Windows 10: CD-ROM

Discus and support CD-ROM in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; my 1st cousin sent me a CD-ROM with family photos; when I insert it into the computer, I get a "Burn a Disc" window with a question "How do you want to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by TomRioux, Jan 17, 2019.

1. TomRioux Win User

CD-ROM

my 1st cousin sent me a CD-ROM with family photos; when I insert it into the computer, I get a "Burn a Disc" window with a question "How do you want to use this disc?" with options "Like a USB flash drive" or "With a CD/DVD player"

does choosing "Like a USB flash drive" format the CD-ROM and thus erase all the content?

:)

TomRioux, Jan 17, 2019

2. CD rom

Hi Eugenia,

There are numerous reasons for your CD ROM not to be recognized by your system like corrupted registry entries, outdated drivers, or hardware issue. To isolate such issue, we'd like to ask a few questions:

• Which build and version of Windows 10 is currently installed on your computer? To check, click the
      Start > Settings > System >
      About
    • Are you getting any error messages?
    • Were there any changes made on your computer settings prior to this issue?

You can also follow the steps
    here
    . The article lists all troubleshooting steps suitable for issues in recognizing CD drive.

We look forward to your response.

Angela Pun, Jan 17, 2019
  3. DVD/CD Drive Saying CD-Rom

My Dvd drive is listed in my device manager however it is set as cd rom in the description, it also wont open and is not set as my default drive, any suggestions?

windows 10 if that changes anything

LukeRobson, Jan 17, 2019
  4. CD-ROM

CD-ROM Drive Info.

Hi Dan,

What's the make and model of your CD/DVD Drive? Some manufacturers put a sticker on the device where the speed and other relevant information are indicated. However, you may look into the System Information of your PC to get more details about your CD-ROM.
    If the information is not available, then we suggest that you check the details from the manufacturer's website.

To check in System Information:

• In the Cortana search, search for System Information and open it.
    • Under System Summary, expand Components by clicking the
      + sign.
    • Under Multimedia, click CD-ROM.
    • Look for the burning speed of your CD-ROM in the left pane.

If the burning speed is not indicated, then we suggest that you visit its manufacturer's website for more information about the device.

Let us know if you need further help.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Jan 17, 2019
Thema:

CD-ROM

1. CD-ROM - Similar Threads - ROM

2. PXE-E61: Media test failure, check cable PXE-M0F: Exiting Broadcom PXE ROM. No bootable device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PXE-E61: Media test failure, check cable PXE-M0F: Exiting Broadcom PXE ROM. No bootable device: My PC started showing this error, so I've tired to change the boot order around and it's still not working. This is the current boot order: IDE 0:, IDE 1: PIONEER DVD-RW, USB FDD, Network Boot: MBA v10.0.9, USB HDD, USB CDROM. What can I do to fix this or at the very least,...
  3. PXE-E61: Media test failure, check cable PXE-M0F: Exiting Broadcom PXE ROM. No bootable device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PXE-E61: Media test failure, check cable PXE-M0F: Exiting Broadcom PXE ROM. No bootable device: My PC started showing this error, so I've tired to change the boot order around and it's still not working. This is the current boot order: IDE 0:, IDE 1: PIONEER DVD-RW, USB FDD, Network Boot: MBA v10.0.9, USB HDD, USB CDROM. What can I do to fix this or at the very least,...
  4. Can I buy an external DVD/ CD Rom for a HP S01-aF2023w Slim Desktop PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I buy an external DVD/ CD Rom for a HP S01-aF2023w Slim Desktop PC: Can I buy an external DVD/ CD Rom for a HP S01-aF2023w Slim Desktop PC Windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-buy-an-external-dvd-cd-rom-for-a-hp-s01/08972ef9-3217-421c-93fb-8ad9f417475e
  5. Can I buy an external DVD/ CD Rom for a HP S01-aF2023w Slim Desktop PC

Can I buy an external DVD/ CD Rom for a HP S01-aF2023w Slim Desktop PC: Can I buy an external DVD/ CD Rom for a HP S01-aF2023w Slim Desktop PC Windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-buy-an-external-dvd-cd-rom-for-a-hp-s01/08972ef9-3217-421c-93fb-8ad9f417475e
  6. Best Software for Reading Sampler CD ROM's?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Best Software for Reading Sampler CD ROM's?: I've been trying Daemon Tools Ultra to see if it can read the contents of a CD-Rom that is formatted for Akai music instruments. However, I'm having trouble doing this, as it seems to mount it as a "Blue Ray" drive. Also, it kept making the Internet slow and making Youtube...
  7. Best Software for Reading Sampler CD ROM's?

Best Software for Reading Sampler CD ROM's?: I've been trying Daemon Tools Ultra to see if it can read the contents of a CD-Rom that is formatted for Akai music instruments. However, I'm having trouble doing this, as it seems to mount it as a "Blue Ray" drive. Also, it kept making the Internet slow and making Youtube...
  8. Best Software for Reading Sampler CD ROM's?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. Windows 10 22H2 has issues with GTC2N slim dvd rom

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 22H2 has issues with GTC2N slim dvd rom: Hello,I have a HP Eliitedesk 800 G1 tower that runs Windows 10 22H2, Windows 10 22H2 is fully up to date, I am having the following issue with GTC2N find that windows 10 cannot find the CD Rom it is not listed in explorer, have removed the 2 entries from Device manger but...
  10. Windows 10 22H2 has issues with GTC2N slim dvd rom

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 22H2 has issues with GTC2N slim dvd rom: Hello,I have a HP Eliitedesk 800 G1 tower that runs Windows 10 22H2, Windows 10 22H2 is fully up to date, I am having the following issue with GTC2N find that windows 10 cannot find the CD Rom it is not listed in explorer, have removed the 2 entries from Device manger but...