Windows 10: CD space is being used with no files

Discus and support CD space is being used with no files in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My CD had about 4gb of space but now it's 1gb free. There are no files on it yet it is still 1gb free. I have no idea what's going on, please help!... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by GMD_Partitionhlep, Oct 1, 2020.

1. CD space is being used with no files

My CD had about 4gb of space but now it's 1gb free. There are no files on it yet it is still 1gb free. I have no idea what's going on, please help!

:)

GMD_Partitionhlep, Oct 1, 2020
  2. KomouPoji Win User

how to copy files from the CD to the Computer drive

Hi Hankriegler,

I would suggest you to follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X.

• Click file explorer from the list.

• Select the CD/DVD drive and hit Enter.

• Select the files you want to copy from the CD/DVD, then select the drive where you want to paste or save.
    I hope the information is helpful.

Thank you.

KomouPoji, Oct 1, 2020
  3. Bree Win User
    clean possibly infected flash drives and CD-RWs

Your steps in post #1 should work for 99% of viruses that may be on a usb flash drive. However, there are a very few viruses that can infect the MBR of a drive. I would use Diskpart from a command prompt (Admin) to clean them. In the command prompt type DISKPART then, at the Diskpart prompt use the commands:

LIST DISKnote the disk number of the usb and use it in place of # in the command:SELECT DISK #
    CLEAN
    CREATE PARTITION PRIMARY

After this you will have cleaned the partition table from the usb and created a partition using the whole of the the available space. You can then format this partition in File Explorer.

For a CD-RW, if you right-click on it in File Explorer there is an Erase option.

Bree, Oct 1, 2020
  4. CD space is being used with no files

How to burn a document to a cd in windows 10

Hi Elaine,

To assist you better, answer the below questions

• Are you facing any difficulties to burn a document to a cd?
    • Are you using any third party tool to burn a document to a cd?
    I suggest you to follow below steps to burn cd and check if it helps.

• Insert CD/DVD.
    • Open the CD/DVD drive in File explorer
      icon from the taskbar, copy and paste the required document to the
      CD/DVD drive.
    • Click on Burn a Disc.
    • Follow on the on screen instruction.
    Hope the information was helpful. If you need further assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Ashwin V S, Oct 1, 2020
Thema:

CD space is being used with no files

1. CD space is being used with no files - Similar Threads - space being used

2. Space on hard drive being used by invisible files…?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Space on hard drive being used by invisible files…?: I factory reset my computer cause I planned on starting fresh because the everything is so disorganized but when I did it wiped everything like I wanted it too but it still says that my hard drive is using like 800gb worth of files but there’s nothing there? I tried to...
  3. Space on hard drive being used by invisible files…?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Space on hard drive being used by invisible files…?: I factory reset my computer cause I planned on starting fresh because the everything is so disorganized but when I did it wiped everything like I wanted it too but it still says that my hard drive is using like 800gb worth of files but there’s nothing there? I tried to...
  4. Space on hard drive being used by invisible files…?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Hard drive shows more used space than what is being used

Hard drive shows more used space than what is being used: Hi, i have a 256GB D: drive, and it shows only 22 GB remaining. However, upon use of windirstat, or simply selecting all the folders from the root and clicking properties. The actual used space is less than what is reported in the drive itself. For example:Going to properties...
  6. Hard drive shows more used space than what is being used

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hard drive shows more used space than what is being used: Hi, i have a 256GB D: drive, and it shows only 22 GB remaining. However, upon use of windirstat, or simply selecting all the folders from the root and clicking properties. The actual used space is less than what is reported in the drive itself. For example:Going to properties...
  7. Hard drive shows more used space than what is being used

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. How to reduce the amount of space being used on my computer?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How to reduce the amount of space being used on my computer?: Hi! How can I reduce the amount of space taken up on my computer? It's almost completely full! Is that done just by removing programs and documents, one by one? 182833
  9. random 49 gb of space being used!

random 49 gb of space being used!: [ATTACH] [ATTACH] Help!! I was extracting a rar for something and it said disk write error : out of space. I went to check explorer and it says the full hard drive was used even though the capacity was 149 gb and there was only 100 gb in the disk! Tried defragment,...
  10. settings report more space being used

settings report more space being used: Settings reports that 87GB is being used, however when i run WindirStat its says i only use 60,7Gb. when I look at the properties of all the files in my C: drive it also says I only use 61 Gb, but when i look at the properties of the drive itself it says that i use 87 GB. is...