Windows 10: cd to linux home from windows

Discus and support cd to linux home from windows in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I've recently started using WSL in order to use my preferred OS in Windows 10 and it's working well. I do have a question however. When I cd to the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by CarsonWilcox1, Feb 23, 2021 at 8:02 AM.

1. cd to linux home from windows

I've recently started using WSL in order to use my preferred OS in Windows 10 and it's working well. I do have a question however.

When I cd to the linux partition, the prompt winds up being extremely long, "PS Microsoft.PowerShell.Core\FileSystem::\\wsl$\ubuntu>".

Is there some way to reduce this to something like "\\wsl$\ubuntu"?

I know how to do this in linux but since this is currently in a windows shell I have no idea at all.

Thanks,

Carson

:)

CarsonWilcox1, Feb 23, 2021 at 8:02 AM
  2. Silverel Win User

Guide: How to enable, use, and configure SLI on Linux.

I guess the next logical step would be to report on the performance you can get with SLI in Linux. That'd be my suggestion anyway.

3. Jizzler Win User
    linux in windows

For virtual machine and linux noobs I suggest starting with VMware Server 1.0.8. It's the easiest to start with IMO, and suits the needs of most people.

Server comes with RPM packed VMware Tools, so there are quite a few distros that will work with minimal effort (won't have to compile from source). Tools is important if you're using a desktop/GUI, not so much if you're going command-line only.

CD, ISO, Net based install -- not a problem. Even a live cd shouldn't be a problem, though I can't say that I've done it before.

4. cd to linux home from windows

Switch to Linux ??

Find a suitable Linux forum and request comments from people who converted from Linux to Windows, in particular on

• Stability
    • Ease of use
    • Availability of external help in case of trouble
    • Availability of applications, games
    • Data exchange with the Windows world

Frederik Long, Feb 23, 2021 at 8:03 AM
Thema:

cd to linux home from windows

1. cd to linux home from windows - Similar Threads - linux home

2. Imaging a Linux (or Windows) Disk without Macrium -- Not cloning

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Imaging a Linux (or Windows) Disk without Macrium -- Not cloning: Hi folks Again the wonders of DD -- if you need to image (not clone as that's simple enough) a disk for use as a backup and you don't have an available copy of Macrium to hand it's very easy to use DD to image a disk to a file and restore it. Works on any type of disk....
  3. SSD became RAW after switching from Linux to Windows and it´s no longer accesible

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    SSD became RAW after switching from Linux to Windows and it´s no longer accesible: Hello, I´ve reinstalled my laptop from Linux Xubuntu to Windows 10. I have to disks in my laptop, 1 SSD 128 GB and 2 HDD 1TB. Before I´ve started using Linux, I´ve had the booting and system on the SSD and I was downloading ma data on HDD but now when I reinstalled it, my SSD...
  4. Installed Windows 10 after I had a Linux Distro, Now my GPU isn't recognized. Just Says...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Installed Windows 10 after I had a Linux Distro, Now my GPU isn't recognized. Just Says...: Hey Guys, If I check device manager my Display Adapter= Microsoft Basic Display Adapter. I know my Video Card is a NVIDIA Geforce 2080 TI. However, when I install the drivers from NVIDIAs website I get an error "These drivers are incompatible with this version of Windows."...
  5. Suddenly can't connect to Samba home share on Linux NAS server although media share still works

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Suddenly can't connect to Samba home share on Linux NAS server although media share still works: I have several shared directories on a Samba NAS server mapped on a couple windows 10 server. Yesterday after the latest Windows 10 upgrade I could no longer access my personal home share. I received a popup requesting my credentials password prompt. I entered the password...
  6. Long time Linux user reviewed Windows 10 Home and highlights a few underappreciated features

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Long time Linux user reviewed Windows 10 Home and highlights a few underappreciated features: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/weirdboys [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hvakov/long_time_linux_user_reviewed_windows_10_home_and/
  7. windows 10 home can see linux printer and shares but windows 10 pro cannot

windows 10 home can see linux printer and shares but windows 10 pro cannot: I have a MX-Linux OS running on an old Dell with a printer attached to the system with a USB cable. When I look for printers my windows 10 home machine sees it and attaches and prints with no problem. My windows 10 pro machine can't find the printer or attach to the shares....
  8. Windows Subsystem for Linux is missing in Windows 10 Home 1903

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Subsystem for Linux is missing in Windows 10 Home 1903: I'm trying to activate Windows Subsystem for Linux but it seems that it is simply not present in my Windows copy. It doesn't show up in control panel. Running the command on PowerShell throws an error: PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> Enable-WindowsOptionalFeature -Online...
  9. Most home routers do not take advantage of Linux's improved security

in Windows 10 News
    Most home routers do not take advantage of Linux's improved security: [ATTACH] Linksys WRT32X, the router that scored the highest in the Cyber-ITL security-focused case study. Many of today's most popular home router models don't take full advantage of the security features that come with the Linux operating system, which many of them use as...
  10. Alternatives to access Linux shared folders / drives from Windows 10 Home edition

Alternatives to access Linux shared folders / drives from Windows 10 Home edition: Hi, I know it's impossible to access an NFS shared folder on Windows 10 Home edition. I've successfully set it up on Windows 10 Pro installed on my work laptop but today, to be honest, I can't stand Microsoft anymore. Why are we forced to pay 130 bucks to get Windows 10 Pro...