Windows 10: CD Rom

Discus and support CD Rom in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I cannot open any of my word documents since I purchase a new office 365 can you help please. The message is saying there might be something wrong... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DenisePritchard1, Jan 13, 2021.

1. CD Rom

I cannot open any of my word documents since I purchase a new office 365 can you help please. The message is saying there might be something wrong with my CD Rom drive?

:)

DenisePritchard1, Jan 13, 2021

2. CD rom

Hi Eugenia,

There are numerous reasons for your CD ROM not to be recognized by your system like corrupted registry entries, outdated drivers, or hardware issue. To isolate such issue, we'd like to ask a few questions:

• Which build and version of Windows 10 is currently installed on your computer? To check, click the
      Start > Settings > System >
      About
    • Are you getting any error messages?
    • Were there any changes made on your computer settings prior to this issue?

You can also follow the steps
    here
    . The article lists all troubleshooting steps suitable for issues in recognizing CD drive.

We look forward to your response.

Angela Pun, Jan 13, 2021
  3. DVD/CD Drive Saying CD-Rom

My Dvd drive is listed in my device manager however it is set as cd rom in the description, it also wont open and is not set as my default drive, any suggestions?

windows 10 if that changes anything

LukeRobson, Jan 13, 2021
  4. CD Rom

CD-ROM Drive Info.

Hi Dan,

What's the make and model of your CD/DVD Drive? Some manufacturers put a sticker on the device where the speed and other relevant information are indicated. However, you may look into the System Information of your PC to get more details about your CD-ROM.
    If the information is not available, then we suggest that you check the details from the manufacturer's website.

To check in System Information:

• In the Cortana search, search for System Information and open it.
    • Under System Summary, expand Components by clicking the
      + sign.
    • Under Multimedia, click CD-ROM.
    • Look for the burning speed of your CD-ROM in the left pane.

If the burning speed is not indicated, then we suggest that you visit its manufacturer's website for more information about the device.

Let us know if you need further help.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Jan 13, 2021
Thema:

CD Rom

1. CD Rom - Similar Threads - Rom

2. Peeling the layers of Collision for Containers, virtual, ROM Persistant, intel hypervisor...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Peeling the layers of Collision for Containers, virtual, ROM Persistant, intel hypervisor...: I'm trying to help my mother return her pc back to having a functional and cohesive SYSTEM like it had been prior to windows 10 but she's created such a mess after ignoring some failed problems in the past that have totally made windows 10 incapable of reliable processing...
  3. CD ROM Drive not being reinstalled.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    CD ROM Drive not being reinstalled.: Hello. I need some help, but I'm not sure if I should ask for it here. Anyway, my CD ROM drive wasn't reading my disc, so I looked up how to fix it. Apparently, a common solution was to uninstall my driver via the device manager. It said that after I restarted my computer, it...
  4. diskmgmt.msc identifies 'CD-ROM 0' as 'Device Type' 'RAID'?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    diskmgmt.msc identifies 'CD-ROM 0' as 'Device Type' 'RAID'?: [ATTACH] Of course that's silly. What do you make of this diskmgmt.msc screen? Perhaps a device driver is wrong? 'CD-ROM 0' is recognized as a DVD -- it's actually a Blu-ray combo -- with region coding by Device Manager. The device Events show installation and no errors or...
  5. CD-ROM disappeared in Windows 10

CD-ROM disappeared in Windows 10: About a month ago, I received the "blue screen of death," so I had to reinstall Windows 10. About two weeks after reinstalling, I noticed my CD-ROM drive has disappeared from File Explorer. It also does not appear in Device Manager. I have checked the BIOS boot sequence, and...
  6. PC- CR rom game wont load

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    PC- CR rom game wont load: I have a new windows 10 computer and I want to play my cd-rom game that I purchased several years ago.... tonight I went to load it on my new computer and it will not even read that the disc is in the drive.. what can I do to get it to even recognize that it is in the...
  7. I like to play again my original Myst 5 CD-ROM game. OS Win10. Cannot get started.

I like to play again my original Myst 5 CD-ROM game. OS Win10. Cannot get started.: Exception type: Access violation Call stack 14 levels: 0x7727FA29 0x0066B9D9 0x0044A9A8 0x011243F1 0x0044121D 0x0051C6D3 0x0051BE4E 0x501AA813 0x501AA8EE 0x501A65BB 0x501AEF2F 0x500DC0E4...
  8. I can't my Civilization 3 to open up from my CD-Rom

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I can't my Civilization 3 to open up from my CD-Rom: I have been unable to open my Civ 3 game which I bought years ago. It is on a CD Rom. No matter what I tried, it won't open. Any suggestions? thx....
  9. cd rom

cd rom: on my pc the media player seems to have lost the cd rom player or drivers. It won't play any cds https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cd-rom/bc9f22b2-8f34-4061-9313-7803b118efd9
  10. Microsoft, this is actually a second attempt. New cd-rom drive still won't read cd-rw's.

Microsoft, this is actually a second attempt. New cd-rom drive still won't read cd-rw's.: Microsoft. I hope I can get some answers this time. My pc is homemade. And I was having trouble with my cd-rom drive not reading cd-rw's. This AM I replaced my cd-rom drive with a new one I had in the closet. And it still won't read cd-rw's. It burns and plays cd-r disks....