manager
    • Expand DVD\CD-ROM drives.

• Right click on the driver select
      Update Driver Software.

• Restart the computer.
    Step 2: I suggest you to check and install if there is any latest firmware update for DVD drive from the computer manufacturer.

Also, see: Your CD or DVD drive is not recognized by Windows or other programs

(Applies to Windows 10 as well).

Disclaimer: This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these
    steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, follow the steps to do the same:

• Press Windows key + R.
    • Type regedit in the run box.
    • Locate and click the key or subkey that you want to back up.
    • Click the File menu, and then click Export.
    • In the Save in box, select the location where you want to save the backup copy to, and then type a name for the backup file in the
      File name box.
    • Click Save.

Hope it helps.

Do update us with the details, we are glad to assist you further.

Abdul_Malik, May 28, 2020
Thema:

cd- rom not working

1. cd- rom not working - Similar Threads - rom working

2. Why cd rom is not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why cd rom is not working: Why DVD RW is not working * Moved from Community Center https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-cd-rom-is-not-working/3b01c898-85f0-49ea-9866-a8b50e249fe4
  3. Why cd rom is not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why cd rom is not working: Why DVD RW is not working * Moved from Community Center https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-cd-rom-is-not-working/3b01c898-85f0-49ea-9866-a8b50e249fe4
  4. CD/ROM Wont work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CD/ROM Wont work: Hi There,So, i just found my old laptop Acer Extensa 4620When i turned it on it boots normaly, but when i inserted a cd drive it dosent detect anything.then i think that the driver is outdated or dosent installed, so i donwloaded Driver booster, but when i scroll down i found...
  5. CD/ROM Wont work

CD/ROM Wont work: Hi There,So, i just found my old laptop Acer Extensa 4620When i turned it on it boots normaly, but when i inserted a cd drive it dosent detect anything.then i think that the driver is outdated or dosent installed, so i donwloaded Driver booster, but when i scroll down i found...
  6. Windows 10 cd rom has stopped working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 cd rom has stopped working: Device SCSI\CdRom&Ven_HL-DT-ST&Prod_DVDRAM_GUD0N\4&69f755f&0&020000 was migrated. Last Device Instance Id: SCSI\CdRom&Ven_HL-DT-ST&Prod_DVDRAM_GUD0N\4&69f755f&0&020000 Class Guid: {4d36e965-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318} Location Path: Migration Rank: 0x0 Present: false Device...
  7. Windows 10 cd rom has stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 cd rom has stopped working: Device SCSI\CdRom&Ven_HL-DT-ST&Prod_DVDRAM_GUD0N\4&69f755f&0&020000 was migrated. Last Device Instance Id: SCSI\CdRom&Ven_HL-DT-ST&Prod_DVDRAM_GUD0N\4&69f755f&0&020000 Class Guid: {4d36e965-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318} Location Path: Migration Rank: 0x0 Present: false Device...
  8. Windows 10 cd rom has stopped working

9. CD Rom not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    CD Rom not working: After reinstalled win 10, my CD Rom not working,, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cd-rom-not-working/a3b82630-e77d-4a24-9d4a-ae28cd858233
  10. why dones my blu ray rom work when im trying to watch dvd or install dvd program

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    why dones my blu ray rom work when im trying to watch dvd or install dvd program: it says eject when power dvd 2020 aint installing or beging recognoized by cdrom but when i oinstalledroxio it was i bought them both rom bestbuy...