Windows 10: CD-RW on Windows 10

Discus and support CD-RW on Windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; How can I store data files on CD-RW discs? Brand new TDK discs refuse to format or burn. T... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Tim3126, Nov 21, 2018.

1. Tim3126 Win User

CD-RW on Windows 10

How can I store data files on CD-RW discs? Brand new TDK discs refuse to format or burn.

T

:)

Tim3126, Nov 21, 2018

2. Window 10 will not let me burn my pictures on CD-RW

Hi Judy,

CD-RW needs a more sensitive optical lens to read or write on it. There is a possibility that your CD burner can't write on a CD-RW. To isolate the issue, kindly answer the following questions:

• What app are you using to burn on the CD-RW?
    • Have you tried using a CD-R or another CD-RW?
    • Were you able to burn on a CD-RW using the same CD burner prior to this issue?
    • Were there any changes made to your computer before this?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We're looking forward to your response.

Katrina Men, Nov 21, 2018
  3. djburkes Win User
    CD-RW not recognized???

I just purchased a new case, motherboard, and hard drive. The motherboard is an ASUS P5AD2-E Premium. I installed everything last night along with a new SATA 150 300GB Maxtor hard drive. When I booted up everything went ok to begin with, I was able to enter bios and everything. I was wanting to install a fresh copy of Windows on this hard drive but my CD-RW isn't recognized. The CD-RW is hooked up to an IDE connection, when the PC boots is says scanning for IDE devices but it says that none are detected. So I installed an 80 GB SATA 150 hard drive with windows already on it, I can boot to windows but still no CD-RW activity. I'm really new to this stuff, probably jumped into building my own PC too quickly but I followed directions to a T. Any suggestions would be greatly welcomed.

djburkes, Nov 21, 2018
  4. JimWynne Win User

CD-RW on Windows 10

CD-RW

In theory at least, a CD-RW disc as you describe it should be readable on an computer that has an optical drive capable of reading writing CD-RW discs, which is most optical drives these days. I say "in theory" because formatting/writing on CD-RWs is
    a very dodgy thing in general. You're much better off in using a USB flash drive.

JimWynne, Nov 21, 2018
Thema:

CD-RW on Windows 10

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how do i play a cd-rw on windows 10