Windows 10: CDPUserSvc remains turned ON cunsuming CPU

Discus and support CDPUserSvc remains turned ON cunsuming CPU in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [IMG] Hi Im using Windows 10 version 1909 So, im concerned about one of the process/services called "CDPUserSvc" CDPUserSvc running and consuming... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/a2t1, Nov 17, 2019.

1. /u/a2t1 Win User

CDPUserSvc remains turned ON cunsuming CPU

CDPUserSvc remains turned ON cunsuming CPU [​IMG]

Hi

Im using Windows 10 version 1909

So, im concerned about one of the process/services called "CDPUserSvc"

CDPUserSvc running and consuming quite a lot of CPU

To kill it, i must go to the windows services manager, and manually stop it there.

Stopping CDPUserSvc

I can't change the startup type to any other, cuz i'll see "Invalid parameter" error

Errors...

So - ok - i tried to change startup type in regedit and it worked, but after reboot and a few minutes of working, service changes it's ID (at the end of it's name) aaand...

ヽ( ͠°෴ °)ノ

Any solutions? Do you have this problem too?

submitted by /u/a2t1
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/a2t1, Nov 17, 2019

2. CDPUserSvc using high CPU

Hi Mustafa Vohra,

Aside from disabling CDPUserSvc in the registry and uninstalling the recent update, there are other troubleshooting steps that you can try. Follow the steps on how to resolve CDpusersvc issue:

Method 1: Isolate the process by running a few commands in Command Prompt:

Running this command will scan and fix issues with the Cdpusersvc process. For instructions, follow the steps below:

1. On the Start Menu, type Command Prompt. Right-click the result, and then click Run as administrator.
    2. Type this command followed by hitting Enter:

sc config cdpusersvc type=own

Method 2: Create a .bat file to stop the Cdpusersvc service.

1. Open Notepad.
    2. Copy and paste these command lines on the Notepad:

@ECHO OFF

SC QUERY state= all>servicesdump.txt

FINDSTR /L /C:”SERVICE_NAME: CDPUserSvc_” servicesdump.txt >CDPservice.txt

FOR /F “usebackq tokens=2” %%i IN (CDPservice.txt) DO SET CDPUserSvc=%%i

NET Stop “%CDPUserSvc%”

SC Delete “%CDPUserSvc%”

DEL CDPservice.txt

DEL servicesdump.txt

(Note: Make sure to copy as well the space below the last command.)
    3. Select File and then click Save as.

CDPUserSvc remains turned ON cunsuming CPU 8d39364a-dc06-4ecb-a600-6c1a7f02750b?upload=true.png
    4. Set Save as type to All Files and enter
      fix.bat
      in File name field. Click
      Save
      to save changes.

CDPUserSvc remains turned ON cunsuming CPU 7021f85c-a3ef-4281-9d73-68f452b37524?upload=true.png

Let us know the result.

Monica Cam, Nov 17, 2019
  3. CDPUserSvc using high CPU

Tried the following

By 1st method nothing happens. CDPusersvc running high in CPU

By 2nd method CDPUsersvc get disabled(it's type value changes ). CDPUsersvc_xxxxxxxx is not seen in registery. Task view is still not working

Mustafa Vohra, Nov 17, 2019
  4. Eagle51 Win User

CDPUserSvc using high CPU

Sorry, I don't have a fix for your high cpu usage from CDPUserSvc *Sad

AFAIK ... this is by design as MS is using the CDPUserSvc for the Task View / Timeline and as you found out, disabling it breaks Task View / Timeline. I'm using Win10 Home -1803 (17134.191) and if I disable CDPUserSvc my Taskview / Timeline breaks and I see the same thing as you're seeing.

IIRC .... When the CDPUserSvc is disabled, you won't see a CDPUserSvc_xxx in the registry

Eagle51, Nov 17, 2019
Thema:

1. CDPUserSvc remains turned ON cunsuming CPU - Similar Threads - CDPUserSvc remains turned

2. LSA protection will not turn on, notification that it is turned off remains after restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    LSA protection will not turn on, notification that it is turned off remains after restart: LSA protection is enabled. Notification appeared to say that it was not enabled, toggling off and on again and restarting the computer has not resolved this. LSA still appears to be off despite being enabled....
  3. CDPUserSvc high CPU usage (30%)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    CDPUserSvc high CPU usage (30%): Hello everyone, I have a problem where a "service host" CdpUserSvc is utilizing about 30% of my cpu (it shows up in device manager). It causes my laptop's fan to constantly be on and waste the battery. I can stop/disable the process but it will no longer allow me to use the...
  4. CDPUserSvc high cpu 100%

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    CDPUserSvc high cpu 100%: got a problem I noticed a few days ago I kept getting this weird noise from pc or freeze when playing games so today I rebooted and opened task manager and it showed CDPUserSvc using all cpu up and down every 1sec so I read online how to disable it not sure if it worked but...
  5. Taskbar remains visible when autohide is turned on

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar remains visible when autohide is turned on: In Windows 10 Pro the taskbar remains visible with the result that I cannot see the applications that are running, and thus cannot select tabs in the browser. Please advise the cure!! Thank you....
  6. Wifi turns off and remains unable to be turned on except in safe mode

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi turns off and remains unable to be turned on except in safe mode: I have an issue on the latest version of Windows 10 (1903) where my WiFi will turn off if I click on notifications or open up the network icon under hidden icons. It will then be disabled and do nothing if I try to enable it. The only way for met o fix it is to go into safe...
  7. SVCHost CDPUserSvc using 25% of CPU every startup !!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    SVCHost CDPUserSvc using 25% of CPU every startup !!: For at least a month now SVCHost.exe -k unistacksvcgroup -s CDPUserSvc has been loading with every new boot or restart and using a huge 1/4 of my quad core CPU!! I can only end it by using the kill function in Process Explorer every time - please see screenshots below...
  8. CDPUserSvc using high CPU

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    CDPUserSvc using high CPU: Since 1 week I have been observing that my battery is draining higher and battery getting hot. After observing found that CDPUserSvc is using around 30% CPU. I think it is because of recent window updates. I tried uninstalling recent updates but no changes. I tried disabling...
  9. CDPUserSvc using high CPU

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    CDPUserSvc using high CPU: Since 1 week I have been observing that my battery is draining higher and battery getting hot. After observing found that CDPUserSvc is using around 30% CPU. I think it is because of recent window updates. I tried uninstalling recent updates but no changes. I tried disabling...
  10. CDPUserSvc

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    CDPUserSvc: Hello I've clean installed my system windows 10 1803, after connecting Windows to my account ”CDPUserSvc“ starts receiving non-stop data from internet. Does any body have the Same experience? I've tested on two different Systems with two different Outlook accounts. Any...