Windows 10: Cellular module turns itself on after sleep/resume or reboot

Discus and support Cellular module turns itself on after sleep/resume or reboot in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I bought a cellular module for my laptop off ebay a few months ago, and it's been working great for a while. Last week, it started turning itself on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by silvertriclops, Sep 21, 2018.

1. Cellular module turns itself on after sleep/resume or reboot

I bought a cellular module for my laptop off ebay a few months ago, and it's been working great for a while. Last week, it started turning itself on after every power on. I tried updating the drivers to the ones posted on HP's site (instead of windows' Generic Mobile Broadband driver), it didn't work after that so I reverted it, but it still turns itself on after each resume. It's really getting on my nerves, because I don't need it when I'm inside a building with good wifi, and if I forget to manually shut it off it'll drain my battery and my data plan. Is this a known issue and how can I fix it?

:)

silvertriclops, Sep 21, 2018
  2. BrooksyX Win User

Win7 Pro Laptop crashes when resumes from sleep

Ok almost positive it related to the wifi card/driver. If I disable it in the device manager my laptop sleeps and resumes just fine.

So I guess first step would to be try to find a different driver and if that doesnt work I guess I can replace it. Used mini pci-e wifi cards are pretty cheap.

BrooksyX, Sep 21, 2018
  3. Windows won't resume from sleep but turn on.

I just clean installed WIndows 10 onto my PC after it fails to load Windows previously. Now I got a new problem; Windows won't resume to its last state after I put it to sleep or hibernate it. When I wake my laptop from sleep, it will just turn on and load
    Windows like it was shut down before. In fact, all windows that I have already opened before putting my laptop to sleep also lost.

It supposed to turn on the screen straight to the lockscreen (not loading the windows all over again and losing all my opened apps or windows), and all my opened apps and windows should be there just like I left before putting it to sleep.

I already try to reset Windows 10 just now, and the problem still there.

Hope anyone could help me since I tried to google but many of the problems are Windows won't turn on and resume at all. Where as mine, Windows did turn on like normally but it didn't resume from its last state.

SanimSatri, Sep 21, 2018
  4. bim27142 Win User

Cellular module turns itself on after sleep/resume or reboot

Asus P8Z77-V resumes from sleep

I just noticed, my Asus P8Z77-V will resume from sleep all by itself without any intervention. I put it to sleep (Start > Sleep) then after a few seconds, it resumes. I don't know what's causing this. I have a USB mouse, I tried disconnecting it, still it resumed on its own after a few seconds. My keyboard is also USB but I haven't tried disconnecting that (yet) since I don't find it to be a likely culprit.

Any ideas? *Confused Cellular module turns itself on after sleep/resume or reboot :confused:

bim27142, Sep 21, 2018
Thema:

Cellular module turns itself on after sleep/resume or reboot

1. Cellular module turns itself on after sleep/resume or reboot - Similar Threads - Cellular module turns

2. Windows will still turn itself on after I put it to sleep.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows will still turn itself on after I put it to sleep.: Hello,I am still having issues with my Windows PC after I put it to sleep. I've already went into Control Panel> Hardware and Sound,>Power Options> Balanced> Change Settings For Plan> And Change Advance Power Setting. When I checked under Allow hybrid sleep under the Sleep...
  3. Windows will still turn itself on after I put it to sleep.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows will still turn itself on after I put it to sleep.: Hello,I am still having issues with my Windows PC after I put it to sleep. I've already went into Control Panel> Hardware and Sound,>Power Options> Balanced> Change Settings For Plan> And Change Advance Power Setting. When I checked under Allow hybrid sleep under the Sleep...
  4. Sleeping mode - PC turns on by itself

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Sleeping mode - PC turns on by itself: Some times it turns on immediately and some times it takes some hours after I select sleep mode. I already disabled "Allow wake timers" in Advanced settings / Power Opitions and saw a couple ways to fix this problem which involves the command "powercfg -lastwake" in the cmd...
  5. PC wakes itself seconds after turned in sleep mode

PC wakes itself seconds after turned in sleep mode: Hi to all mention that I need the computer to be able to be wake up with Wake on LAN. That works. The problem is that now, after seconds of turning the PC in sleep mode, it wakes it self up. This is the output of powercfg -lastwake: Recuento de historial de activación -...
  6. Laptop display turns on and off after restarting/resuming from sleep mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop display turns on and off after restarting/resuming from sleep mode: Hello! Recently, I've been having issues with my laptop Dell Inspiron 15, where the display will turn on, display nothing, and then turn off again. It keeps doing that until I perform a hard-shutdown holding the power button. The computer hasn't had this issue prior to...
  7. Laptop reboots itself after an overnight sleep.

Laptop reboots itself after an overnight sleep.: So I have been experiencing this problem with my laptop lately, where I would leave my laptop sleep overnight and open the next morning. But when I opened, the screen turns black, lights from the laptop is still blinking, usually, the screen would just greet me and ask for my...
  8. Dark screen on sleep resume, then reboot from bugcheck

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Dark screen on sleep resume, then reboot from bugcheck: My laptop is a Samsung NP880Z5E. Runs a i7-3635 processor. Came with dual graphics chips: Intel HD4000 and AMD Radeon 8700. The computer, when bought new, was running Windows 8.1, but has been running Windows 10 for months. Currently running Windows 10 version 1607. On...
  9. Wi-fi unable to connect after reboot or resume from sleep.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wi-fi unable to connect after reboot or resume from sleep.: Hi all, got a bit of an annoying issue I'd like help troubleshooting. Updated my old laptop from 7 pro to 10 pro (x64). All went pretty smooth. However my wi-fi is being a bit temperamental. After boot up, reboot or resume from sleep the wi-fi does not automatically...
  10. Wake from Sleep - Laptop Reboots itself

in Windows 10 Support
    Wake from Sleep - Laptop Reboots itself: Hi Guys, Please help me a little, I think I'm losing my mind. I have an Asus Ultrabook, UX302L. It came with windows 8 from the factory, I upgraded it to windows 10, all nice and wonderful. About a month ago, I replaced my HDD with an Samsung 850 Evo SSD and I installed...