Windows 10: Cell phone USB connection issues

Discus and support Cell phone USB connection issues in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello everyone. As the title says, I'm having problems with USB connection issues between my Samsung Galaxy S4 cell phone and my Acer laptop. My... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ericmergen, Sep 13, 2015.

1. Cell phone USB connection issues

Hello everyone.

As the title says, I'm having problems with USB connection issues between my Samsung Galaxy S4 cell phone and my Acer laptop. My phone is running Android 5 and my laptop Windows 10. When I connect my phone to my laptop, it often will connect and disconnect in rapid succession 4 or 5 times, or it will connect normally and then 3 minutes later lose connection. I've tried multiple USB ports, both 3.0 and 2.0, but it still happens.

Has anyone else had this issue? We you able to resolve it?

Thanks!

Eric

:)

ericmergen, Sep 13, 2015
  2. JB8.1 Win User

How do you safely remove a USB drive in Windows 10 ?

You may need to search through the list of devices to find your cell-phone since its probably not being treated as a removable drive by Win10, is its not showing up in the list of disk drives.

Sorry I can't be of more help but I don't have a cell phone to test/replicate the issue with. You may want to try searching more specifically for cell phone (safe removal from Win10) for help/instructions in case Win10 doesn't treat it like a USB drive.

JB8.1, Sep 13, 2015
  3. USB cable connection problem

Señor ultimate:

I finally suceeded, updated my cell phone software directly from the phone. No computer needed. After upgrading to my cell phone's latest software revision I was able to connect using the USB cable. (I'm using USB cable 101)

currican---01, Sep 13, 2015
  4. jds63 Win User

Cell phone USB connection issues

Welcome to Ten-Forums !

Uses what is called Samsung Kies, shows USB drivers and software on Samsung site for it, but no Windows 10. Although under Windows compatibility center is shows to be compatible with Windows 10. Have you tried these drivers though ? http://www.samsung.com/levant/suppor...GT-I9500ZKAMID

jds63, Sep 13, 2015
Thema:

Cell phone USB connection issues

1. Cell phone USB connection issues - Similar Threads - Cell phone USB

2. Cell phone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cell phone: I’m trying to Change my cell phone number but don’t have access to my old phone number But have have all the info it needs https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cell-phone/67a833de-74e1-4e7a-a605-51d7199ba0df
  3. Cell phone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cell phone: I’m trying to Change my cell phone number but don’t have access to my old phone number But have have all the info it needs https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cell-phone/67a833de-74e1-4e7a-a605-51d7199ba0df
  4. Trouble connecting to Hotspot on cell phone

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Trouble connecting to Hotspot on cell phone: Using Windows 10 on a moderately slow Wi-Fi connection so I often use the Hotspot to connect to the Internet. Sometimes it logs on right away, but often times, like this morning, the Hotspot doesn't show up when I open Network & Internet. I disconnect from the Wi-Fi...
  5. One Drive and Cell Phone

One Drive and Cell Phone: I am getting an error message on my Android phone telling me that I am critically low on space. When I check the folder, it's showing multiple one drive folders. I use One Drive on my PC, but have no wish to store the files on my cell. How can I unsync the cell phone from One...
  6. YOUR PHONE and a Samsung Cell

in Windows 10 Support
    YOUR PHONE and a Samsung Cell: Had this working last year on a different cell and number. YourPhone does not recognize the new cell. I am thinking that it is trying to link to the old one. The new cell has the APP installed and it says Your Phone And Pc Are Connected. What to do!!! Is there a way to give...
  7. Cell and Ethernet connection

Cell and Ethernet connection: Hello, I have been trying for some time to find a solution for Windows 10 that will allow cell connection and ethernet to work at the same time, we use the ethernet without any connection to configure IP based devices, once we connect the ethernet port the cell no longer...
  8. Windows 10 PC Connectivity to New MotoG6 Cell Phone

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 PC Connectivity to New MotoG6 Cell Phone: I'm getting an error signal on Windows 10 to make sure the MotoG6 is unlocked, instead of being able to connect my new cell phone to the desktop computer. Can anyone help me with this? The cell phone does not need unlocking?? That has to do with using other carriers besides...
  9. My computer doesn't recognize my cell phone that's connected with USB

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My computer doesn't recognize my cell phone that's connected with USB: Hello everyone, thank you for taking the time to read this. I must first apologize in advance if any of you think this is a computer problem rather than a Windows 10 problem. What I do know is that before I upgraded to Windows 10, there was always a box under (what is now)...
  10. Cell phone integration

in Windows 10 Support
    Cell phone integration: Is there any way to get cell phone apps working from within Windows? Example: would like to use PC keyboard to type messages in WhatsApp. TIA 59437