Windows 10: cd to linux home from windows

Discus and support cd to linux home from windows in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I've recently started using WSL in order to use my preferred OS in Windows 10 and it's working well. I do have a question however. When I cd to the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by CarsonWilcox1, Feb 23, 2021.

1. cd to linux home from windows

I've recently started using WSL in order to use my preferred OS in Windows 10 and it's working well. I do have a question however.

When I cd to the linux partition, the prompt winds up being extremely long, "PS Microsoft.PowerShell.Core\FileSystem::\\wsl$\ubuntu>".

Is there some way to reduce this to something like "\\wsl$\ubuntu"?

I know how to do this in linux but since this is currently in a windows shell I have no idea at all.

Thanks,

Carson

:)

CarsonWilcox1, Feb 23, 2021
  2. Silverel Win User

Guide: How to enable, use, and configure SLI on Linux.

I guess the next logical step would be to report on the performance you can get with SLI in Linux. That'd be my suggestion anyway.

Silverel, Feb 23, 2021
  3. Jizzler Win User
    linux in windows

For virtual machine and linux noobs I suggest starting with VMware Server 1.0.8. It's the easiest to start with IMO, and suits the needs of most people.

Server comes with RPM packed VMware Tools, so there are quite a few distros that will work with minimal effort (won't have to compile from source). Tools is important if you're using a desktop/GUI, not so much if you're going command-line only.

CD, ISO, Net based install -- not a problem. Even a live cd shouldn't be a problem, though I can't say that I've done it before.

Jizzler, Feb 23, 2021
  4. cd to linux home from windows

Switch to Linux ??

Find a suitable Linux forum and request comments from people who converted from Linux to Windows, in particular on

• Stability
    • Ease of use
    • Availability of external help in case of trouble
    • Availability of applications, games
    • Data exchange with the Windows world

Frederik Long, Feb 23, 2021
Thema:

cd to linux home from windows

1. cd to linux home from windows - Similar Threads - linux home

2. Is it possible to install a new copy of Windows 10 Home on a PC running Linux?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it possible to install a new copy of Windows 10 Home on a PC running Linux?: I have an HP laptop purchased at a pawn shop with Linux Mint installed. Is it possible to reformat and install a Windows 10 Home x64 bit ISO to a USB drive and install it? Also, please advise how to pay for a license for the copy of Windows 10.Thank you,David L *** Email...
  3. Is it possible to install a new copy of Windows 10 Home on a PC running Linux?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Is it possible to install a new copy of Windows 10 Home on a PC running Linux?: I have an HP laptop purchased at a pawn shop with Linux Mint installed. Is it possible to reformat and install a Windows 10 Home x64 bit ISO to a USB drive and install it? Also, please advise how to pay for a license for the copy of Windows 10.Thank you,David L *** Email...
  4. Is it possible to install a new copy of Windows 10 Home on a PC running Linux?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Slow download speed on only one computer in home network. Not slow when using Linux on same...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slow download speed on only one computer in home network. Not slow when using Linux on same...: Hello,A download speed test shows about 12 Mbps. When I run Linux from a flash drive on the same computer, it is showing about 200 Mbps. Some of what I've tried:Troubleshooters in WindowsUpdating drivers MB and WiFiClean bootDouble-click WLAN Autoconfig Service.If the Startup...
  6. Slow download speed on only one computer in home network. Not slow when using Linux on same...

Slow download speed on only one computer in home network. Not slow when using Linux on same...: Hello,A download speed test shows about 12 Mbps. When I run Linux from a flash drive on the same computer, it is showing about 200 Mbps. Some of what I've tried:Troubleshooters in WindowsUpdating drivers MB and WiFiClean bootDouble-click WLAN Autoconfig Service.If the Startup...
  7. Unable to enable "windows subsystem for Linux: - OS : Home Windows 11 Home Single Language...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to enable "windows subsystem for Linux: - OS : Home Windows 11 Home Single Language...: Hello – Am trying to install Ubuntu on Windows 11 Intel based Laptop, OS: Home Windows 11 Home Single Language / Ver: 21H2 / Build#: 22000.376. As a pre-requisite am trying to enable the windows feature from Programs of Control-Panel. But am getting the error like“An...
  8. Unable to enable "windows subsystem for Linux: - OS : Home Windows 11 Home Single Language...

Unable to enable "windows subsystem for Linux: - OS : Home Windows 11 Home Single Language...: Hello – Am trying to install Ubuntu on Windows 11 Intel based Laptop, OS: Home Windows 11 Home Single Language / Ver: 21H2 / Build#: 22000.376. As a pre-requisite am trying to enable the windows feature from Programs of Control-Panel. But am getting the error like“An...
  9. Upgraded Win 10 Home OEM to Win 10 Pro, will Dual Boot to Linux affect my Win 10 Pro license ?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Upgraded Win 10 Home OEM to Win 10 Pro, will Dual Boot to Linux affect my Win 10 Pro license ?: Upgraded Win 10 Home OEM to Win 10 Pro. I want to use Linux also and want to use Dual boot to use Linux. Will it affect my Win 10 Pro license ?...
  10. Want to Install Windows 10 home on Desktop with two OS installed - Linux Mint and Windows 8.0

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Want to Install Windows 10 home on Desktop with two OS installed - Linux Mint and Windows 8.0: I bought the desktop 8 years ago with Windows 8.0 installed OEM Volume License. Could not upgrade to Windows 8.1. Later installed Linux Mint OS alongside the Windows 8.0 OS. Now I ideally want to remove Windows 8.0 and replace with Windows 10 Home whist retaining Linux Mint...