Windows 10: Cellular metering

Discus and support Cellular metering in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; How to disable Cellular / mobile metering? I got to Network & Internet settings select Data usage, remove limit, set restrict background data to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by David Sloss (David.Sloss), Sep 17, 2018.

1. Cellular metering

How to disable Cellular / mobile metering?

I got to Network & Internet settings select Data usage, remove limit, set restrict background data to Never, and Outlook still thinks its a metered connection.

:)

David Sloss (David.Sloss), Sep 17, 2018
  2. Paey Win User

Windows 10 changing WiFi or Cellular to metered or non metered connections

I have had the most difficult time trying to find information on how to change these 2 types of connections (WiFi & Cellular) to metered or non-metered under the Windows 10 version. I am using a Windows Surface 3 and I couldn't believe how difficult it was
    to find this information. Finally I figured it out on my own.

*Cellular (Mobile Network, Broadband) connections come by default set to metered.
    This I did not know, so whenever I would try to download or connect via Bluetooth, I always got this message saying unable to complete or download due to metered connection. After some research I also learned that this setting can affect some applications
    causing them not to download, update or be playable too so keep that in mind. This setting can also affect your ability to use Tether or Hot Spot.

ALERT PLEASE READ WARNING:

YOU SHOULD KNOW BEFORE CHANGING CELLULAR SETTING TO NON-METERED, any charges you occur is not Microsoft's Windows problem,
    you will occur charges for Mobile Network, Cellular, Broadband downloading unless you have a unlimited plan with your provider
    so be careful. Once you change this setting you effectively open yourself to overage data charges
    as large downloads will not be stopped, paused or postponed until you are on a WiFi network. I recommend you only change this setting when needed and to leave it at the default setting, which is Metered Connection On, when not needed.

• To allow downloads on cellular connections simply hit Windows key, or go to Start menu, or on some devices you can swipe the right side of your screen to open the Action Bar and select Settings>Devices>Connected Devices. Once you have opened this window
      you will see the Download Over Metered Connections option, simply turn it on.
    • To change Wireless or WiFi select Settings>Network & Internet>WiFi then choose Manage Known Networks, choose the Connection from the Wireless Networks listed that you plan on connecting to or the one your already connected to, and then click properties,
      you will see the option Metered Connections, turn off or on.

3. Set Wireless Network as Metered or Non-Metered in Windows 10  

I found that after selecting wifi it shows a list of available connections and under need to select advanced settings and the metered selection is located their. and is not as the above tutorial.

peter prewett, Sep 17, 2018
  4. Eric Ber Win User

Cellular metering

Cellular/SIM connection not available/disappearing

Hi,

A faulty cellular adapter is one of the possible reasons why the cellular connection is disappearing from the laptop. A disabled adapter in the Network Connections Settings can also be the cause of this issue. We suggest you to enable the cellular connection
    in the Network Connections settings. You can follow the steps below:

• Press the Windows key.
    • Type View Network Connections.
    • Press the Enter key.
    • Right-click on the cellular adapter and click Enable.

Should you need further assistance, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Eric Ber, Sep 17, 2018
Thema:

Cellular metering

1. Cellular metering - Similar Threads - Cellular metering

2. How to get and set the status of Enable or Disable Cellular Data Roaming in Windows 11, in...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to get and set the status of Enable or Disable Cellular Data Roaming in Windows 11, in...: How to get and set the status of Enable or Disable Cellular Data Roaming in Windows 11, in the code of a UWP application https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-get-and-set-the-status-of-enable-or-disable/c841f242-d7cc-4ba6-bce4-23b5830d4ed1
  3. How to get and set the status of Enable or Disable Cellular Data Roaming in Windows 11, in...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to get and set the status of Enable or Disable Cellular Data Roaming in Windows 11, in...: How to get and set the status of Enable or Disable Cellular Data Roaming in Windows 11, in the code of a UWP application https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-get-and-set-the-status-of-enable-or-disable/c841f242-d7cc-4ba6-bce4-23b5830d4ed1
  4. Sim slot available and fingerprint reader available, but no cellular network settings, or...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sim slot available and fingerprint reader available, but no cellular network settings, or...: MY question is in two parts.I have a hp EliteBook 850 g5, there's a sim slot available by the side but in the system settings, there are no for cellular/sim network.I am up-to date with updates and even updated all network drivers individually under Device Manager.Under...
  5. Sim slot available and fingerprint reader available, but no cellular network settings, or...

Sim slot available and fingerprint reader available, but no cellular network settings, or...: MY question is in two parts.I have a hp EliteBook 850 g5, there's a sim slot available by the side but in the system settings, there are no for cellular/sim network.I am up-to date with updates and even updated all network drivers individually under Device Manager.Under...
  6. Cellular setting missing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cellular setting missing: Dear Microsoft, I am using Dell Latitude E7270, Windows 10 64 Bit but the cellular tab is missing from Network and Internet. In vain I have tried all the fixes that were ever shortlisted by your support. I want to use my sim card to connect to the internet. My drivers are...
  7. Cellular setting missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cellular setting missing: Dear Microsoft, I am using Dell Latitude E7270, Windows 10 64 Bit but the cellular tab is missing from Network and Internet. In vain I have tried all the fixes that were ever shortlisted by your support. I want to use my sim card to connect to the internet. My drivers are...
  8. Cellular setting missing

9. Cellular account not active

Cellular account not active: What does that mean "account not active" on cellular network? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cellular-account-not-active/ee6b2834-9b1a-4f41-9da9-ca0639d8a18c
  10. Can't set cellular to metered in Win 10 - switch is greyed out

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't set cellular to metered in Win 10 - switch is greyed out: Title almost says it all - how can I set cellular to a metered connection when the switch is greyed out ?? I am on a limited plan with an internal sim in my pc and don't wat my data to evaporate. (Win 10 IP 18908) 133664