Windows 10: CDDVDW player not recognized in File Explorer and won't play a DVD or CD following a Reset...

Discus and support CDDVDW player not recognized in File Explorer and won't play a DVD or CD following a Reset... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have searched the web and tried every recommendation and none of them made a difference. Here is my current PC information after reinstalling... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ferdi15, Apr 15, 2019.

1. ferdi15 Win User

CDDVDW player not recognized in File Explorer and won't play a DVD or CD following a Reset...

I have searched the web and tried every recommendation and none of them made a difference.

Here is my current PC information after reinstalling Windows 10 and applying all available updates.

System Information
    Manufacturer Hewlett-Packard
    Model HP Pavilion p7-1436s Desktop PC
    System ID 2AE0
    Serial Number MXX23806MC
    Product Number H4A32AA#ABA
    Memory Size 8192 MB RAM
    BIOS Date 08/24/2012
    BIOS Revision 8.07
    Operating System Image 12NA3RR8604#SABA#DABA
    Installed OS version 1809 (10.0.17763)

Windows specifications
    Edition Windows 10 Home
    Version 1809
    Installed on 4/11/2019
    OS build 17763.437

Device specifications
    Device name desktop
    Processor AMD A6-5400K APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics 3.60 GHz
    Installed RAM 8.00 GB (7.40 GB usable)
    Device ID 00067359-FFDC-47F5-B4C5-0161B92E449C
    Product ID 00326-10000-00000-AA258
    System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
    Pen and touch No pen or tough input is available for this display

Optical Drive 1
    Model hp CDDVDW SH-216ALN SATA CdRom Device
    Firmware version HAAA

Driver Version 10.0.17763.1

Driver Date 6/21/2006

I have tried updating the driver using device manager

I have tried uninstalling the device using device manager

I have made multiple suggested registry entries using regedit

The drive is recognized in Window as when I open File Explorer and click on "This PC" I see DVD RW drive (ECDDVDW player not recognized in File Explorer and won't play a DVD or CD following a Reset... :) in the right panel and if I click on it the drive ejects/or opens.

The drive was working fine before I did the reset

None of the suggestions I found online have worked. I used device manager to update all drivers related to the CD/DVD drive and I get the message "The best drivers for your device are already installed".

Is there something else I can try?

:)

ferdi15, Apr 15, 2019

2. Windows DVD Player installed in Windows 10 but not recognizing DVD to play

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

The DVD Player app only supports the following:

a. DVDs from a file backup is not supported, the app currently only plays DVD movies on optical discs.

b. The App will only play DVD's not Blu-ray discs.

If you satisfy both the categories, I would suggest you follow the steps below and see if it helps:

Update DVD/CD-ROM drives from Device Manager.

• Press Windows key + R key. Type "devmgmt.msc" and click Enter.

• Expand the DVD/CD-ROM drives.

• Double-click on the DVD/CD-ROM drive.

• In Properties, go to Drivers Tab and click on Update.
    If this does not work you might have to Uninstall and then reinstall your drivers in compatibility mode.

Follow the steps to uninstall and reinstall the driver.

• Press Windows key + R key. Type "devmgmt.msc" and click Enter.

• Expand the DVD/CD-ROM drives.

• Double-click on the DVD/CD-ROM drive.

• In Properties, go to Drivers Tab and click on Uninstall.

• Reinstall your audio driver from Manufacturer's Website in Compatibility mode.

• Restart your system
    Hope this helps. Please respond if you have further related queries.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Apr 15, 2019
  3. dvd player don`t work

I just upgraded to windows 10 .my dvd player on my hp 2000 laptop won`t play cd`s or dvd`s .also I can not play videos on facebook or youtube.

k.p.harris, Apr 15, 2019
  4. CDDVDW player not recognized in File Explorer and won't play a DVD or CD following a Reset...

CD/DVD drive won't play CDs & does not appear in This PC list in File Explorer

Hello --

The CD/DVD drive on my older PC with Windows 10 has stopped playing CDs, and the drive does not appear under This PC in File Explorer.

- Yet Device Manager lists the drive and under Properties>General states "This device is working properly."

Any suggestions on how to fix this?

Further details:

- This is a reconditioned Lenovo ThinkPad T430s, running Windows 10 Pro

- The drive is Matsushita DVD-RAM UJ8C2 with up-to-date Microsoft driver

- Before it stopped playing and showing up in Explorer, some CDs were intermittently recognized within WMP. I thought this might be b/c of disc condition (borrowed from public library).

Joan-jjblue, Apr 15, 2019
Thema:

CDDVDW player not recognized in File Explorer and won't play a DVD or CD following a Reset...

1. CDDVDW player not recognized in File Explorer and won't play a DVD or CD following a Reset... - Similar Threads - CDDVDW player recognized

2. CDDVDW SU-208DB not recognizing DVD+R and CD-RW

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    CDDVDW SU-208DB not recognizing DVD+R and CD-RW: I have an old Casper laptop running Win 10 that has a CDDVDW SU-208DB as an internal disc reader that can not read DVD+R or Rewritable CDs. I've tried a few different discs by different companies, bought at different times, etc. and all of them spin for a bit, stop, then...
  3. CDDVDW SU-208DB not recognizing DVD+R and CD-RW

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CDDVDW SU-208DB not recognizing DVD+R and CD-RW: I have an old Casper laptop running Win 10 that has a CDDVDW SU-208DB as an internal disc reader that can not read DVD+R or Rewritable CDs. I've tried a few different discs by different companies, bought at different times, etc. and all of them spin for a bit, stop, then...
  4. CDDVDW SU-208DB not recognizing DVD+R and CD-RW

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. DVD Player won't Play Movies but will Play CD's

DVD Player won't Play Movies but will Play CD's: I have an HP Pavilion 23 all in one. When I insert a DVD it will not play. All drivers are up to date. I can insert a CD and it will play and I can transfer the music I choose to my music library but it does not play a DVD. Why would this happen?...
  6. DVD Player won't Play Movies but will Play CD's

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DVD Player won't Play Movies but will Play CD's: I have an HP Pavilion 23 all in one. When I insert a DVD it will not play. All drivers are up to date. I can insert a CD and it will play and I can transfer the music I choose to my music library but it does not play a DVD. Why would this happen?...
  7. DVD Player won't Play Movies but will Play CD's

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. My DVD/CD Player is not Recognized

My DVD/CD Player is not Recognized: I recently lost my DVD/CD player from playing anything and I tried troubleshooting but still cannot get it to work.I took his computer to Staples and they had to do a Factory reset but the DVD/CD Player problem still exist. What do I need to do to get it working again?...
  9. DVD/CD player not recognized

DVD/CD player not recognized: After updating, my DVD/CD player is not recognized Win10/64bit. Why they removed them, is anybody's guess - what a pain - but that's a separate issue. Here's what I've done: 1 Updated all drivers in Device Manager. Made sure all hidden files are showing. Made sure...
  10. DVD recognized but won't play DVD

DVD recognized but won't play DVD: DVD recognized but won't play DVD https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dvd-recognized-but-wont-play-dvd/e9e8dd40-aaa7-48ca-86e8-22e8cf9ca3c6