Windows 10: CEIP - rundll32.exe high CPU use in Win 10?

Discus and support CEIP - rundll32.exe high CPU use in Win 10? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi, I found my CPU being used to 50% by rundll32.exe invagent,RunUpdate -noappraiser QwarAFRPWUiri4M6.4 which from Win 7/8 reports appears to be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by dalchina, Aug 16, 2015.

1. dalchina New Member

CEIP - rundll32.exe high CPU use in Win 10?

Hi, I found my CPU being used to 50% by
    rundll32.exe invagent,RunUpdate -noappraiser QwarAFRPWUiri4M6.4
    which from Win 7/8 reports appears to be sthg to do with the Customer Experience Improvement Program.

Process Explorer seemed no help on this, and I've been running Win 10 for 2 or 3 weeks without this as far as I know, so am wondering if it's sthg introduced in a recent update.

As yet I don't know how to opt out if it's the CEIP as I've read about it.

After over an hour, it stopped running and CPU use returned to normal.
    Has anyone else seen this - know how to stop it? Thanks!

:)

dalchina, Aug 16, 2015
  2. sarmadys Win User
    sarmadys, Aug 16, 2015
  3. Trash process Windows 10 - rundll32.exe invagent,RunUpdate -noappraiser mk18A+Y8iEukvX+P.4

This rogue process had eaten up quite CPU time of my laptop. I had this issue after installing Windows 10. I guess I was too nice to accept Customer Experience Program. I recommend the solution in the second option i.e. CEIP - rundll32.exe high CPU use in Win 10? Solved - Windows 10 Forums

Thanks,

Ayhan

AyhanDemiriz, Aug 16, 2015
  4. topgundcp Win User

This is a very first thing that I turn off after any Windows Installation (7/8/10).
    • Control Panel->Administrative Tools->Task Scheduler
    • Right click & disable 3 items as shown:

CEIP - rundll32.exe high CPU use in Win 10? [​IMG]

topgundcp, Aug 16, 2015
  5. dalchina New Member
    Many thanks! Done.

Never had to do that before- I guess I must have opted out.

dalchina, Aug 16, 2015
  6. MP3
    mp3 Win User
    Thanks @topgundcp, it's been driving me crazy since upgrading from Win8.1.

I can't opt in our out of CEIP (both choices are grayed out), presumably because I'm not signed into an MS account. Yet the damn thing is still spying on me?? So I'm basically opted in by default, but with no way to verify it or opt out. Nice MS.

Next we'll find that they'll auto-enable the tasks in a forced update, and if they don't change their ways it will be an eternal cat & mouse game or ugly hacks that sooner or later break something else. Going back to Win8.1 is starting to look better every day ...

7. johngo Win User
    Having the same issue (upgraded to Win10 about three weeks ago). Did as you suggested, but the process keep reappearing after restart. After stopping the process from the Task Manager it will come back after half an hour or so.
    Checked the Task Scheduler setttings, the items are disabled as per your suggestion.

Any other things I could try?

Thanks,
    John

johngo, Sep 1, 2015
  8. Vaio 7 Win User

The first thing I have done after W 10 installation, needless to say that it was an OFFLINE installation, once media creation tool downloaded the necessary files, internet was disconnected, because otherwise when you hit the W 10 Desktop screen Windows Update is already running and downloading, no thanks.
    In my case, the Task Scheduler items stick to "disabled" but I have more items disabled, search in Task Scheduler for other CEIP tasks, you will have to search the folders one by one, and also under Update Orchestrator & Windows Update folders I had to disable a bunch of things, like Scheduled Windows Update at boot, sih, sih boot, Auto Update of Store apps and many diskcleanup and Windows Update temp file scheduled related tasks. WinSat is also disabled and many others.
    Systems are running really smooth since initial installation.

Vaio 7, Sep 1, 2015
  9. johngo Win User
    Thanks! You've given me enough key words for further searching and I will certainly go and dig around in the Task Scheduler.

John

johngo, Sep 1, 2015
  10. There is also an automatic trigger on the Consolidator task that needs to be manually disabled by bringing up the task properties, then editing the trigger enabled setting.

SurfaceTension, Dec 7, 2015
  11. yami Win User
  12. CptKoekie Win User
    Your are my hero. Problem solved. Thank you!!!

CptKoekie, Apr 21, 2017
  13. FerchogtX Win User

There is a service called "Telemetry and Connected user experiences" or something like that in the services window... try also to disable that, as it's the culprit of high CPU and disk usage in many cases.
    Disable that service along with the tasks, thsi should do it.

FerchogtX, May 28, 2017
  14. Landi Win User
    I usually using startup section to disable it. The process is actually pretty safe, but there are lot of virus that hide using this process.

Landi, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. CEIP - rundll32.exe high CPU use in Win 10? - Similar Threads - CEIP rundll32 exe

2. rundll32.exe

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    rundll32.exe: What would likely cause an error flag, "Win can't find file rundll32.exe in c:\Windows\System32", when the file does exist in this directory; date mod = 3/19/2019; size = 695 KB?...
  3. RUNDLL32.EXE

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    RUNDLL32.EXE: I am running Windows 10, ver 1909, OS build 18363.720. The RUNDLL#@.exe file has ceased to function. I can not longer access the screen saver program and the screen saver does not work. when I try to access the screen saver program thu settings I get the following message...
  4. DUplicate rundll32.exe in DCOM

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    DUplicate rundll32.exe in DCOM: Wondering could it be possible to get rid of the duplicate rundll32.exe entry from dcom. When opening dcom warning is shown (have clicked no recording). [img] [img] 138478
  5. Windows 10 cannot find rundll32.exe

Windows 10 cannot find rundll32.exe: This problem started when my system did a OS update. I run a windows 10 and since the update of the software, the volume of my system has gone down really low. When I click to open the sounds from the speaker, it gives me the message "windows cannot find the...
  6. cannot get rid of rundll32.exe

cannot get rid of rundll32.exe: Hey guys, some rundll32 processes are doing whatever in my computer and this seems to be very important to them, so that I cannot work comfortably. With Autoruns64.exe I could delete some processes(see this post), but some malicious ones are still there. sfc /scannow didnt...
  7. rundll32.exe causes heavy problems

rundll32.exe causes heavy problems: Hi everyone, It's simply impossible to work fluently without been stopped, because of this process. All rundll32 processes in Task Manager point to the same process in system32. Many antivirus softwares have been tried, but nothing found. System info: Lenovo yoga with i7...
  8. Rundll32.exe Problem

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Rundll32.exe Problem: Hi Everybody as the title shows i want to completely block Windows Host Processes (Rundll32.exe) from being executed and i am very consistent to do so *sarc because its swallowing my cpu all the time *Mad and im sure that its not a virus it just a droll and useless windows...
  9. Rundll32.exe issues | Hello ! :D

in Windows 10 Support
    Rundll32.exe issues | Hello ! :D: First of, hello, just made an account for this one issue. Now then, you can clearly see in the image what the problem is, [img] if for some reason you can't see the image, then the problem is Rundll32, which is a windows host process. It run's it self multiple...
  10. rundll32.exe detected as virus by Avast

in Windows 10 Support
    rundll32.exe detected as virus by Avast: Hi, I have a big issue i have all the time a popup coming from Avast saying it has detected a virus in rundll32.exe It comes when i open explorer or when set volume. Now the worst is that i cant even setup the playback devices for my Audio, when i try to go to sound...
Tags: