Windows 10: CD will not play.

Discus and support CD will not play. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I cannot play any CD or DVD in ASUS drive. No updates found or needed. Only desktop .ini file type is displayed when CD is inserted.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by RobertMitchell7, Mar 9, 2019.

1. CD will not play.

I cannot play any CD or DVD in ASUS drive. No updates found or needed. Only desktop .ini file type is displayed when CD is inserted.

:)

RobertMitchell7, Mar 9, 2019
  2. Mayra Aqu Win User

CD plays one disc incorrectly

For us to isolate the issue, we would like to clarify if you were referring to another computer when you said
    "The CD plays fine elsewhere so it is OK." on your first post. If so, is it both running Windows 10 version?

To identify the exact reason why the issue is happening, we suggest playing the disc manually using the steps below:

• Type File Explorer on Cortana/Search bar, then click it.
    • On the File Explorer window, click This PC.
    • Right-click on the CD drive then, click Open.
      CD will not play. 7415d552-8599-4d63-8121-16dc57c5d669.png
    • The music files will show up, choose a certain music to play.

Let us know if the music will respond accordingly.

Mayra Aqu, Mar 9, 2019
  3. MEDIA PLAYER- unable to play or rip cd's

Hi Christine,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We regret the inconvenience caused to you. We will be glad to assist you with the issue.

• Did you check if you are able to play using other CD'S?
    • What is the exact error message or code you receive when you try to play the cd or try to Rip?

For now let's try the below steps and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to check if the rip settings are set correctly as mentioned in this article:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/change-settings-for-ripping-music

Method 2:

I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the Windows Media player and check if the issue persists. Refer to these steps to uninstall and reinstall Windows Media player:

• Press Window key + F, select “Settings’ tab below the search box.
    • Type “Turn Windows features ON or OFF” and click on the tile with the same name.
    • Now, expand the “Media features” and uncheck the box against “Windows Media player”.
    • Restart the computer.
    • Now follow the same steps and check the box against “Windows Media player” and
      restart the computer to reinstall.
    • Check if the issue persists.

Hope it helps. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Mar 9, 2019
  4. Ji-M Win User

CD will not play.

CANT PLAY CD/DVDS THROUGH MEDIA PLAYER

I tried method 1 and restarted my computer. I was still unable to play my CD. I then began Method 2 and got to step 3. Here I had to stop because I did not any "DVD\CD-ROM" drivers in the list.

Ji-M, Mar 9, 2019
Thema:

CD will not play.

1. CD will not play. - Similar Threads - play

2. My window10 in 2022 would open Iphone .MOV files but now, in 2023 and 2024 they will not play?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My window10 in 2022 would open Iphone .MOV files but now, in 2023 and 2024 they will not play?: Movie files from an I Phone downloaded in 2022 as .MOV play fine on my computer but recent I Phone .MOV files will not play, what has changed and how can I get the .MOV file to play on my computer?...
  3. My window10 in 2022 would open Iphone .MOV files but now, in 2023 and 2024 they will not play?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My window10 in 2022 would open Iphone .MOV files but now, in 2023 and 2024 they will not play?: Movie files from an I Phone downloaded in 2022 as .MOV play fine on my computer but recent I Phone .MOV files will not play, what has changed and how can I get the .MOV file to play on my computer?...
  4. My PC technically still recognises my speakers, but won't play audio anymore missing drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC technically still recognises my speakers, but won't play audio anymore missing drivers: My Logitech S150 USB Speakers show up as "USB Audio" in the "Other Devices" section in my Settings. The volume buttons on the speakers can control the audio slider in my Audio Settings. But crucially, since today, no amount of restarting my PC and switching USB ports has...
  5. My PC technically still recognises my speakers, but won't play audio anymore missing drivers

My PC technically still recognises my speakers, but won't play audio anymore missing drivers: My Logitech S150 USB Speakers show up as "USB Audio" in the "Other Devices" section in my Settings. The volume buttons on the speakers can control the audio slider in my Audio Settings. But crucially, since today, no amount of restarting my PC and switching USB ports has...
  6. When I press alt+tab or window button while playing fortnite it resets display settings to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I press alt+tab or window button while playing fortnite it resets display settings to...: When I press alt+tab or window button while playing fortnite it resets display settings to 60hz and 1080p. The screen also turns black for about 4-5 seconds. I tried updating my drivers but it still did not work....
  7. When I press alt+tab or window button while playing fortnite it resets display settings to...

When I press alt+tab or window button while playing fortnite it resets display settings to...: When I press alt+tab or window button while playing fortnite it resets display settings to 60hz and 1080p. The screen also turns black for about 4-5 seconds. I tried updating my drivers but it still did not work....
  8. Windows 11 PC Hard Freezes while playing certain games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 PC Hard Freezes while playing certain games: My Windows 11 PC freezes while playing certain games. The monitors will lock up and the computer will be completely unresponsive. Usually Destiny 2 but it has happened less frequently while playing other games. I usually have to hard shutdown or wait for BSOD/reboot. I have...
  9. Windows 11 PC Hard Freezes while playing certain games

Windows 11 PC Hard Freezes while playing certain games: My Windows 11 PC freezes while playing certain games. The monitors will lock up and the computer will be completely unresponsive. Usually Destiny 2 but it has happened less frequently while playing other games. I usually have to hard shutdown or wait for BSOD/reboot. I have...
  10. Is there any way to play the old Windows 7 internet games?

Is there any way to play the old Windows 7 internet games?: Is there any way to play the old Windows 7 internet games Internet Backgammo, Internet Checkers, Internet Spades ? And PLEASE dont recommend me any alternatives, i want THESE!...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cd not playing 1903