Windows 10: CDDVD Drive

Discus and support CDDVD Drive in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Says there is no disc inserted yet there is and it wont play it. The disc contains my old 35mm transparencies that have been scanned in.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ChrisBurrows2, Sep 13, 2019.

1. CDDVD Drive

Says there is no disc inserted yet there is and it wont play it. The disc contains my old 35mm transparencies that have been scanned in.

:)

ChrisBurrows2, Sep 13, 2019

2. CDDVD Drives

My upgrade to Win 10 from Win 7 went smoothly except for one small detail...I have 2 CDDVD drives on my system that worked perfectly with Win 7, but after upgrading, only 1 (DCDDVD Drive :) shows up. The second drive does not show up on "This PC" or in the Device
    Manager. Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can get this PC to recognize both drives?

DelmarWork, Sep 13, 2019
  3. Marc-André Brousseau, Sep 13, 2019
  4. Dalziel Win User

CDDVD Drive

Win 10 Update 1809 not detecting CDDVD drive

Hi
    Since updating my desktopvto 1809 (unknowingly!) windows only very rarely detects my CDDVD drive. Did a roll back to 1803 but now even that doesnot detect theCD drive. Have tried various internet suggested solutions without success.*Banghead
    Edited the registry for Atapi, Controller0 (EnumDevice setto 1
    Ran sfc /scannow
    Show hidden devices in Device management, updated drivers
    Checked sata and other physical connections......etc.
    It's hit and miss whether windows detects the cd drive, more miss than hit!
    The drive shows in the bios and can be booted from so no physical problems. Drive works fine with Linux (dual boot)
    Even did a clean install using media creation tool but ....nothing.
    Any help would be welcome. Very frustrating.

Thanks

Dalziel, Sep 13, 2019
Thema:

CDDVD Drive

1. CDDVD Drive - Similar Threads - CDDVD Drive

2. fix sub flash drive.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    fix sub flash drive.: Trying to fix USB flash drive not being recognized by the system https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fix-sub-flash-drive/54703b43-638e-4331-8db0-c8414a1a8862
  3. fix sub flash drive.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    fix sub flash drive.: Trying to fix USB flash drive not being recognized by the system https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fix-sub-flash-drive/54703b43-638e-4331-8db0-c8414a1a8862
  4. fix sub flash drive.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Remove every bit of code of One Drive !

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remove every bit of code of One Drive !: As many have posted: REMOVE ALL ASPECTS OF ONE DRIVE! Clearly MS is part of the data mining entities. I personally loathe One Drive. It's defaulted for a reason to go to the cloud. The multiple requesters that have posted in this forum want it removed in it's entirety, NOT...
  6. Remove every bit of code of One Drive !

Remove every bit of code of One Drive !: As many have posted: REMOVE ALL ASPECTS OF ONE DRIVE! Clearly MS is part of the data mining entities. I personally loathe One Drive. It's defaulted for a reason to go to the cloud. The multiple requesters that have posted in this forum want it removed in it's entirety, NOT...
  7. I recently uninstalled my one-drive and it took away my local files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I recently uninstalled my one-drive and it took away my local files: I uninstall my one-drive and it deleted local files from my desktop,documents and pictures. How am i able to restore it? i tried using the restore option on one-drive but it doesn't show my files there. some of the files are not backed up because my one-drive is full but the...
  8. I recently uninstalled my one-drive and it took away my local files

I recently uninstalled my one-drive and it took away my local files: I uninstall my one-drive and it deleted local files from my desktop,documents and pictures. How am i able to restore it? i tried using the restore option on one-drive but it doesn't show my files there. some of the files are not backed up because my one-drive is full but the...
  9. Win 10 Update 1809 not detecting CDDVD drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Win 10 Update 1809 not detecting CDDVD drive: Hi Since updating my desktopvto 1809 (unknowingly!) windows only very rarely detects my CDDVD drive. Did a roll back to 1803 but now even that doesnot detect theCD drive. Have tried various internet suggested solutions without success.*Banghead Edited the registry for Atapi,...
  10. HP CDDVD SN-208bb and Windows 10 Help

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HP CDDVD SN-208bb and Windows 10 Help: Greetings, I am at a lost as to what is going on with the CDVD drive. I bought the Laptop (Compaq Presario CQ57-229WM) at a Computer Repair shop and before the 30 day warranty was up, the Hard Drive crashed and at the point between when I bought it and it crashed (Hard...