Windows 10: CD Rom stops reading discs after Windows Update 2021

Discus and support CD Rom stops reading discs after Windows Update 2021 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Since Christmas 2021 and all the Windows updates were installed all our Laptops/ Towers have stop reading Music CD'sThe drive is still shown in Devices... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Dsvid, Jan 14, 2022.

1. Dsvid Win User

CD Rom stops reading discs after Windows Update 2021

Since Christmas 2021 and all the Windows updates were installed all our Laptops/ Towers have stop reading Music CD'sThe drive is still shown in Devices and My PC, but when you put a disc in it errors with either please load a CD or please set action for CD in settingsThis has effected 5 different computers of different manufacturers, obviously old as they still have a CDAs it has happened to so many computers around Christmas we suspect one of the updatesDavid

:)

Dsvid, Jan 14, 2022
  2. KomouPoji Win User

DVD CD rewriter not reading disc's (Windows10)

Hi,

To assists you further, let me ask you:

• What is the make and model of the computer?
    • Is the issue specific to particular disc?
    • Do you get any error message when the disc fail to read?
    Please follow the methods below and check if it helps.

Method 1.

I suggest you to run hardware troubleshooter to diagnose the exact issue. It will automatically detect the problem and fix it.

• Press Windows + X keys on the keyboard and select Control Panel.

• Type Troubleshooting in the search bar on the Control Panel.

• Click on Small icon on the left navigation pane.

• Click on Troubleshooting
      and click on Hardware and Device.

• Click on Advanced on the Hardware troubleshooter dialog box and click on Run as administrator (Enter the credentials
      if required).

• Click on Next and follow onscreen instruction complete the Hardware troubleshooter.
    Method 2.

I recommend you to uninstall/reinstall the CD/DVD ROM driver and check.

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Device Manager.

• Click on DVD/CD ROM- drives to expand, right click on the device and click on
      Uninstall.

• Once you are done uninstalling the driver, restart the computer. It will automatically install the generic driver.
    Method 3.

I would suggest you to update the DVD/CD ROM- drive
    driver and check.

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Device Manager.

• Click on DVD/CD ROM- drive
      to expand, right click on the device and click on Update.
    If the issue still persist, I suggest you to go to the computer manufacturer website and download the latest updated
    DVD/CD ROM drive driver and install the same.

Thank you.

KomouPoji, Jan 14, 2022
  3. dvd/CD rom not reading

operating system : win 10 64 bit

dvd/cd rom drives: matshita dvd-ram uj8b0

device status: This device is working properly

i uninstalled all antivirus programs still not reading discs

i uninstalled and reinstalled still not reading any DVD OR CD

I DID SEARCH FOR AUTOMATIC UPDATES online for drivers: the best drivers for your device are already installed

i updated windows still not reading discs

Busy beEeE, Jan 14, 2022
  4. CD Rom stops reading discs after Windows Update 2021

CD/DVD Drive not reading discs

When going into the BD-ROM's properties it does mention the CD-ROM Drive

CD Rom stops reading discs after Windows Update 2021 [​IMG]

I've tried both a CD and DVD discs but still no luck.

TriggerMulloy, Jan 14, 2022
Thema:

CD Rom stops reading discs after Windows Update 2021

1. CD Rom stops reading discs after Windows Update 2021 - Similar Threads - Rom stops reading

2. Best Software for Reading Sampler CD ROM's?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Best Software for Reading Sampler CD ROM's?: I've been trying Daemon Tools Ultra to see if it can read the contents of a CD-Rom that is formatted for Akai music instruments. However, I'm having trouble doing this, as it seems to mount it as a "Blue Ray" drive. Also, it kept making the Internet slow and making Youtube...
  3. CD Rom stops reading discs after Windows Update 2021

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CD Rom stops reading discs after Windows Update 2021: Since Christmas 2021 and all the Windows updates were installed all our Laptops/ Towers have stop reading Music CD'sThe drive is still shown in Devices and My PC, but when you put a disc in it errors with either please load a CD or please set action for CD in settingsThis has...
  4. CD Rom stops reading discs after Windows Update 2021

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    CD Rom stops reading discs after Windows Update 2021: Since Christmas 2021 and all the Windows updates were installed all our Laptops/ Towers have stop reading Music CD'sThe drive is still shown in Devices and My PC, but when you put a disc in it errors with either please load a CD or please set action for CD in settingsThis has...
  5. dvd/CD rom not reading

dvd/CD rom not reading: operating system : win 10 64 bit dvd/cd rom drives: matshita dvd-ram uj8b0 device status: This device is working properly i uninstalled all antivirus programs still not reading discs i uninstalled and reinstalled still not reading any DVD OR CD I DID SEARCH FOR...
  6. Computer is unable to read CD-ROMs for games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer is unable to read CD-ROMs for games: I have a couple old CDs for Hot Wheels games I've owned for as long as I can remember. I have the games installed on my computer, and they worked perfectly fine before. The games both require you to put the CD in the computer before running the game application. Since I...
  7. CD ROM Drive does not read a disc

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    CD ROM Drive does not read a disc: I just purchased a new cd rom rw and the disk goes into the drive, but there is a file that is missing,can you help me get it working? My old cd rom quit doing the same thing. I have recently upgraded to windows 10 from 8.1....
  8. cd rom doesnt read cd

cd rom doesnt read cd: how can I get my cd rom to read my cds https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cd-rom-doesnt-read-cd/3669775c-9782-4b91-8cb8-963e4c4f60dc
  9. DVD/CD-ROM Read Problems

DVD/CD-ROM Read Problems: Hi: I have just come across a funny one. I have a program that I wanted to install into my Win 10 Pro Machine (64 Bit) and have found that the disk can not be read by the DVD/CD-ROM Drive. I also tried it in another Windows 10 Computer (64 Bit) and it also can't read...
  10. CD/DVD Drive not reading discs

CD/DVD Drive not reading discs: Hello! Since upgrading to Windows 10 my PC has been unable to read any CD/DVD disc I put in. I hear it spinning so I doubt there's any problem with the CD/DVD Drive itself. [img] I was thinking it could be a driver issue, but there doesn't seem like there's any...