Windows 10: cellular connection only 3g mode on windows 10

Discus and support cellular connection only 3g mode on windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My laptop model is HP "Folio 1040 G2" sim card supported. I installed the latest varsion driver for my cellular sim and my cellular connection has been... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by azizul9165, Feb 12, 2020.

1. cellular connection only 3g mode on windows 10

My laptop model is HP "Folio 1040 G2" sim card supported. I installed the latest varsion driver for my cellular sim and my cellular connection has been activated too. but in my area 4g connection power is very low. for this reason most of the time 2G is activated instead of 4g connection.

Is there any setting that I can set my cellular network mode only 3G like android phone?

:)

azizul9165, Feb 12, 2020
  2. Eric Ber Win User

Cellular/SIM connection not available/disappearing

Hi,

A faulty cellular adapter is one of the possible reasons why the cellular connection is disappearing from the laptop. A disabled adapter in the Network Connections Settings can also be the cause of this issue. We suggest you to enable the cellular connection
    in the Network Connections settings. You can follow the steps below:

• Press the Windows key.
    • Type View Network Connections.
    • Press the Enter key.
    • Right-click on the cellular adapter and click Enable.

Should you need further assistance, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Eric Ber, Feb 12, 2020
  3. dckirba Win User
    Windows 10 sees ZTE USB 3G modem as a dialup connection, not cellular

Hello Everyone,

I hope you're all doing well cellular connection only 3g mode on windows 10 :)

I have a 2GB/month data connection on a ZTE USB 3G modem. When I connect, it shows up as a dialup connection in Windows 10, meaning that there is no way for me to make it a metered connection. This morning, Windows ate up 1.1 GB of data in the background while I was online for 30 minutes on Amazon and eBay and checking my email. That's half my data gone in a few minutes! *Eek

As you can imagine, I was pretty upset. However, I can't seem to find any workaround for this.

Is there any way to make Windows 10 see that this is a cellular mobile broadband connection? That way I'll be able to set it as a metered connection. Or is there any way to set dialup connections to metered connections? I really can't have all my data being used up in a day.

Thanks for your time!

David

dckirba, Feb 12, 2020
  4. leller Win User

cellular connection only 3g mode on windows 10

Use 3G modem as cellular instead of Dial-UP (win 10)

When I connect my Huawei e3131 modem to my win 10 PC, and use either my cellular operator software or Top Netinfo software to connect to the internet, win 10 shows it as Dial-Up connection. However, different Huawei E3131 3g modem is seen by win 10 as Cellular. How to make the first one be shown as Cellular instead of dial up?

leller, Feb 12, 2020
Thema:

cellular connection only 3g mode on windows 10

1. cellular connection only 3g mode on windows 10 - Similar Threads - cellular connection mode

2. cellular connection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cellular connection: HP elitebook 840 G5 windows 11 cellular mssing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cellular-connection/ca987a9f-d1e7-4ad3-bd13-36f3b4d7f2f4
  3. cellular connection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cellular connection: HP elitebook 840 G5 windows 11 cellular mssing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cellular-connection/ca987a9f-d1e7-4ad3-bd13-36f3b4d7f2f4
  4. cellular connection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    cellular connection: hi, I have a cellular external modem which is installed properly and recognized in the device manager correctly. even the name of the cellular sim card provider company appears correctly. the problem is it is always turned off and I cannot turn it on. I have tried...
  5. How Do i change cellular network mode on win 10 pc to 3G or 4G only?

How Do i change cellular network mode on win 10 pc to 3G or 4G only?: Am using hp Elitebook 2560p with inbuilt sim port. before the upgrade to win 10 i could switch the network modes on the mobile broadband module on win 7 i can't find a place to change the network mode to my prefered mode either 3G or 4G only the apn setting part. Help. Thank...
  6. Why I am not able to share my internet connection using Cellular connection i.e 3G or 4G ?

Why I am not able to share my internet connection using Cellular connection i.e 3G or 4G ?: Plz any one help me: [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-i-am-not-able-to-share-my-internet-connection/b6877176-7cc4-402b-bfed-df3f26dbc9e6
  7. How to connect to a Cellular Network on Windows 10 in S Mode

in Windows 10 News
    How to connect to a Cellular Network on Windows 10 in S Mode: [ATTACH] Microsoft launched Always connected PCs in partnership with OEMs which comes with Windows 10 & in built-in LTE Advanced. This helps the user to maintain a continuous connection wherever you go. Depending on the network, you can get speeds up to [...] This post How...
  8. Compulsory Updates on 3G only PC?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Compulsory Updates on 3G only PC?: Following on from this... I have at least 5 Windows 7 PCs in my house and one on my boat. I really don't want to have to download Windows several times, especially on the 3G only computer. *Eek I'm a bit concerned about the so called compulsory updates. I understand...
  9. Windows 10 & 3G Stick issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 & 3G Stick issue: Running Windows 10 Home on HP 655, having issues connecting Vodafone K4305 3G stick, it doesnt detect at all but detects on Windows 7 machine. Any idea what could be the issue? 44789
  10. Windows 10 sees ZTE USB 3G modem as a dialup connection, not cellular

Windows 10 sees ZTE USB 3G modem as a dialup connection, not cellular: Hello Everyone, I hope you're all doing well *Smile I have a 2GB/month data connection on a ZTE USB 3G modem. When I connect, it shows up as a dialup connection in Windows 10, meaning that there is no way for me to make it a metered connection. This morning, Windows ate...