Windows 10: CD to USB

Discus and support CD to USB in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I place a CD in my optical drive and I can not use Media Player to read or RIP it to a USB jump drive. Media Player acts like the optical drive and CD... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JohnWelda, Oct 14, 2019.

1. JohnWelda Win User

CD to USB

I place a CD in my optical drive and I can not use Media Player to read or RIP it to a USB jump drive. Media Player acts like the optical drive and CD are not there.

:)

JohnWelda, Oct 14, 2019
  2. thraxed Win User

Installing windows off of a USB stick

Step By Step from vista:
    From admin cmd prompt

1. diskpart
    1a. list disk
    2. select disk 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

Copy Windows Vista's DVD ROM content to the Flash Drive

xcopy d:\*.* /s/e/f e:\ (d being your vista cd and e being your usb stick)

And that's it, boot off your usb disk

thraxed, Oct 14, 2019
  3. Ar3s Win User
    HD 5870 Bios flash failed

mp3 player is in FAT / FAT32 format ?

Set Boot up first to the drive with hiren bootcd 10.4
    Done...

the options will pop out after loading the disc choose

boot cd

then the list (step by step)

Next...
    Dos....
    USB Drivers....
    Load USB Drivers with no386.....

Ask you load cd drivers. NO
    Ask you load SCSI drivers. NO
    Ask you anything NO.
    USB driver list comes out. 8 Don't choose anything else.

type
    C:\ (that should be your mp3 player if you did it right)

atiflash -i
    to list the adapters

atiflash -p -f 0 ???.bin

done.........

4. Bree Win User

CD to USB

clean possibly infected flash drives and CD-RWs

Your steps in post #1 should work for 99% of viruses that may be on a usb flash drive. However, there are a very few viruses that can infect the MBR of a drive. I would use Diskpart from a command prompt (Admin) to clean them. In the command prompt type DISKPART then, at the Diskpart prompt use the commands:

LIST DISKnote the disk number of the usb and use it in place of # in the command:SELECT DISK #
    CLEAN
    CREATE PARTITION PRIMARY

After this you will have cleaned the partition table from the usb and created a partition using the whole of the the available space. You can then format this partition in File Explorer.

For a CD-RW, if you right-click on it in File Explorer there is an Erase option.

Thema:

CD to USB

1. CD to USB - Similar Threads - USB

2. How do I fix WinPE not opening my USB drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I fix WinPE not opening my USB drive?: Hi,I'm trying to install Windows 11 on my laptop a HP Victus 15-fb0015nr, but it won't get past the 'Install a driver' part, and I can't open my USB drive in Notepad. How do I fix this? I really don't want to have to manually deploy the WIM to the SSD again, I've already done...
  3. How do I fix WinPE not opening my USB drive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I fix WinPE not opening my USB drive?: Hi,I'm trying to install Windows 11 on my laptop a HP Victus 15-fb0015nr, but it won't get past the 'Install a driver' part, and I can't open my USB drive in Notepad. How do I fix this? I really don't want to have to manually deploy the WIM to the SSD again, I've already done...
  4. download photos from ipad to PC using a USB cable no longer working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    download photos from ipad to PC using a USB cable no longer working: Hello, it used to be very easy to download photos from my ipad to my PC using a USB cable to connect ipad to the PC. When I clicked on -This PC-Apple iPad- an internal storage bar came up showing how much space is used up on the iPad. I would double click on that icon. Then a...
  5. download photos from ipad to PC using a USB cable no longer working

download photos from ipad to PC using a USB cable no longer working: Hello, it used to be very easy to download photos from my ipad to my PC using a USB cable to connect ipad to the PC. When I clicked on -This PC-Apple iPad- an internal storage bar came up showing how much space is used up on the iPad. I would double click on that icon. Then a...
  6. Windows 11 Media Creation Tool error leading to USB drive problem....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Media Creation Tool error leading to USB drive problem....: Hi guysSo, I basically downloaded the Windows 11 Media Creation Tool from the Windows 11 download site. I ran it and selected an 8GB USB stick 2.0 as the device that should be made into a bootable USB flash drive. It fully downloaded Windows 11 and then started creating......
  7. Windows 11 Media Creation Tool error leading to USB drive problem....

Windows 11 Media Creation Tool error leading to USB drive problem....: Hi guysSo, I basically downloaded the Windows 11 Media Creation Tool from the Windows 11 download site. I ran it and selected an 8GB USB stick 2.0 as the device that should be made into a bootable USB flash drive. It fully downloaded Windows 11 and then started creating......
  8. No WI-FI Network found > Realtek RTL8188FTV Wireless Lan 802.11n USB 2.0 Network Adaptor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No WI-FI Network found > Realtek RTL8188FTV Wireless Lan 802.11n USB 2.0 Network Adaptor: I've problem with my Wireless WIFI Adaptor. Adaptor detail: Realtek RTL8188FTV Wireless Lan 802.11n USB 2.0 Network Adaptor Latest Version of drive.When i open wifi settings and then go to show available networks then it say NO WI'FI NETWORK FOUND. I have my mobile hotspot...
  9. No WI-FI Network found > Realtek RTL8188FTV Wireless Lan 802.11n USB 2.0 Network Adaptor

No WI-FI Network found > Realtek RTL8188FTV Wireless Lan 802.11n USB 2.0 Network Adaptor: I've problem with my Wireless WIFI Adaptor. Adaptor detail: Realtek RTL8188FTV Wireless Lan 802.11n USB 2.0 Network Adaptor Latest Version of drive.When i open wifi settings and then go to show available networks then it say NO WI'FI NETWORK FOUND. I have my mobile hotspot...
  10. No WI-FI Network found > Realtek RTL8188FTV Wireless Lan 802.11n USB 2.0 Network Adaptor

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing