Windows 10: CD Writer no longer works

Discus and support CD Writer no longer works in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, My external Liteon CD Writer no longer works. It starts to record, then ejects the CDs. I have tried CD Burner XP as well as Windows Media... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ChrisFrith1, Sep 26, 2019.

1. CD Writer no longer works

Hello,

My external Liteon CD Writer no longer works.

It starts to record, then ejects the CDs.

I have tried CD Burner XP as well as Windows Media Player and various makes of CD.

It works OK on other Computer and has worked fine on this HP Computer until just recently.

Could anybody suggest a solution please?

Thank you,

Chris Frith

:)

ChrisFrith1, Sep 26, 2019
  2. Joe TR Win User

Microsoft 10 and Samsung DVD/CD writer not working

Either one of the previous suggestions did not work either.

Example is that when I put the cd in that came with the writer, the writer runs and the files come up but the pages do not come up. I can click on a file and that opens up and click on another file and that comes up as a picture using slide viewer.

No other options available. Like I said earlier, when a cd is put in the writer, the box that comes up that says run, etc. does not come up but does in another notebook using W-7.

Maybe just a suggestion on a replacement that is compatible and will work.

Thanks

Joe TR, Sep 26, 2019
  3. sailor44 Win User
    lost cd writer upon win 10 install

My CD writer is recognized by the asus bios , but after installing win 10, the OS does not recognize it. I have moved the sata cable from one port to the other, and tried several other things, all to no avail. Anyone have a suggestion?? *Sad

Everything else works fine!

sailor44, Sep 26, 2019
  4. Joe TR Win User

CD Writer no longer works

Microsoft 10 and Samsung DVD/CD writer not working

I've done everything suggested plus had a rep from Microsoft control my computer but no luck. Drivers say up to date. Firmware is current(2014) and nothing says it's incompatible.

Either Microsoft needs to remedy this or I need some suggestions for external DVD/CD writers that will work with W-10. I'm not going to purchase something and not work again. I've spent entirely too much time at this. Samsung is no help either.

Thanks for the suggestions but there's something just not clicking quite right.

Joe TR, Sep 26, 2019
Thema:

CD Writer no longer works

1. CD Writer no longer works - Similar Threads - Writer longer works

2. cd writer won't burn discs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cd writer won't burn discs: I have a sandstrom cd writer but my win 10 HP laptop wont burn discs to it. Ive tried several programs and get the same error message saying check drivers or connection. It reads and plays cds and dvds fine just wont write....
  3. cd writer won't burn discs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cd writer won't burn discs: I have a sandstrom cd writer but my win 10 HP laptop wont burn discs to it. Ive tried several programs and get the same error message saying check drivers or connection. It reads and plays cds and dvds fine just wont write....
  4. CD ROM writer/ reader

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CD ROM writer/ reader: Hope I'm not beating a dead horse after all these years. It's an " old " Dell INSPIRON 560 / Windows 10 - updates current , with a 256 SSD put in years ago. Computer still works GOOD as a backup PC.Decided to use the DVD/CD Rom drive - HL-DT-ST DVD+- RW GH70N.....PROBLEM : it...
  5. CD ROM writer/ reader

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CD ROM writer/ reader: Hope I'm not beating a dead horse after all these years. It's an " old " Dell INSPIRON 560 / Windows 10 - updates current , with a 256 SSD put in years ago. Computer still works GOOD as a backup PC.Decided to use the DVD/CD Rom drive - HL-DT-ST DVD+- RW GH70N.....PROBLEM : it...
  6. CD ROM writer/ reader

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Sandstrom USB DVD/CD Writer

Sandstrom USB DVD/CD Writer: Installed Sandstrom USB CD/DVD writer on Acer Laptop but doesn't work - keep getting Windows Code 32 error message. Tried deleting and reinstalling drivers but still doesn't work? Any help would be appreciated,...
  8. CD Writer not showing up

CD Writer not showing up: Hi there My cd rom drive shows up intermittently, usually not at all. I have searched on this forum and tried various fixes. I do not have upper or lower things in the registry, (sorry for the bad description) I've tried the tweakingwindows.com fix and no luck. As I said, it...
  9. External cd/dvd writer

External cd/dvd writer: I purchased a Verbatim Slimline cd/dvd writer and cannot get it installed on my Dell laptop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-cddvd-writer/9b9479f9-7f37-419a-b192-df4925cbc8a9
  10. DVD/cd writer cycling

DVD/cd writer cycling: I run W8.1 and 10130 on the same desktop. They are on separate SSD's and only plugged in one at a time. When 10130 is in and idle, the DVD/CD will cycle meaning it tries to do a read. Last's about 5 seconds and repeats every 3 minutes. The tray is empty. W8.1 does not repeat...