Windows 10: CDs and DVDs do not work with my new laptop

Discus and support CDs and DVDs do not work with my new laptop in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have loads of CDs and DVDs but my brand new Win11 Lenovo doesn't even recognise my remote USB drive. I've already looked into this and none of the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by A-Lenovo-user, Nov 29, 2022.

1. CDs and DVDs do not work with my new laptop

I have loads of CDs and DVDs but my brand new Win11 Lenovo doesn't even recognise my remote USB drive. I've already looked into this and none of the fixes seem to work. Surely there MUST be a fix from microsoft for this? Not something requiring in-depth programming knowledge either! This machine is BRAND NEW so cannot be 'cos of corrupt files etc. PLEASE HELP as I am sure I'm not the only person to ask!!

:)

A-Lenovo-user, Nov 29, 2022
  2. thomaseg1 Win User

New DVD/CD - Not Running

First check the bios ,see if it it is listed as a startup device.
    if not then the mainboard is not recognizing it and you Should check the cables and connections.
    Forget devices, open the Device Manager and see if it is there, check properties
    un check "turn off this device to save power" (just for now)
    also check for any errors.
    second step if all appears good is to delete the dvd in the Device Manager with the drivers.
    reboot and see if it shows.

thomaseg1, Nov 29, 2022
  3. elbmek Win User
    New DVD/CD - Not Running

DVD/CD player acting up so got a new one, an ASUS DRW-24D5MT 48 x or whatever, Its listed in devices, its not listed in File Explorer, and will not run. I went to ASUS and installed driver for this model, still nothing. Sys Info says driver not available. Asus told me to do scannow - no difference. Put DVD in, starts to run then stops, same for a CD.

Win 10 Home x 64 H20 19041.vb_release. 19206-1406

Also USB CD/DVD player (used for tablet) not working in pc either.

elbmek, Nov 29, 2022
  4. Ivann1938 Win User

CDs and DVDs do not work with my new laptop

DVD/CD Player not working

I have a Lenovo G505s Laptop with Windows 10 and a DVD/ CD Player that suddenly does not work. The computer tells me the drivers are OK. I have been into Device Manager and uninstalled and reinstalled both the DVD player and the associated controller without success. The DVD player appears to be working OK ( I can hear it working and the small power light comes on ) but for some reason the system does not recognise it . I am reluctant to get involved in registry changes ( suggested as a possible source of the problem ) as I am not too computer savvy.

Ivann1938, Nov 29, 2022
Thema:

CDs and DVDs do not work with my new laptop

1. CDs and DVDs do not work with my new laptop - Similar Threads - CDs DVDs laptop

2. CDs and DVDs do not work with my new laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CDs and DVDs do not work with my new laptop: I have loads of CDs and DVDs but my brand new Win11 Lenovo doesn't even recognise my remote USB drive. I've already looked into this and none of the fixes seem to work. Surely there MUST be a fix from microsoft for this? Not something requiring in-depth programming knowledge...
  3. CD/DVD Problem. DVDs are recognised but not CDs

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    CD/DVD Problem. DVDs are recognised but not CDs: Can anyone help end my frustration?I recently started ripping my CD collection to FLAC on an external drive, using Windows Media Player, going from ABBA to Zydeco. I got as far as the letter G and tried the Gorillaz CD which turned out to be an enhanced CD which I couldn't...
  4. Laptop not reading CDs/DVDs on external player

Laptop not reading CDs/DVDs on external player: I have a Pavilion laptop with Windows 10 that has worked with my external CD/DVD player/burner for two years. Suddenly it is not reading the media on the disc and saying that they are blank when they are pre-recorded. I have tried this on several discs and one other external...
  5. Copy the content of all my CDs and DVDs to notebook

Copy the content of all my CDs and DVDs to notebook: CDs and DVDs are no longer easy to use. Most notebooks and desktops no longer offer a CD or DVD reader/writer.I have a huge collection of songs and movies officialy bought ! that I would like to copy into my notebook HD or SSD.How can I do it ?...
  6. internal dvd player stopped working-won't play dvds or cds

internal dvd player stopped working-won't play dvds or cds: or anything else. It shows up in My Computer, but will not work. Checking it in Device Manager, the message is there is no problem with the player, or the driver. Super strange, have never encountered this. I have an Acer All-In-One, and if I can't fix it, I will just...
  7. dvd player in Dell laptop not recgnizing cds and dvds .

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    dvd player in Dell laptop not recgnizing cds and dvds .: Sir, My dvd player is not recgnizing cds and dvds .mine is dell inspiron5558 running win 10Home.i did driver updates a month back.after it this happened.please help me. thank you Kanpur, 25.9.20...
  8. DVDs won't play (CDs and install disks work fine)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    DVDs won't play (CDs and install disks work fine): Ever since I upgraded to Windows 10, DVDs specifically won't even come up as being in the drive/I can't play them even with third party programs. CDs will come up just fine and so will install disks, it's just DVDs for some reason. Is there any way to possibly fix this?...
  9. playing cds/dvds on an external drive

playing cds/dvds on an external drive: Whether my win10 laptop will play cds on an external drive is somewhat hit-and-miss. I have 2 drives, one old and one new. I have the same problem with both, though the old one is recognised as a drive, whereas it seems the newer one isn't. This is a huge problem, as I use...
  10. Media Player not working for CDs or DVDs - and never has.

Media Player not working for CDs or DVDs - and never has.: I have never succeeded in playing either a CD or DVD. When I insert a disc, it whirrs for a bit then is silent. Nothing appears in the navigation pane of media player, and it does not begin playing by itself. I have Windows 10 on a Toshiba....